Guild Wars 2 April Fools’ Pranks
Yesterday was April 1st, and with it came a long string of pranks, jokes and other shenanigans. The Guild Wars 2 community was of course no different.Here are some of the pranks that were pulled:
- The Official Guild Wars 2 Wiki had a revealing “State of the Game” interview with Colin Johanson.
- ArenaNet released some interesting Update Notes for Guild Wars 1.
- Reddit renamed Guild Wars 2 to “Bovine Wars 2″ for the day.
- Guild Wars 2 Guru claimed that they would close down after the official forums were launched and most of their mods would transfer over.
- WoodenPotatoes spent an entire Guild Wars 2 Daily soliciting for likes after reaching 1 million views. (He is not asking for much..)
- GuildMag could reveal that the Guild Wars 2 console version was confirmed for release on all major consoles, and also with motion control support.
- GuildWarsInsider had a whole bunch of breaking news – the new Waterbucket elite, new sound effects, auction houses, combat system overhaul and a highly interesting change to the cash shop.
- GW2 Evolution had the scoop on PvP changes.
- Finally we here at GWOnline concocted a story that Colin Johanson had been spirited away from ArenaNet, and we also gave all our members a taste of modship for the day.
- And don’t miss MattVisual‘s video on Combat changes and motions controls, where he reacts to a lot of these breaking news…and shares his newfound love for World of Warcraft.
So there you have it. Did you run into another Guild Wars prank yesterday? Do share in the comment section below, especially if you bought it, even for a second. 😉