Guild Wars 2 April Fools’ Pranks
Yesterday was April 1st, and with it came a long string of pranks, jokes and other shenanigans. The Guild Wars 2 community was of course no different.Here are some of the pranks that were pulled:
- The Official Guild Wars 2 Wiki had a revealingÂ “State of the Game” interview with Colin Johanson.
- ArenaNet released some interesting Update Notes for Guild Wars 1.
- RedditÂ renamed Guild Wars 2 to “Bovine Wars 2″ for the day.
- Guild Wars 2 Guru claimed that they would close down after the official forums were launched and most ofÂ theirÂ mods would transfer over.
- WoodenPotatoes spent an entire Guild Wars 2 DailyÂ solicitingÂ for likesÂ after reaching 1 million views. (He is not asking for much..)
- GuildMag could reveal that theÂ Guild Wars 2 console version was confirmed for releaseÂ onÂ all major consoles, and also with motionÂ control support.
- GuildWarsInsider had a whole bunch of breaking news – the new Waterbucket elite, new sound effects, auction houses, combat system overhaulÂ and a highly interesting change to the cash shop.
- GW2 Evolution had the scoop on PvP changes.
- FinallyÂ we here at GWOnline concocted a story that Colin Johanson had been spirited away from ArenaNet, and we also gave all our members a taste of modship for the day.
- AndÂ don’tÂ miss MattVisual‘s video onÂ Combat changes and motions controls, where he reacts to a lot of these breaking news…and shares his newfound love for World of Warcraft.
So there you have it. Did you run into another Guild Wars prank yesterday? Do share in the comment section below, especially if youÂ boughtÂ it, even for a second.