Guild Wars 2 Weekly
This week has been one of great excitement for us here at GWOnline, since we got our GWOnline FANtastic Friends initiative off the ground. So far we have teamed up with Dragon Season, GW-EN and SageLikeOne. In other news ArenaNet released the third and final part of the Winds of Change content in Guild Wars 1, and there was an illuminating lore interview with Jeff Grubb in GuildMag. All in all a great week!
- Guild Wars 1: Winds of Change part 3. The final part of Winds of Change in Guild Wars 1 went live this week.
- ArenaNet blog: Miku’s Tale. In conjunction with this, ArenaNet released a lore piece about Miku, one of the main figures in the Guild Wars Beyond content.
- NCSoft: Gamer Safety Week. NCSoft, in collaboration with several other developers and publishers, dubbed this last week “Gamer Safety Week”, sharing safety tips with their users each day of the week. (Forum Discussion)
- GuildMag: Zhaitan’s Secrets. Jeff Grubb shares some lore about Guild Wars 2 prime bad-boy; Zhaitan.
Videos and Podcasts:
- Guildcast: Episode 9 – Underwater PvP. Gary, Shawn, Elixabeth and guest co-host Ed Park talk underwater PvP and answers a host of other questions the viewers have sent in.
- Tales of Tyria #17: A scandal in Seattle. The team delve into discussion of skimpy armor controversy (for lack of anything better to controvert over) and answer viewer emails.
- SagelikeOne: Who are making Guild Wars 2? Sage gives us an excellent overview over the team behind Guild Wars 2. Very interesting view. (Forum discussion)
- Snebzor: Old Spice Parody. Snebzor posted a rather hilarious Old Spice parody.
- Wetwillyhip: New Heroes of Tyria. YouTuber wetwillyhip posted this fan-made GW2 trailer on YouTube and it is, in a word, amazing. A must see!
- GWOnline: Guild Wars fan creation spotlight – Music remixes. Two nice variants of the Gamescom Guild Wars 2 trailer music.
- RPGReporter: Vote for most anticipated MMO. The RPG reporter vote is still ongoing. GW2 is still in the lead, but it is not over yet. (Forum discussion)
- Talking of lists, here is this week’s crop: Gamerzine, GW2 at #1 “Come on, did you really expect anything but Guild Wars 2 to top this list?”. Gameranx, GW2 at #1. Velocitygamer. GW2 at #3 and InRumor, GW2 at #3.
- MMORPG: Community Support. David North thinks about how ArenaNet migth support the GW2 community. (Forum discussion)
- The Vigilant: Microtransactions and Guild Wars 2. Rhysanne ponders the GW2 business model.
- The Vigilant: Tales of Tyria – chapter 10: Paulina. Rhysanne continues her Fan Fiction saga.
- Dragon Season: Class Diversity. Feral goes through class diversity in Guild Wars 1.
- Guild Wars Insider: Skyrim and Guild Wars 2, Changing The Face of Gaming. Kefkah ponders how Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 are both pushing the boundaries in RPG gaming.
- Guild Wars Insider: Joe Pikop and GW2 Creature Building. GWI posted a show-and-tell video made by ArenaNet creature designer Joe Pikop.
- The Feral Engineer: Engineer lore: Part 2. Feral takes a real close look on Engineer lore. Great read!
- Flamethrowing: If Guild Wars 2 is easy, will they come? Accessibility vs. difficulty. Flame Throwing wonders what will be the “perfect” difficulty for Guild Wars 2.
- Nerdybookahs: Let us mourn the loss of the holy trinity. Nerdybookahs take a trip down memory lane, to holy trinity MMOs past and present.
- Demajen: Closer to…. Blogger Demajen had another productive week, finishing up his profession series with the Warrior and
- Demajen: Thoughts on GW2 character creation and
- Demajen: Versatility Parallels: GW2 professions vs. other MMO classes and
- Demajen: “Questing” in Guild Wars 2.
- Hunter’s Insight: The shape of what’s to come. HI ponders the upcoming GW2 reveals.
- GuildMag: What the Skimpy-Armor Debate Misses. Littleboat throws his hat in the ring of skimpy armor controversy. (Forum discussion)
- GuildMag: Gamer Safety Week: Keeping your Account Secure. Dutch Sunshine shares some more account security tips.
- Conjure Phantasm: Well it took me long enough. ShaunNox of CP as well as Mesmer.me announced that he will be taking a step back from GW2 blogging.
- GW2 by DC: It’s coming, but slowly. DC ponders what it might mean that the press are getting beta invites, among other things.
- Kill Ten Rats: With Beta’d breath. Ravious ponders the Guild Wars 2 betas.
- Malstrom’s Articles News: Email: Guild Wars 2 is definitely not a WoW killer. Sean Malstrom shares an eloquent e-mail explaining why GW2 is not a “WoW killer”.
- Second Magazine: Where Guild Wars 2 needs improvement. Not everyone is happy with everything ArenaNet is bringing to the table in Guild Wars 2. In this blog post Billy Saefong lists what he thinks should be improved.
- GWOnline: GW2 invited beta tester pool increased, still under full NDA.
- GWOnline: GW1 Spoils the community for GW2 with no down times.
- GWOnline: Head to Head: Thief vs Ranger. Alaris squares off the two “mobile fighter” types. (Forum Discussion)
- GWOnline: Looking For FANtastic Friends! We got the friends initiative launched, and are extremely happy with the response so far.
- Finally, this one popped up in my search and is just too weird not to be shared! Over at Pastebin someone put a Skyrim-themed fan fiction with Colin Johanson in the leading role. Favorite quote: “It’s not easy being Colin Johanson, but the shield sure helps keep the fans at bay!”