Sunday weekly Guild Wars news roundup
Welcome to the third weekly GWOnline Guild Wars news roundup, which means that we can now call it a regular thing!
This week Jim Boer at ArenaNet posted a developer blog about the iterative process of the conversation cinematics in Guild Wars 2. ArenaNet also showed that they still care about Guild Wars 1, by announcing a brand new post-hack account restoration feature. And we here at GWOnline announced our Secret Charr program! But that is not all. Follow after the jump for a full list of this week’s Guild Wars news.
Other news this week:
- The MMO Report sent Casey Schreiner over to the ArenaNet studios to have a chat with their voice actor talent.
- Team Quitter listed the Top 10 flaws of Guild Wars 2, from a PvP perspective.
- Guild Wars Insider speculated about the timing for beta and final profession release. GWI also released their 8th podcast episode; “Vertically Challenged”.
- Guild Wars 2 journal asked for guilds to be spotlighted, starting out with Animosity
- Randomessa at “Casual is as Casual Does” compared Guild Wars 2 with Skyrim.
- Meanwhile, Zyl made comparisons with World of Warcraft. Fun with some perspectives from people who have not been following Guild Wars 2 from the start.
- Another person who compared Guild Wars 2 with WoW, or rather the new expansion Mists of Pandaria, was Alexrediculous.
- Rubi Bayer went down memory lane in the latest Flameseeker Chonicles.
- Matt over at Desert Bus had a chat with Felicia Day, the voice of Zojja in Guild Wars 2. Here is a link to the pre-show announcement and questions, if any reader have a link for the actual broadcast that would be neat.
- SagelikeOne posted a new video to his very active Guild Wars 2 YouTube channel. The latest one is about Skills and Traits. Well worth a watch!
- David North over at MMORPG pondered what ArenaNet’s promised Guild Wars 2 mobile app might entail.
- Tales of Tyria came out with episode 7 of their videocast, provokingly named Why GW2 will fail.
- HP MagCloud is offering digital download of a Guild Wars 2-featuring issue of the magazine Skewed and Reviewed for free.
- Finally, Guild Wars 2 was nominated for the Ten Ton Hammer “most anticipated MMO” award, voting ongoing!
As per usual, if we missed anything, please leave a tip in the comment section!
Check back next Sunday for another weekly news roundup here at GWOnline.