PDA

View Full Version : Hello all you Guildies!

Tsume
16-11-2004, 04:58
Yet another way to clean out the main forum a bit. Hopefully people will start paying attention where they post. Another :thumbsup: to the mods.

So we all know of Spirits of War, and you should know of The Order of DII assuming you have eyes and can see it has a forum as well. I believe The Order of DII is still taking applications if anyone wants to mosey over to their forums.

So lets have some fun, get to know each other a bit. What do you guys enjoy most about being part of a guild? Whether it is based on competition, fun, PvE, PvP, a mixture, all, or more. There seems to be an advantage in a smaller group of friends being in a guild, as opposed to a collective of 50 people who barely know each other. Ofcourse everyone must agree, Guilds are great! After all it is Guild Wars.

I look forward to warring with you all! :wave:

2Face
16-11-2004, 05:25
Basically yea. The date they set of Dec 4th, just seems so far away. I've been looking through GW stuff for most of my spare time at home, and to think I'm this addicted to it, haha. Maybe I need my daily dose of the GW Patch to cure it! Or even better, MORE BETA WEEKENDS? haha. Anyway.... when it starts, I'm also looking forward to playing with everyone here! Hopefully I can get to know some of you by then!

sir blackmoon
16-11-2004, 06:48
Hey we at the Black Dragon Guild are taking applications too. :) Just mosey on over to our website www.blackmoonskeep.net/bdg and check it out. Still working on the site since we are a new guild, but we have alot of anxious and energetic folks waiting for the next beta weekend.

I can't wait for the next beta weekend. I missed the first one by being out of town, but I am ready for this one. All GW and nothing else, not even sleep or food, just GW. Maybe a beer or two, but mostly GW. LOL!

Jochiam_Shriker
16-11-2004, 07:56
The revolutions guild is proud to be a part oif the game and this community if any of you guys are looking for a good guild war next beta weekend look up me or HCJ or emporerdecker or hell any of us revolutions peeps we'll be glad to beat on you and have you beat on us .

Freyas
16-11-2004, 08:03
So lets have some fun, get to know each other a bit. What do you guys enjoy most about being part of a guild? Whether it is based on competition, fun, PvE, PvP, a mixture, all, or more. There seems to be an advantage in a smaller group of friends being in a guild, as opposed to a collective of 50 people who barely know each other. Ofcourse everyone must agree, Guilds are great! After all it is Guild Wars.

I look forward to warring with you all! :wave:

Well, the thing I enjoy most about a guild is having a group of people that I can find to play with- whether it be PvP or PvE. I have a limited group of RL friends that I play games with often, but we can't always be on at the same times, and as for GW, we usually wouldn't even be able to fill out a complete party most of the time. With a guild, I get to know new people, and if I'm looking for something to do in-game, I can usually count on my guildmates to have something that they need help with.

I've really enjoyed guild PvP, even though I'm generally more of a PvE person. I don't think 50 people for a guild is too much- it might take you a while to get to know everyone, but there's enough people that you can usually find a party, and after playing for a month or two, I'm sure you'll know everyone in your guild quite well. Keeping standards for guild membership is very important, though, as if your guild can't get along with each other, then you're not going to have a very enjoyable time. However, I've really enjoyed the time I've spent playing with SoW members, and if someone breaks the rules of the guild, I'm quite confident in our guild leadership to deal with the problem accordingly.

ElvisKungFu
17-11-2004, 06:16
Well, the thing I enjoy most about a guild is having a group of people that I can find to play with- whether it be PvP or PvE. I have a limited group of RL friends that I play games with often, but we can't always be on at the same times, and as for GW, we usually wouldn't even be able to fill out a complete party most of the time.
Ditto for me Freyas. Most of the reasons why I play games is to have a way to hang out with my friends now that I'm a little older and have more responsibilities. A Guild offers a great way to be on the same team as my real-life friends as well as meet up with others that have the same attitudes about life and gaming. It's great to be able to rely on others when you might need help, or offer help to newbs and feel good that you are building the strength of your guild. :xgrin:

Saidinhc
17-11-2004, 06:45
Hello everybody. Apparently you know our guild (if you have eyes as tsume suggested :) ).

I LOVE playing guild versus guild. Sadly though I think there is a LARGE ammount of people who don't realize that this guild vs guild is made for guilds with AT LEAST 8 players. Facing off against guilds during the WPE and BWE who were less than 8 was definitely not as fun as playing against the full teams.

I hope that the cap of 50 gets changed as we've nearly hit our cap, and I hope that guilds end up able to form more than one team for Guild Vs Guild battles.

So thats my opinion on GvG.. Other than that, I love playing in a guild and I love playing with the people I've gotten to know.. I used to play d1 with a group, and we all moved to d2.. it was so much fun, I got hooked on playing with groups of friends.. I used to play with those people for years.. We've drifted a bit (some have moved to WoW).. But I have developed outside game friendships with a lot of those people. I hope I can do the same with my guild mates in GW..

Tsume
17-11-2004, 07:53
I just had to reply upon reading these posts. There truely are some great people with some great views, which I can very easily identify with, on these forums. I also love being able to help people newer to a game and share what knowledge I have collected whether it is great or small. I'm not sure that I would want the cap to increase past 50. I can see the benefits, but there I've had such bad experiences with groups that grow larger and larger. It allways seems to create an elitist system within the group itself. Ofcourse this is inevitable for some groups, where as others who keep there arms open to helping their guild mates and keep the mentality that they are part of a team will never face this. So in fact, if you have good mates then yeah....the bigger the better.

I just love the team aspect of this game. I love how it can be quite tough to solo missions and to a part of a functional group that can help each other through parts. Random partying can achieve this, and you do meet some interesting characters, maybe a few buddies to party up with from time to time. I'm having a great time with the community, both in and out of game right now.

Thankyou for your thoughts, and thankyou to anyone else who choses to post as well.

There is one question that arrived in my mind however. Saidin, can a guild not have multiple teams for GvG battles? I haven't had the pleasure to dwelve extremely deep into the GvG aspect yet, infact I have only been involved in one battle :/.

Kaie Edge
17-11-2004, 12:54
I'm just going to repeat some of what you guys said.
I love the fellowship that comes from being in a guild. It is nice to know that you have a close group that you can count on to join you in whatever your endeavors. I love guild PvP, but I also like just exploring the vast world of Tyria as well as the missions. Though they probably fall into that order for preference: guild PvP, exploring/hunting, missions. I am also extremely competitive so I like being surrounded by players who are just as competitive. I also like how in good guilds they help each other along so that everyone benifits. And I prefer for language and content to be kept clean.

I started out in The Silver Guard(20 members) in the WPE and then I left them to start my own. My guild the White Light Guild has 20 members as well. To be perfectly honest I really just wanted to have a black,red, and white banner design and see how I liked leading my own guild. Due to my general lack of computer knowledge therefore causing an obstacle to me creating a website for my guild, which I see as a must, I'm thinking about posing the idea to my guild to merge with The Silver Guard. I will probably merge with The Silver Guard or see which members would be interested in joining Beastie Boys guild Lamb of God which is a religious guild. I am a christian so the Lamb of God guild appeals to me. If you are interested in joining any of these guilds, then please email me or message me in the game.

Tyndall Omichle
17-11-2004, 20:08
Anyone know how to "leave" a guild to join another?

Tsume
18-11-2004, 02:34
In the Q&A sections it has been said that each of your characters can be in a different guild. However from what I have observed in the beta events this is not the case yet. For right now if one character is in a guild, so are the rest. The only way to withdrawl from a guild currently is to tell the leader(s) of the guild to remove you. At least I believe thats how it is. I never attempted to leave my guild so I am not positive. But I do know they have the power to add and remove members, so logically that would be the only way as of now. If there is another way, do tell, this is just the conclusion I arrived at.

Kaie Edge
18-11-2004, 16:01
Anyone know how to "leave" a guild to join another?
You have to go the guild interface. Then you click either on your name or on the arrow to the left of it will give you the option to leave your guild. Click on that and you leave the guild.