PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 Things One Can Do With Their Cape....

Lady Kingel
19-11-2004, 14:17
Hail to thee my friends of this forum...

I haven't stopped smiling at our cape saga in the other part of the forum...and so....if the kind admins will undulge us in allowing us some fun time on this board...I am starting a Letterman List of Sorts...having specifically to do with our capes as they are now....that being on our backs:

Assumptions:

A. The capes are removable(or may be cut off) for purposes of this board discussion and the replies must be in a form as will relate to the game as we know it now...either in PvP or PvE.

B. Please keep it friendly and child safe as very young people are actually reading our forums.

C. NO CAPES WILL BE HARMED IN THIS FORUM.....even if cut off they are able to magically regenerate when you wish.

1. Use them as a picnic blanket when the team decides it needs to take a break becuase we haven't eaten breakfast or lunch. :drink:

Hugs to all
Lady Kingel

SojakFA
19-11-2004, 14:25
Capes can be used to protect you from the elements once your thrown out of the bar
:drink: :buddies:

Lady Kingel
19-11-2004, 14:41
A New PvP twist....

Hit the *remove cape* button and:

go to the nearest stream....

thoroughly soak your cape...I hear you Anders....I know they are really heavy)

try wringing out the cape..
and then guys....we are gonna have

A WET CAPE snapping PVP CONTEST :winner:
(like towel snapping....)

Dria El
19-11-2004, 14:46
Oh, I'll get in on this...

I could use my cape to wrap it around Prince Rurik's head and disable him and his mouth for 2 seconds.

Ever notice he's about as long-winded as Cain in d2? That boy never shuts up! :xmad:

Dria

ElvisKungFu
19-11-2004, 15:34
Looks like we're on #5

5. When one of our party gets separated, I'll take it off, build a fire, and use it to make smoke signals if they are too far away to see my alerts on the minimap!

Lady Kingel
19-11-2004, 18:26
Hail Elvis...you MUST have played with me...as I was the one who was so enthralled with looking at something and pondering it that my party went completely off the map, and of course...i was totally lost and they had to find me....

#6 is: Throw the out on the large Lake where that horrible guy that takes forever to kill is and TRIP HIM repeatedly...he skates so well!!!....He is the MAIN enemy at the end of one of the quests...it was like a nightmare.....he could even run OFF the ice covered pond...and kill me....and he did many times....

And Dria....that was great...he is SUCH a pain in the neck! I saw somewhere that we should actually try ignoring him...as the mission plays out better....did anyone else read that post...?

Mortaj Delvas
19-11-2004, 22:36
7. (towel snapping variant) Use it to 'thwap' monks as they run past my ranger, just so that they can join a melee fight.

Monk: I'm going to kill the nasty White Mantle Justiciar.

*thwap*

Ranger: Monk, you hit for 2 damage. Stay back and heal the warrior.

Monk: Ouch.

Lady Kingel
20-11-2004, 00:00
Ahhhhhh, My honorable Knight and Scholar, Mortaj Delvas: Tis indeed a pleasure to meet thee again.

I must say my noble one that your ideas did striketh my humor bone quite mightily and that I am still musing to myself at how the good Monk would take on the most nasty While Mantle Justiciar....

I do so appreciate your crafting, brave Knight....please do allow me to throw a coin down at the tavern in your honor and hand you a tankard.

*Lady Kingel curtsies to the handsome Knight....*

My contribution for # 8 is:

I would carefully craft a quilt of many colors: one each from the cloaks of all the honorable guilds I gamed with to hang above one of the many cliffs which my Ranger always tries to climb, but can't. The quilt would symbolize the beauty of the cooperative spirit of the game.

*OOC* Can we actually create one of these...if anyone could tell me how...I would attempt it. If you have ever seen the AIDS quilt displays, it would look like one of those with all the many guilds insignias represented.

With my honor, I remain,
Lady Kingel of Tintagel
--the heart within the soul...
GW Jules Of The Light:R/Mo

actionjack
20-11-2004, 02:43
#9 I think.... Rip it into little pieces.. and make a guild bib out of it...

Tsume
20-11-2004, 06:37
Hail to thee most honorable...yadda....yadda...oh..screw it I dont wanna think that hard.

Number 10. Or....Numero....10 as we say in Espanol. Sometimes we have to traverse vast sects of water in Tyria. And ya know we cant exaclty carry a towel into battle, no we cant. So I just hold my cape up while I'm walking through. Except that one time when the Behemoth surprised me. :grrr: I split him proper though, that I did. I was ill for a week though! Accordingly my cape doubled as an extra large hanky. :hanky:

Lady Kingel
20-11-2004, 17:54
Hail to thee honorable Tsume and actionjack....big *grins* from this maiden....

loved the bib becuase it fits in with the picnic theme and the hanky was a scream. I did wonder noble Tsume how your cape helped you in your battle when you held it up? Did it act like an invisible cloak....I really wish we could each be able to use that spell???? once during each mission....would be super/grin

OK # 11: All of you gallant knights can throw down your capes for all the fetching maidens to walk upon so we don't muddy our boots and our magnificent forms.

Faithfully, I remain your friend...

Lady Kingel of Tintagel
--the heart within the soul...

turgon
20-11-2004, 20:48
12) use it as a glider to access previously inaccessibly areas. emergency parachute sold separately.

btw im new here. :uhhuh:

Tsume
21-11-2004, 01:24
Dearest Lady Kingel, to specify: I hold my cape up while travely sects of water to use it as a towel upon reaching my dry destination.

And on to number 12, well sometimes we become burdened with items that take up more space than we have! I make sure to allways carry a couple of sturdy metal pins. All of the food and necesary items needed for the long trip coming up, well i simply throw my cape over my chest, lay it on a table, and pile all the objects upon it. Then just grab the end and pin it to the top*. Viola....your own handy dandy makeshift backpack. Just toss it back around your shoulder and no need to worry about your bread or jerked meat slipping away from you.

*It should be noted, if your load is much larger than my typical load, you might need a few extra pins on the sides.

Oh and turgon....welcome to the forums!!!!!! :wave:

SojakFA
21-11-2004, 08:38
Take some Psychadelics and use it as a magic carpet :drool:

Lady Kingel
21-11-2004, 11:26
Hail SojakFA----you have made me smile broadly :)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I loved that idea...brilliant in fact....and so I am making #14:

Link all the parties capes together and the leader will use the Skill of Flying Carpet to navigate us through the Exploration Areas....wouldn't that be kewl?

Wish we did have a levitation skill for avoiding the poisonous waters...

I remain with honor,
Lady Kingel

Dria El
21-11-2004, 14:42
You could roll it up and use it for a pillow for a nice nap on the beach after an especially hard mission.

Dria

:xcool:

Lorraine Brightglade
21-11-2004, 16:30
Hello and hugs !

- Magically lengthen cape, and tie around column for loved ones still in missions far from home.

Lorraine Brightglade - monk
Rooke Goldenleaf - ranger

Lorraine Brightglade
21-11-2004, 16:32
Hello again and more hugs !

- When loved ones arrive, use them to 'do wave' !

Lady Kingel
21-11-2004, 18:12
Ok.....I have long disliked those Charr Martyrs who heal the other Charr monsters...so it is time to snuff out their lives with our capes!!!! Next number is #19...

Hugs to all,
Lady Kingel~ SKR

Jules Of The Light: R/Mo
Lady Kingel: Mo/R

turgon
21-11-2004, 18:31
lol luvin the magic carpet idea.

19. The ability to take off your cape and whip the enemy sounds more satisfying than bashing them with swords and hammers. i mean cmon, who's done that in real life!?!?!?!

Lorraine Brightglade
21-11-2004, 19:12
lol luvin the magic carpet idea.

19. The ability to take off your cape and whip the enemy sounds more satisfying than bashing them with swords and hammers. i mean cmon, who's done that in real life!?!?!?!

Mental image of players chasing monsters around, wet cape (towel) fighthing with monsters. *big giggles*

Tsume
21-11-2004, 19:55
20. Using it to play peek-a-boo with that cute little Tengu cub you now have (after slaying its parents :/ ).

Ander Moonshadow
21-11-2004, 20:41
Hail fellow Guild Warriors

21. putting it on your lynx to warm him up after a specifically cold shiverpeaks mission

22. wrapping it around you and your lady in the Alpine Plateau

23. If you wrap a white cape around you, the Charr will think you a ghost and flee!

24. Cloth of Many pockets. It is a magical backpack

25. Wrap your gifts in a piece of cape to surprise the recipient

26. You could handily fool a minotaur with a red cape ;)

Too many? heh.

Lady Kingel
21-11-2004, 20:51
Must admit...I am one who would like to fool Minotaurs...still love the magic carpet though as I can really see that one!

OK thinking hard here.... OF COURSE!!! (So obvious....don't know why I didn't think of this before)

27. I am cutting mine up and making mouse pads out of it!

*Kingel hands out mouse pads to all her friends in the forum*

Blood Reign
21-11-2004, 21:07
#28. Since it is so hard to find safety blankies around here, the cape will do as you hug it tightly while sucking your thumb getting ready to die at the hand of some fierce looking beast. and.....

#29. After being out in the wilds for so long, the only garment which best resembles toilet paper .... the cape serves its final and most vital purpose.
:thanks:

actionjack
21-11-2004, 22:52
#30 Wearing only your cape (with nothing underneath), wrap it around you like a trenchcoate, and go around town Flashing ladies, or if you perfer, gentlemen, in dark ally ways.

Dreamsmith
21-11-2004, 23:42
#31: Use to wipe up tears of despair at the end of a beta weekend. :hanky:

Rekit
22-11-2004, 00:10
I have to give a nod to Douglas Adams here:

#32. With a sudden and deftly executed shoulder-snap Skill, your cape wraps itself tightly around your head, completely obscuring your face...

The easily-confused Gypsy Ettin, that was preparing to smite you, concludes that since you can no longer see him, he can no longer see *you*... allowing your semi-swift escape (considering your Cape-Blind condition), or the moments distraction your party's Warrior needs to sneak up behind him and cleanly sever the Ettin's limbs! :clap:

ElvisKungFu
22-11-2004, 03:34

A new form of PvP: Tug'0'Cape! Guild leaders have to shed their capes and tie them together. Strongest team pulls the others into poisoned swamp water.

MasterNightfall
22-11-2004, 04:15
34:

Three words:

Cam-Ou-Flage

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Kenthar/naruto2.jpg

turgon
22-11-2004, 08:01
35:

Sponge-o-cape

A revolutionary new invention that's already taken Lion's Arch by storm!!

Are you sick of facing uncrossable lakes and rivers??? Are you tired of getting your armour rusted!?!?!?

Well no more!!!! Sponge-o-cape will suck up all the water and voila...instant dry path!!

Eat your heart out Moses!

( comes in assorted colours-maroon and purple not available )

Wriswith Brodir
22-11-2004, 10:35
#30 Wearing only your cape (with nothing underneath), wrap it around you like a trenchcoate, and go around town Flashing ladies, or if you perfer, gentlemen, in dark ally ways.

Like the trenchcoat drop the flasher part.

IDEA: rip it up and tie your lady friend to the bed and... :surprise:

Tsume
22-11-2004, 16:56
Darn database errors. Yesterday I posted a toilet paper suggestion, then I come back to find that not only did it not go through, but someone else suggested it now too! ARRRRGGGH. You shalnt be forgiven Database Error. The next time I see you, I will have my revenge.

On to number 36:
Dont you hate it when that Moa bird you tried to tame, turns out to be a pack of Moas and they arn't to happy you tried to sack one of em? Those things are fast too, the first thing that comes to mind is "Uh-oh", and then your running for your life. What kinda way to die is that? Getting pecked to death by Moas....embarassing but happens. I myself almost lost a friend just last BWE. However, to ensure this no longer occurs, just look for the nearest tree, unbutton your cape from your neck, grab it and sling it around the tree to your other hand and quickly shimmy up the tree. Now your safe from those dasterdly Moa's, and even Warthogs and Wolves. Errrm...just watch out for a clan of Lynx.

Vexion
22-11-2004, 18:16
#37 Pin it to the ground to keep noobs from running off and dying.

Lady Kingel
22-11-2004, 18:49
Hail noble Tsume.....too bad about the TP Idea....it was good thinking
though/grin...

And MasterNIghtfall-I loved yours!

OK....# 38...

You all know how we have to carry those seeds and then we (meaning me) forget we are carrying a seed and try to fight with them....

Well I propose we rub a section of cape on the magical part of the seed and place that section of cape in our pockets and drop that instead of the seed to make the bridge. That way we can still continue to use our weapons instead of the seed...and possibly live longer!

SojakFA
23-11-2004, 09:38
I have to give a nod to Douglas Adams here:

#32. With a sudden and deftly executed shoulder-snap Skill, your cape wraps itself tightly around your head, completely obscuring your face...

The easily-confused Gypsy Ettin, that was preparing to smite you, concludes that since you can no longer see him, he can no longer see *you*... allowing your semi-swift escape (considering your Cape-Blind condition), or the moments distraction your party's Warrior needs to sneak up behind him and cleanly sever the Ettin's limbs! :clap:

Or, you know, it could just be a replacement for your travel towel, maybe put some nutrients in one of the corners so you could suck on it during extended missions.

Anybody else excited about that movie? They've started showing a preview in theaters (no scenes from the movie in it though :( ).

ElvisKungFu
23-11-2004, 14:35
Your Guild members all contribute a strip of their cape fabric to make a giant weaved tapestry to hang in your guild hall.

Lipton
23-11-2004, 15:30

Females can use em as Skirts and men as kilts :hanky:

Tsume
24-11-2004, 17:16
What movie are you talkin about Sojak?

Number 42.

You uuuhhhh.. Uhhhhh. Ummm.

:scratch: ...lets see...tommorrow is Thanksgiving :idea:

You hold a feast at your Guild Hall but realize that....you dont have a table cloth! So every member simply undoes his cape and lays it across the table, until you have a great looking temporary tablecloth. The downside is having to trek to the river to clean em all off afterwards. :p

turgon
26-11-2004, 15:53
43: players can use their capes to cover their private parts when their armour breaks due to constant abuse from Ettins and the like. :evil:

Tsume
28-11-2004, 18:57
Number 44.

Makes for an easy outfit when going to a convention.

Lady Kingel
28-11-2004, 21:05
# 45 OK....think Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair for this one: For those who don't know that Children's Fairy Tale...Rapunzel is a maiden with hair that is at least 50 feet long and she uses lets it fall down out of an Ivory Tower for someone to climb up.( and guys...I am not sure if that is really correct...if someone knows the correct version...let us know...can't remember why she did that/grin

Assumptions:

1. I have mathematically calculated that each cape would be about 5 feet long and we could cut each cape into 1 x 4 ' strips and tie them together giving us almost 16 feet in strip length for each cape...

2. If we take all six capes from guildies in a mission and cut them up and string them together we would have @ 96' of cape strips...

Now....we have all wanted a way to go down those cliffs....sooo my dear ones....

I have just announced #45: Lady Kingel's Rapelling Cape Service.
Lessons available in trade for Runes, Pelts and other rarely secured items...

Lady Kingel ties the last cape strip together and gives it to Tsume and Ander Moonshadow who look at Lipton and ask him if he has ever Cape rappelled in the Wilderness, and I see Elvis smiling and winking at me....

SojakFA
28-11-2004, 22:53

Number 42.

You uuuhhhh.. Uhhhhh. Ummm.

:scratch: ...lets see...tommorrow is Thanksgiving :idea:

You hold a feast at your Guild Hall but realize that....you dont have a table cloth! So every member simply undoes his cape and lays it across the table, until you have a great looking temporary tablecloth. The downside is having to trek to the river to clean em all off afterwards. :p
They are making a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie!

Jantix
30-11-2004, 01:43
7. (towel snapping variant) Use it to 'thwap' monks as they run past my ranger, just so that they can join a melee fight.

*thwap*

lmao :lol: :lol:

Lady Kingel
11-12-2004, 20:13
You go into the wilds and cut down (most sadly for us tree huggers) a beautiful Fir tree and take it to your cottage and when it is standing straight, you use your cape around the bottom of it like a tree skirt and place the presents on top of the cape.

This idea is most suited for those who do not wish to cut their capes even though they regenate when you are through using it.

Jersey
12-12-2004, 14:08
Off course..... You cut your cape to small, unregularly formed pieces, and....... You've got yourself a puzzle, so that you or a friend can twist your mind trying to put it back together......

Tsume
12-12-2004, 23:26
NUMBER 50..WOOHOOO.

I got number 50. In your face numbers 1-49.

Um...lets see.

Use...it...to.... I mean..

Uhh...cut it up...and...spell the number 50...then...hot glue it to...a...Doylak...no wait.

Grab your sword and cut off some of the Doylak's fur to make it read '50' on the bare spot, then throw your cape over its back, and ride into town, signifiying to all that you are Tsume, king of the halfway to 100 mark.

turgon
13-12-2004, 06:02
lol very...imaginative...indeed

51) a special elastic cape that can 'trampoline' you up tp high places, or 'shoot' you across valleys, ACME style. Just tie it to two trees, or two unwilling companions, wind up your shot, and swoosh, a bonafied one way trip :xman:

Jersey
13-12-2004, 14:31
...which of course leads to the next idea..... 52)

You load your newly aquired elastic-cape-sling with a moa bird......
"Is it a plane? NO! It's a flying kamikaze moa! WOW!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kirellii
29-12-2004, 01:59
I have found the mountains to be so tiring.

So number 53 - Ski Rope

Using your bow to ski and the fighter's cape to hold onto - skiing to Lion's Arch. Tricks done on the way count for points such as dwarf slalom, ettin jumping, and dragon skirting.

For the brave, have the Fighter use SPRINT skill.

The end of the run is of course the arch of Lion's Arch.

:xsnow:

Lady Kingel
29-12-2004, 02:21
I am still laughing...

Let's see #54:

When you enter the tar waters...use a small cut section to wip off your boots....

I have always wondered why my diaphanous gown is able to stay so clean...not a speck of dirt, tar, nor mud. It never tears although I frequently run through boulders, get stuck in them and pull on my gown furiously to free myself; run through huge steel structures and enormous timbers. It always remains dry...and it never shows blood stains, even though I have the great fortune to look up that the sky periodically. Just why is that?

Lady Kingel grabs a section of her magical cape and winks at Kirelli and says"...hop on....we'll go Ettin Jumping" I just learned a new style from Turgon....when we get closer to them....press this button sewn on right here....

Are you ready...on the count of three then....

One

Two

Three...."
Kirelli presses the gold button and he and Kingel are trampolined very high above the ettins....They both smiled and said...

"You gotta love that Turgon"

SpineyNorman
29-12-2004, 16:19

Number 42.
It doesn't get any better than that.

Wad it up, use it to rub in some ointment to deal with that pain you have running down your left leg.

Lady Kingel
29-12-2004, 17:35
It doesn't get any better than that.

Wad it up, use it to rub in some ointment to deal with that pain you have running down your left leg.

I think you were 55 actually, as I was 54/grin...

hugs, my friend!

SpineyNorman
29-12-2004, 21:01
I think you were 55 actually, as I was 54/grin...
DOH!

DOH!DOH!

Flip it over your head to hide your shame

Shadow Marauder
13-01-2005, 00:16

*thwap*

At a minimum you should be able to grab his cape and YANK HIM BACK!

Gyro Scope
13-01-2005, 01:50
This was probably said already, but I didn't read a lot of the thread...

#57 - Use your red cape for a "bull fight" against the Charr.

hi dudes r u happy
27-08-2005, 03:35
#58(i think)

use a black cape to cover yourself in the dark

hi dudes r u happy
27-08-2005, 03:38

use green cape to hide in forest

hi dudes r u happy
27-08-2005, 04:55

you can blindfold an enemy :clap:

BeefChunks
29-08-2005, 01:36
Stop the bleeding of a near-fatal wound.

Jahoclave
29-08-2005, 03:02
#62 Hail a passing space-ship, steal said lasers (because we all know they have lasers) and declare yourself king of Tyria; because we all know that you just can't beat lasers.