PDA

View Full Version : Life Attunement

Forbiddian
22-11-2004, 23:39
The current wording is (according to the last Beta Weekend): While you maintain this enchantment, target ally deals less damage in combat, but gainst (114-150)% more health when healed.

MORE health when healed. Does it mean "Gains instead (114-150)%" or "Gains (14-50)% more"

If its current reading stays true, it may become the most effective soloing skill in the game. An Elementalist/X or Monk/X or X/Monk would have a field day with this spell. It is cheap to buy, so you can buy a few gems and just use a new necklace every day.

Then coupled with Aura of Restoration (the best solo skill for Elementalists, hands down), Life Attunement will double your life gained. Even simple spells like Orison of Healing now heal for 200 damage with both (even with minimum level protection prayers):

5*4=20 (life from Aura of Restoration)
80 (life from Orison of Healing)
20+80=100 (normal amount gained)
100*2.17=217 life gained with the enchantment

Getting an extra 117 life every Orison of Healing sounds pretty good to me. This skill also effectively removes the need for Aura of Restoration on Elementalists.

While Life Attunement is not as good as a team skill (well, unless you use Infuse Health, but I'm not about to give up 230 of my own health and 10 energy just to heal my buddy for up to 300... not to mention a skill slot), because the Life Attunement only helps one person, and that person can't be a Warrior.

Still, as a solo spell, nothing can compare. For 1 energy per second, you more than double your healing with no skill points used at all. Multiply by 2.5 if you level up Protection Prayers at all.

Tsume
23-11-2004, 00:27
By solo, I believe you mean playing by yourself and not meaning a single spell. This spell doesnt specifically mention physical damage as other spells do. It uses damage as a general term. You would need to ensure that it only means physical damage, else it wouldnt be as effective.

SojakFA
23-11-2004, 01:34
By solo, I believe you mean playing by yourself and not meaning a single spell. This spell doesnt specifically mention physical damage as other spells do. It uses damage as a general term. You would need to ensure that it only means physical damage, else it wouldnt be as effective.
Yea, that would be my beef. And even if its only physical damage, that kinda leaves W/Mo's at a loss. Doesn't say how much power they loose. They could heal better, but they might not be able to dish out enough damage to kill a boss.

Forbiddian
23-11-2004, 20:41
Yea, that would be my beef. And even if its only physical damage, that kinda leaves W/Mo's at a loss. Doesn't say how much power they loose. They could heal better, but they might not be able to dish out enough damage to kill a boss.

Still, I'd give up 5 even 10 damage per hit to double my healing (maybe not that AND have to pay an energy).

Combat damage means physical damage, usually. The game's kinda sorta based on Magic: The Gathering.

Anyway, my real question was if it doubles your healing or not.

If you're a Mesmer/Monk (or Monk/Mesmer) who realizes the benefits of being able to stand out there and take hundreds of points of damage and then be able to heal and shoot right back with heavy disruption, it's a very effective skill.

If it increases the life healed *BY* 100+%, it's gold. If it increases it *TO* 100+%, it's not even worth the one mana.

Anyway, good points about decreasing all damage. Regardless of doubling life healed, I'd rather have my Elementalist's Phoenix or Fire Storm deal 20-30% more damage than spend an energy a second to only double my healing.

Still, (bunch of if's coming): if it only affects physical damage and actually doubles the healing, it becomes a very effective spell to help Elementalist/X run solos (again, just buy a superior charm necklace and just relearn the skill every 24 hours).

EDIT: To Alpha team: If any of you know how this works, I would appreciate you filling me in. Or if not I can just try it out during the next Beta weekend (it's not that far from now). *hands start shaking* soon...

Tsume
24-11-2004, 00:32
It seems basically a tanking spell, thats my interpretation anyhow. So if your main damage dealers are not the warriors, and your only using them as tanks...
OR
If you have no warriors and someone else, like a Necro is serving as a tank it could be useful, even neccesary to achieve ultimate victory.

If noone explains exactly what the spell means, and you do get a chance to try it out, do post about it. I'm interested.