PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays From the Order of Dii!

DOC
25-12-2004, 18:11
Or Merry Xmas, whichever one you want to say. :xmad:

Anyways, I hope everyone got what they wanted/needed. My brother is currently make a list of stuff I need to buy for my computer to upgrade it so it runs better, so that should be fun. Anyways, feel free to post your favorite gifts so far this season!

:xgift: :xtree: :xsnow:

UndeadBehlial
26-12-2004, 03:33
my iPod Mini is prolly my most wanted gift, but i got a new winter coat, an overcoat, flash/jump drive, LOTR:ROTK, gift certs, lots of cash, and clothes! I know i'm skipping some stuff, but I cant remember and you dont care about it anyway lol :xman:

HappyPants
26-12-2004, 05:18
I got to spend time with my family and siblings, some of which I hadn't seen for a very long time. I also had some very good food. Yes, I got presents too, but the only thing that I really wanted was a brand new computer and guildwars. The first would cost far to much and the second is not out yet. What would of been really cool was if they had opened the Guildwars servers for Christmas Eve, Christmas, and boxing day.

Xircon
26-12-2004, 08:55
I got to spend time with my family and siblings, some of which I hadn't seen for a very long time. I also had some very good food. Yes, I got presents too, but the only thing that I really wanted was a brand new computer and guildwars. The first would cost far to much and the second is not out yet. What would of been really cool was if they had opened the Guildwars servers for Christmas Eve, Christmas, and boxing day.

Yes, cheers to that. I am getting to spend Christmas with my new Wife so I am all good. Instead of getting a new computer for myself I bought one for my grandmother who is using I do belive an old 386 with (slap me for this) windows 95. She has been refusing to upgrade or buy another computer so several of us pitched in and got her a base model Dell. (Slap me again)

As for presents. Nothing good for Christmas but I got tickets to Disneyland for a wedding present and lots of picture frames which I will fill very quickly.

26-12-2004, 10:10
Merreh Christmas!

Although I enjoyed all the food more than the presents since I didn't really want anything special. I got money, clothes and the usual stuff :o

Beowulf
26-12-2004, 14:26
Happy holidays to all my guild mates and anyone who comes to visit this board.

As for Xmas my gf loved the ring I got her!!! I guess you could say it's a pre-engagement ring and next summer I will probably get a nice real engagement ring for her.

I got Xbox from her the crystal edition with Fable and another game she also got me Halo2 and some clothes. My dad game me a very nice 500$ in cash and 500$ in RRSPs which you might not know what they are unless you live in Canada....Registered Retirment Savings Plan. All and all a good one!!!

HeavÅngel
26-12-2004, 17:00
Seems that everyone's X-mas went well. Great to hear. My Family, had a great X-mas together. To many gifts to name. Just happy we were all together sharing our love as a family!

~Kazama Fury~
28-12-2004, 15:34
Happy holidays everyone.

I didnt get much this xmas, but i dont mind too much.

Hey doc, nice to see you put that tar back, go go the big 3!

*goes back to WoW*

UndeadBehlial
28-12-2004, 16:56
Happy holidays everyone.

I didnt get much this xmas, but i dont mind too much.

Hey doc, nice to see you put that tar back, go go the big 3!

*goes back to WoW*
looks more like the wee 3 from this view.... :D

EDIT: OMG 999!!! 1,000 here I come. Giveaway?

DOC
29-12-2004, 02:08
Kaz, I have so much wrath right now! Find me on aim please sir. I would pm you but I can't. :(

~Kazama Fury~
29-12-2004, 06:22
hmm lets see, your name isnt green anymore and the ETF is missing. :O
=/
ill try to remember to get on AIM. WoW is the most addicting game ever.

and undead, dont jinx it or xircon will never let you hit 1000!

29-12-2004, 10:17
I'm playing WoW too, and I can agree that it's the most addicting game ever :o which is one of the reasons I'll play GW instead.

~Kazama Fury~
29-12-2004, 14:59
I'm playing WoW too, and I can agree that it's the most addicting game ever :o which is one of the reasons I'll play GW instead.
oddly enough, i understand that statement. O_O
and i can actually relate to it. =/

if i had a subscription going on, i can kiss my life goodbye.

HeavÅngel
29-12-2004, 21:23
Hey Leaders, Are ya'll going to make a thread for sign ups and times for guide wars>? It might go over better. I think it would be an idea to think about. Then again, they might not show up. Just a thought! :innocent:

Yikes Doc....No beaver....It will take time to get use to ya not having the beaver!
There goes the blanky :hanky:

UndeadBehlial
29-12-2004, 21:33
uhh actually its a good idea just so people know Guild Wars are happening.

But is it yet time to close the holiday thread? hahaha

Beowulf
29-12-2004, 22:26
oddly enough, i understand that statement. O_O
and i can actually relate to it. =/

if i had a subscription going on, i can kiss my life goodbye.
I thought you were not going to play WoW? You didn't buy it did you? Or are you using someones 10 day pass.

Xircon
30-12-2004, 03:21
hmm lets see, your name isnt green anymore and the ETF is missing. :O
=/
ill try to remember to get on AIM. WoW is the most addicting game ever.

and undead, dont jinx it or xircon will never let you hit 1000!

I did not have anything to do with it.

Drake_Xtrice
30-12-2004, 03:40
Marry Christmas :xflash: :xbeard: (kinda late lol)

Well, my favorite gift might be all. I got some games for GameCube, but i liked spending time with my family.

DOC I liked you tar better as a beaver lol :)

Xircon
30-12-2004, 04:21
Marry Christmas :xflash: :xbeard: (kinda late lol)

Well, my favorite gift might be all. I got some games for GameCube, but i liked spending time with my family.

DOC I liked you tar better as a beaver lol :)

The Beaver will not be back until he is green again.

Beowulf
30-12-2004, 05:06
The Beaver will not be back until he is green again.
He is green and I do not see the beaver!!! :xx:

Xircon
30-12-2004, 05:12
He is green and I do not see the beaver!!! :xx:

I do not think he realizes it yet.

DOC
30-12-2004, 06:59
I am green but still broken. No beaver until I can shake my fist and actully have something to back it up with. :)

Beowulf
30-12-2004, 13:49
I am green but still broken. No beaver until I can shake my fist and actully have something to back it up with. :)
WIMP!! Try shaking your fist at me and see what happens!!!

~Kazama Fury~
30-12-2004, 14:57
i think this thread has officially become our very first OT thread!!!! :D

wait... thats not good.... right?

i see everyone is turning pal. wootles. it must be a revolution thing.

DOC wasnt green when i posted that, it had something to do with pal overriding mod status..... pwnt!

Tsume
30-12-2004, 20:24
*looks around

Well....I'm late as usual. Holidays have been really hectic for Tsume, great times though. Driving all over God's creation from party to party, and finally back home sitting on my butt passing the time playing 'A Bard's Tale' on my xbox. Its a basic RPG, but so verry verry funny. Great script and Voice overs, they are the whole reason I'm addicted to it. A hero that only cares about women, wine, songs, and silver. Thats my kinda hero. :wink2:

It was a good christmas, I got a few box sets, Family Guy and Seinfeld and some other standard things. I have to say one of the best gifts is this singing hamster with a mullet. He sings 'Don't Break My Heart' and does this little dancing jig....and he has a mullet. Classic. I also recieved one of those cheap knick knack crap gifts that I actually really kinda like. It's a digital camera thats smaller than a credit card. Granted its about 4 credit cards thick, but thats pretty small. It also functions as a PC camera, and ofcourse the pictures are not anything special, but they arent less than expected. And reading the user guide was a riot due to extremely bad Chinese to English translations. Ofcourse the real joy of Christmas is giving. Tsume was not the only person shopping early Christmas Eve Day (and attending a party later that night) but he did get everything done. Found some great jewelry on sale and bought it, only later to think maybe it wouldnt fit. But it did, and that worked out great.

Hope you all had a very wonderful Chirstmas or Holiday Celebration equivilent. The togetherness is the greatest part....well the food and togetherness. ;)

So Xircon when you heading off to Disneyland?

Clash
31-12-2004, 16:36
I'm late too...been really busy with holiday stuff & visiting relatives.

I got more RAM for my PC, a new video card (GeForce 6800GT OC), and I've been hooked on Vampire: Bloodlines ever since. I never thought biting rats could be so much fun!

Beowulf
31-12-2004, 18:15
i think this thread has officially become our very first OT thread!!!! :D

wait... thats not good.... right?

NOOOOOOO the horror!!!!! So what about for the new year who is doing what and what are your resolutions?

Xircon
31-12-2004, 21:30
I'm late too...been really busy with holiday stuff & visiting relatives.

I got more RAM for my PC, a new video card (GeForce 6800GT OC), and I've been hooked on Vampire: Bloodlines ever since. I never thought biting rats could be so much fun!

Tell me how the video card and game are. I have looked at both. Xarley was interested in the game but wanted to find a little about it before she bought it.

death
01-01-2005, 07:21
Happy New Year, crush the WoW players with our mighty guild in just over a month. And DOC, that list was what I wanted, but it could be used to improve yours too :) The Best gift I got was checks and the wireless keyboard and mouse from my brother.

Beowulf
01-01-2005, 13:29
Tell me how the video card and game are. I have looked at both. Xarley was interested in the game but wanted to find a little about it before she bought it.
Gah no ATI ATI only way to go is ATI remember those three letters ATI.

HeavÅngel
01-01-2005, 15:44
Counting the days for the next GW game! :drool:
Happy New Year ALL! Cheers!

Xircon
02-01-2005, 00:21
Gah no ATI ATI only way to go is ATI remember those three letters ATI.

Thats funny, weird how Nvidia beats ATI is most benchmark tests. Along with AMD over Intel in the gaming industry.

Drake_Xtrice
02-01-2005, 06:39
-----HAPPY NEW YEAR! :surprise:-----
:clap: _-^*^-_ITS 2005! _-^*^-_ :clap:

Happy Holidays too.

Tsume
02-01-2005, 08:30
Yes Happy New Year! A day late and a dolar short, but hey hey.

And the reasons above, stated by Xircon, is why I use the AMD + Nvidia combo. Though Xbox2 is switchin, been curious about why exactly. Production value wouldnt seem to be that different...though even a few sents, multiplied by millions could be a nice lil chunk of saved change.

Zero
02-01-2005, 13:37
Happy new year everyone. It's abit late but for some reason the forums don't want me logging on....finally managed to get on here just got to figure out why it won't let me on the Dii forum now :xrollseye
Anyway hope everyones had a great holiday and that you enjoy the beta weekend (its this weekend right?). Don't think i'll be joiing you, its a bit late and its new-pass-code for it lol ah well.
Have a good time :thumbsup:

Beowulf
02-01-2005, 14:03
Thats funny, weird how Nvidia beats ATI is most benchmark tests. Along with AMD over Intel in the gaming industry.
Well unless it was in the last 6 months I remeber reading an article in some gamming mag about 6 months ago about how the ATI cards are better then anything on the market at the time. Add to that they are a Canadian company and I am Canadian, I'll vote for them anytime!!!

Xircon
02-01-2005, 19:30
Well unless it was in the last 6 months I remeber reading an article in some gamming mag about 6 months ago about how the ATI cards are better then anything on the market at the time. Add to that they are a Canadian company and I am Canadian, I'll vote for them anytime!!!

Each card that comes out is better than anything before. Being Canadian is a good enough reason.

Xircon
02-01-2005, 19:32
Happy new year everyone. It's abit late but for some reason the forums don't want me logging on....finally managed to get on here just got to figure out why it won't let me on the Dii forum now :xrollseye
Anyway hope everyones had a great holiday and that you enjoy the beta weekend (its this weekend right?). Don't think i'll be joiing you, its a bit late and its new-pass-code for it lol ah well.
Have a good time :thumbsup:

I have pass codes so PM me if you want to join us.

Clash
04-01-2005, 00:08

Both are excellent. I can't get over how great Counter-Strike: Source looks with this card. And I was worried because all the HL2 ads said ATI cards were the "preferred" hardware for the game. Don't believe the hype. HL2 and Doom 3 both look & run great now.

Vampire: Bloodlines is awesome, and this was my first encounter with the whole "World of Darkness" setting. The combat controls are a little screwy, but once I got used to 'em things were fine. And I like how the different dialog skills (persuasion, intimidate, etc.) actually make a difference, as opposed to other games, where they're only useful once or twice over the course of the game. It's lots of fun playing as a Malkavian, just to see their whacked-out dialog and outfits. I intend to play through the game at least five more times so I can try out some of the other clans (I've already started four of them and still haven't won the game yet!). One thing though...this game definately isn't for kids. No real sex in it, but lots of suggestive stuff and lots of swearing. And oh yeah, just a little violence & blood...dismembered corpses, vomiting blood, severed heads, people exploding, y'know, the usual. This is the first game I've seen in a while that really deserved a "Mature" rating. Basically, if you liked the Fallout games, you'll probably like this one too.