PDA

View Full Version : Anime

Ricky McDay
30-12-2004, 18:54
I know i love Anime but what about my new Guild Wars friends??? List the ones you like best, your fav. character, why. or if you don't like anime tell use why. lol just talke about anime. i will go first, hope to make a friend or two ps see you online one more thing Thanks for reading the Thread!

Ricky's Top 10
1. Naruto - I like Naruto, he is like me a outcast just because he has a demon in side. but he has a dream and trys hard in the end and deep down he is happy even if you can't see it.
2. Spriggan - Come on! Action packed makes you want to go out and save the world lol
3. Dragon Ball Z/GT - I like Gotanks why ummm Just so COOL!
4. ROD (Read or Die) the OVA i have not seen the Episodes
5. Vandread - it is sweet on more then one level (if you look)
6. Outlaw Star - That caster gun is out of this world
7. Scryed - friend.....die......sad.....almost.....cry
8. X - truth don't know why?
9. Darkside Blues - the first one can never for get
10. the rest and the ones i have not seen yet lol

Dreamsmith
30-12-2004, 20:23
All time favorite series: Cowboy Bebop.

Close runner-up: Evangelion (the series, to the end, and don't bother with the horrid alternate ending/follow up movies).

Other notable series: Lain, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Gundam Wing.

For laughs: Slayers, Ranma 1/2, Dragonball (the original series is the best, they go downhill later when they start taking themselves too seriously, save for the great moments when they remember they were a parody at heart and skewer themselves).

Best character: Hot-Ice Hilda (who unfortunately dies off way too soon).

Funniest anime moment: That long moment of doubt when Bulma asks Goku why he has a tail and he responds, "Don't all boys have tails?"

Darc.Syde
30-12-2004, 20:37
meh, ive only seen some, like Kenshin, Berserk, DBZ some GT but dont have time to get into GT's story line, cowboy bebop, hmmm, and fullmetal.

edit

couple of anime that i left out like, outlaw star, trigun, inuysha, witch hunter robin, you can almost tell why i left those out...

LeftAlone-
30-12-2004, 21:11
1. Naruto - I like Naruto, he is like me a outcast just because he has a demon in side. but he has a dream and trys hard in the end and deep down he is happy even if you can't see it.

Awww <3

I have never red anime.... nor any other comics...
But now im interested in it quite a bit..havent got my hands on any yet thought...
Were doing comics on my art class, and many girls there read anime, and draw amazing anime styled comics... so i think im gonna read some soon ..

Dreamsmith
30-12-2004, 21:17
I have never red anime.... nor any other comics...
Technically, if it's a comic you're reading, it's called manga. Anime refers to television, movies, etc. I.e. animation.

There's a great deal of cross-over between the two, of course.

Mythwyn
30-12-2004, 21:31
I like most all Anime' I have favorite stiyles, and some I dislike, for example I am not a big fan of Peter Chung's style, [Ćon Flux, Matriculated(Animatrix), and Dark Fury(Chronicles of Riddick)] I like the stories, not the art.

My favorite all time include Jin Roh, Ghost in the Shell, Akira.

Tsume
31-12-2004, 09:37
Well the first Anime I ever watched (and liked) was Trigun. After that Bebop. Hellsing is pretty cool. One of my favs is gonna have to be the Crest/Banner of the Stars thing. You know its bad in some ways, still one of my faves though (the sappy love plot gets me). Theres a lot I didnt list, simply because they werent faves of mine. So we will just go with top 5, and end it off with Kenshin. Though Wolf's Rain which I just watched througn on Adult Swim is a darn good one too. Ok so we went with six. Peace.

Ricky McDay
31-12-2004, 17:55
All time favorite series: Cowboy Bebop.

Close runner-up: Evangelion (the series, to the end, and don't bother with the horrid alternate ending/follow up movies).

Other notable series: Lain, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Gundam Wing.

For laughs: Slayers, Ranma 1/2, Dragonball (the original series is the best, they go downhill later when they start taking themselves too seriously, save for the great moments when they remember they were a parody at heart and skewer themselves).

Best character: Hot-Ice Hilda (who unfortunately dies off way too soon).

Funniest anime moment: That long moment of doubt when Bulma asks Goku why he has a tail and he responds, "Don't all boys have tails?"

I need to see the Evangelion i am geting crap from my online friends about that lol-- I can't take it how Hot-Ice Hiilda dies i almost cry every time i wach outlaw star because of that. And dragon ball is great. sucks i wach it after i wach Z and some of GT so i know what was going to happen.

LeftAlone-
31-12-2004, 18:38
Technically, if it's a comic you're reading, it's called manga. Anime refers to television, movies, etc. I.e. animation.

There's a great deal of cross-over between the two, of course.

uuups.. thats what i ment.. >_<
*tryes not to look like an amateur*

Sean Wolfe
31-12-2004, 18:52
My favorite Anime is an older one called "Star Blazers".

If you want to see what this old one is all about you can do a google search to gt the official Star Blazers web page and check it out.

Ander Moonshadow
31-12-2004, 20:40
Princess Mononoke.

Ricky McDay
01-01-2005, 05:46
My favorite all time include Jin Roh, Ghost in the Shell, Akira.
why just asking or do you know? because there all a little bet different and the same. lol Ghost in the shell is so cool remember the part on the boat when she is swimming why do you think she went swimming?

Ricky McDay
01-01-2005, 05:47
Princess Mononoke.
is a great one damm good but ummm just one come one you have to have one more tell use lol

Ti-Ben
01-01-2005, 08:19
I've watched a few (it's small in comparison to some) since maybe 9 months. Maybe around 20 different series, old and new. My favorite as got to be Berserk, by a long shot. Nothing comes close to it. I thought it was awesome, and then I read every manga chapter 3 times. :thumbsup: My first anime was Neon Genesis in very bad quality. Should get the platinium dvd this summer though. This series is awesome, I remember watching the final episode at 4 AM and was like... what the hell just happened?! So that got me hooked on animes. Elfen Lied is tad lower then Berserk on my list. I love the gore! Also the drama is nice.... but the gore man the gore!!!

These days I don't watch many since the autumn season was kinda bad I think. I watch Naruto and School Rumble, all in Raw since I've read the mangas for both. May-Hime looked weird, so I watched a few until it all turned in chixes' underwear and bra color episodes. Samurai 7 ended last week which was sad, no more bi-monthly samurai goodness. Although Samurai Champloo is supposed to start again the next remaining episode in a couple of weeks, looking forward to that. And Xenosaga anime starts next week, I can't wait! I loved the game even I'm still not finished with it, I'm near the end though...

If I had to do a top 10, well here it is.

1. Berserk
2. Elfen Lied
3. School Rumble
4. Naruto
5. Ninin ga Shinobuden (2x2 Shinobuden)
6. Samurai 7
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Neon Genesis Evangelion
9. Love Hina
10. Mysterious Golden City (not sure about the title though)

Scoop
07-01-2005, 01:14
Ranking animes for me is hard, but my current favorites are: Naruto, Love Hina, Read or Die, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, Last Exile, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, InuYasha, and strangely Fruits Basket. FB is deep and I think it's what makes me enjoy it so much. That goes for the others too.

My current manga is Mahou Sensei Negima. I love Ken Akumatsu's work and I can't wait for this one to be made into an OAV. :D

Korusef
07-01-2005, 09:30
just few" Record of Lodoss War, X, El Hazard, Naruto, InuYasha,Slayers,Naushica

Lorelei
10-01-2005, 16:59
I like Tenchi and Vampire Hunter D.

I'm in the middle of watching Todd McFarlane's Spawn at the moment. :)

Then again, so far, those are the only anime type stuff that I've actually seen. I never really thought I'd go for anime until a friend got me to try it out. I need to see some more. Akira and Darkside Blues are next on my list.

JiaYow
10-01-2005, 17:58
Hmm, hard question...in general i like hardly every Anime/Manga.
The ones i like most ... humm.... I'd say Ghost in the Shell, and Neon Genesis Evangelion, but this can change everyday^^

superflyfly
11-01-2005, 00:30
no one else with me on gundam seed or gs destiny?
crono crusade and love hina were good as well (the manga for love hina is a lot better)

SojakFA
11-01-2005, 04:11
Akira, Spriggan, RoboTech: Macross Saga, Cowboy Bebop, YuYu Hakusho. I really hate how Peter Chung draws, though I own Dark Fury because I am a Riddick fan :)

REI ONRYOU
11-01-2005, 16:11
My favourite series is Gundam Wing. I found that most people that watched it couldn't take the storyline, but I found it really amazing and complex with all the political and philisophical ideas that it covers. It really got me thinking. Plus the Gundams are really cool. I hear a lot that the other Gundam series are a lot better (a good thing), but I don't think any are on TV in the UK. I'm curious though about if the storylines are better due to more complexity or more about the characters, as the story was more important to me than character development. Then there was the GW movie (I got it at x-mas ^_^). The animation is so much better in the movie and it's a great way to finish the show (anyone else get a really sad sinking feeling when they see the last episode of an Animé they really like?).

I used to be a huge fan of Dragonball Z, then I saw GT and felt like being sick. It put me off watching the original Dragonball. That and the the dubbing voices were terrible (personal opinion). I got so into it that I knew absolutely everything. Learnt a bit of Japanese from it too, and have about 4 of the graphic novels. I ended up helping some guys make an online game for it (although it never got far off the ground). It's even contributed to the deciding of my character name (it's Japanese don't you know).

I haven't seen that many Animés, but would like to see more. Too bad it's not easy to find them on TV in the UK.

Larin Skyarrow
13-01-2005, 05:54
Anime is good
Manga is good
Hentai is better :)
Gotta love those 18+ ratings...

Excel
14-01-2005, 10:49
Well the only anime serie I have watched all episodes of is Neon Genesis Evangelion and I liked very much the theme is great :)

SojakFA
14-01-2005, 13:39
Anime is good
Manga is good
Hentai is better :)
Gotta love those 18+ ratings...
And real life is even better :xrollseye:

Lady_Alenuska
14-01-2005, 14:31
Animes I've seen and enjoyed just off the top of my head

1 Macross plus
2 Lain
3 Vampire hunter D
4 galaxy express 999
5 Love hina (funny both series are great)
6 Jin Roh
7 Record of lodoss war's (hated the lodoss war series with spark was to kiddy)
8 Necronomicon (hentai started off good ended poorly)
9 Ninja scrolls
10 Spirited away
11 Gotcha men
12 star blazers
13 Shines men (which is a parody of power rangers being about business men /women)
14 Deamon city
15 hellsing
theres more just cant recall all there names and in no way is that listining my favorite to least favorite

Larin Skyarrow
15-01-2005, 04:00
And real life is even better :xrollseye:

Hahaha... yeah it is alot better :)

Anime - Trigun/Love Hina.. Robotech... does La Blue Girl count? :)

Quettaser
15-01-2005, 18:59
I have a holy trinity of Anime series: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Neon Genesis Evangelion

And then they're closely followed by a bunch of others, which I shouldn't get into, because I won't be able to stop. And as for movies (and loving art), Miyazaki is a god, and anything that Yo****aka Amano breathes on is worth its weight in gold.

Soiled Egg Roll
16-01-2005, 04:29
Here's my 10 favorite anime, in no particular order.
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist
RahXephon - I don't think anyone's mentioned this, and it was my favorite for many months
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
Love Hina
Princess Mononoke
Trigun
Yuyu Hakosho

Rithien
16-01-2005, 05:59
Yay! an anime topic!

My favourite anime films-
Spirited Away
Whisper of The Heart
Princess Mononoke
(everything else by Studio Ghibli)
Jin-Roh
Perfect Blue
Ghost In the Shell(the first one)
Akira
Metropolis
Blood the Last Vampire
Millenium Actress
Memories
Wonderful Days(korean)
Blue Submarine #6

anime series-
Cowboy Bebop!
Record of Lodoss War(both)
Berserk
Naruto
Love Hina
Hack Sign
Outlaw Star

Offren
21-01-2005, 05:37
hehe.. if your schizophreinic watch FLCL.. totaly random and Helarious..

Oh yeah, best anime of all time. Great teacher Onizuka. period.

Malverik
21-01-2005, 14:10
I really liked Princess Mononoke, Akira, and the Escaflowne movie. For mangas, im a big fan of Gunnm (I think it's called Battle Angel Alita in the US..)

Thul Rasha
27-01-2005, 22:38
Yes, Battle Angel Alita is nice, although I expected a bit more from the anime movie after reading some about the manga. It's all a bit pushed together with not enough scene transfers. But especially the idea behind it all is great. (Cyborg girl http://www.rpgforums.net/images/smilies/surprise.gif )

I liked Dragon Ball without the Z the best, the one where Goku is a little boy and seeks out master Roshi so he can train him. The tournaments are also good.
Dragon Ball Z suffered heavely under the superman syndrome and especially in the Frieza Saga where they spend 5 full episodes on a 5 minute fight, that was just boring and it was there that the series jumped the shark for me.

ShadowmageIX
27-01-2005, 22:53
heh, I actually work in Fansubbing for shinsen-subs...

s4nder
30-01-2005, 21:44
I'm hooked on Naruto, too. When I started watching it in the summer it was even worse than my gaming addiction!!! Well, all I can say is just watch it, it's great. It's better than the Hollywood movies. Nothing beats downloading a 10-pack of episodes and enjoying 3 hours of pure entertainment accompanied by lots of pizza.

5zigen
31-01-2005, 19:18
heh, I actually work in Fansubbing for shinsen-subs...

Nice man. I picked up one or two of their subs once everyone else dropped FMA around the last 3 episodes.

I'm not a big fan of the kiddish animes so much.

Best anime hands down has to be Last EXILE. Everything in it is a work of art.

Other great shows:

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Bleach
Gankutsuou
Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Kinos Travels
Full Metal Alchemist
Azumanga Daioh
FLCL (Furi Kuri)
Macross Zero
Monster
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Midori no Hibi

Movies:
Mononoke Hime
Akira
Millenium Actress

P.S. Ti-Ben. This season is great for anime. Bleach and Gankutsuou are the best things to come out in a while, Monster is still going and its really good as well. You might even check out Sokoyu no Fafner... It was pretty good and just finished up.

Vulcanis
31-01-2005, 21:23
I've just found anime. I really like Fullmetal Alchemist, and Akira was great. But I'm finding I like cyberpunk series way more than the rest, and cyberpunk in general. My ABSOLUTE favorite is Ghost in the Shell. Does anyone else know of any good cyberpunk stuff, anime, manga, or in general. And not The Matrix, cuz that's what started this off and I own the collecters box set.

I'm so afraid of Naruto, it seems like it's more addictive than chocolate coated crack.

5zigen
31-01-2005, 21:58
Vulcanis, check out Serial Experiment: lain. It's somewhat hard to describe but it blows the matrix away philosophically IMO. I think its safe to say the matrix borrowed alot from lain.

Anyhow check it out.

GADefence
31-01-2005, 22:53
My two most recent animes, and probably two of the best ever created are Record Of Lodoss War (as a series) and Memories (the same guy that drew Akira).

Malverik
31-01-2005, 23:39
has anyone seen Blood: The Last Vampire ?
what's the deal with that, is that the full movie or just an episode?

Ander Moonshadow
09-02-2005, 01:06
I can't believe no one's mentioned Kiki's Delivery Service
At least someone said Miyazaki is a god. The man is the Ridley Scott of anime movies. Supercult status. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Nausicaä, Whisper of the Heart, Dog of Flanders. Any director with this on his resumé is worth a couple of diamond statues. Not to mention his animation work on movies he didn't Direct

I loved Records of the Lodoss War as well. It's so Baldur's Gate. Deedlit and that Berserker guy are so ill. They had these annoying little pokemon-type custscenes though, did you have those? omg I hated that. Gundam Wing is pretty good, but it's a little too Final Fantasy for my taste.

Escaflowne is great though.

I got my girlfriend Dog of Flanders for her birthday. That was a bad thing, because now I'm going to have to top that marvel next year. She absolutely adored it.

Soup Erman
09-02-2005, 03:17
In no particualr order:

Cowboy Bebop
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Hellsing
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell II: Innocence
Akira
FLCL
Last Exile
Love Hina
Spirited Away
Metropolis
Animatrix
Full Metal Panic

I have heard great things about Princess Mononoke, Naruto and Wolf's Rain, so they are on my to watch list.

SlayerXtreme
24-02-2005, 07:05
im all about Zoids: chaotic century
or some DBZ, kenshin, cowboy bebop of course, trigun, yu yu hakusho.
as of late ive kinda lost my interest tho.. dont really know why. just dont really care about some of the anime's coming to america.

Lord Gargoyle
25-02-2005, 01:05
I'm hooked on Naruto, too. When I started watching it in the summer it was even worse than my gaming addiction!!! Well, all I can say is just watch it, it's great. It's better than the Hollywood movies. Nothing beats downloading a 10-pack of episodes and enjoying 3 hours of pure entertainment accompanied by lots of pizza.

i know your pain. :lol: too bad its incomplete yet. if you like naruto watch "hunter x hunter". its also incomplete :( but damn good.

lostchyld
25-02-2005, 05:23
The only anime I like is Grave of the Fireflies, but only with Japanese dialog and English subtitles. I'm the type that runs subtitles anyways, so I might as well hear what the chars are really saying. I liked Grave of the Fireflies because they left out the absurd facial expressions that I've come to associate with anime in general, plus it's about a very interesting period in history.

The Anime television series mostly just get on my nerves. I don't exactly know why that is. Well, kind of I do. It's has to do with a combination of Adult Swim, a late night set of 'adult programming', mosly consisting of anime and Family Guy, and massive, repeated exposure to the ending theme for Cowboy Bebop. I believe the song is called 'The Real Folk Blues'. Well, and the fact that I'm STILL trying to figure out Inuyasha, which might have a mildly interesting storyline if they'd air more than three episodes and if said episodes were aired in order.

Other reasons I dislike most anime. Pokemon, Digimon, and all other similar works. The fact that I was essentially tied down and forced to watch the Vampire Hunter D movies. With no recovery time between them. The inability of the television stations to air series episodes in any coherent order. Honestly, the storylines are complex enough that you kind of have to see the whole series from beginning to end. After the trauma of viewing episodes of Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop in random orders, I was yet again tied down and forced to watch random episodes of Trigun. These might have been in order. I'm not sure, I was across the room, someone stole my glasses, and the episodes were in Japanese. Finally, every last one of my RL friends has taken to watching AMV's. Despite the fact that they know I hate music videos and have a dislike for anime in general, people STILL persist in showing me these videos. I can't even blame the anime itself for my not liking it, I have to blame the people who make me watch it.

Anyways, Grave of the Fireflies is definately the best. It deserves to be mentioned here, so I had to do it. Hope you'll forgive the rant.

SonOfRah
25-02-2005, 16:19
All time favorite is Ah! My goddess. So glad the guys are returning to the series for a remake, and its turning out pretty well.

Other favorites: Crest/Banner of Stars, Full metal Alchemist, Full metal Panic, 3x3 Eyes, Rah Xephon, Last Exile - plus a bunch more. Naruto is also a good mention.

Fav movies has got to be Princess mononoke (finnaly released in Australia yay!!), Akira, Ghost in the shell 1&2. Recently watched Appleseed (new movie) and that turned out pretty well. Alot of it was computer generated and it kinda shows. Ended up pretty good tho.

I ussually watch my anime in Japanese, with the exception of a couple of series in which I occasionally listed to them dubbed since they turned out pretty good.

Best dubbing I've heard: Ah! My Goddess and Princess Mononoke.
Worst dubbing I've heard: Full Metal Panic, Noir

Ghibli studio stuff (princess mononoke, kiki's delivery service etc) are a definate good choice for watching.

Lord Gargoyle
26-02-2005, 18:57
The only anime I like is Grave of the Fireflies, but only with Japanese dialog and English subtitles. I'm the type that runs subtitles anyways, so I might as well hear what the chars are really saying. I liked Grave of the Fireflies because they left out the absurd facial expressions that I've come to associate with anime in general, plus it's about a very interesting period in history.

Anyways, Grave of the Fireflies is definately the best. It deserves to be mentioned here, so I had to do it. Hope you'll forgive the rant.

you can safely view the first third of inu yasha in random order. later in the series the story thickens and you must pay attention. you can even skip a good part of the beginning and still get5 the whole stoty. it is a very good anime, though.
oy, vampire hunter is a good film. :D

Dijin
26-02-2005, 22:57
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist
Wolf's Rain

:o

BP-HaWK90
01-03-2005, 02:30
I like Anime Porn. Does that count? lol

I'm not really into the whole anime thing. I mean I like it, but I'd rather play a game like Lunar or Star Ocean.

ankara
02-03-2005, 05:44
lol, hentai, hahaha j/k ... or am I? ;)

Naruto is my fav. no contest. Nande? It's just so cool! My fav char from it is Rock Lee! I feel I can relate to him most in that I am hard working too. And he kicks ***! Go Fuzzy Eyebrows!

Van Tomiko
02-03-2005, 12:27
Macross Zero. Do anyone here ever watch macross zero b4. I was amaze with the real like battle scene. Never seen battle like that in any anime b4.

X U
03-03-2005, 06:54
Maybe it's because I started watching anime before most of you were born (and I'm only 28), but I'm starting to feel like a snob. The majority of you have horrible taste, and anyone who listed DBZ needs an appendage removed. Here's the first poster who I thought had any clue:

I have a holy trinity of Anime series: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Neon Genesis Evangelion

And then they're closely followed by a bunch of others, which I shouldn't get into, because I won't be able to stop. And as for movies (and loving art), Miyazaki is a god, and anything that Yo****aka Amano breathes on is worth its weight in gold.

Hey, throw in Masamune Shirow for good measure. Oh, a couple of snobs discussing the people who make anime? Yeah? :) Then pay attention, n00bs. (I'm really trying to be playfull here... except on the appendage removal bit.)

Miyazaki's movies were all picked up by Disney for being so good (which is why you can even see Kiki's Delivery Service on the Disney channel now). If you've ever praised anything in Final Fantasy then you were marvelling at Amano's work (who also did Vampire Hunter D; almost silly now, but a hallmark when it was released). Masamune Shirow did Ghost in the Shell, and his work had a profound influence on The Matrix, as well as the current invisibility technology being developed in Japan. See References:

http://projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/oc.html

I got into anime when I was about 14, and out again by the time I was 19. I think Urotsukidoji* had too many penis monsters or something. Me and some friends had a little party and watched F3** as a final goodbye to our weekly rentals when we couldn't find anything worth seeing anymore. Nothing was as good as Fist of the North Star, or Streetfighter (the best animation there was to that point), or Amano, of course, so we gave up. Anyway, I could go on forever, so a couple minor points:

--Evangelion is the greatest anime series ever. Hands down. It's the only anime that ever made me cry, and did so within the first minute of the second movie (the first "movie" is really just a collection of parts from the series). The movie deals with philosophy, sophists, meta-phisics, etc., and is deeper than most fan-boys will understand without reading a few books about it. Strangely enough, the two main underage female characters are also the most used porn characters in Japan. Watch the series, discuss it with some friends, then watch the second movie "The End of Evangelion". Skip the first movie (it's only for people who didn't watch the series, but isn't nearly as good as the series itself).

--For some reason Ghost in the Shell turns women on. I rented the movie 5 times before I ever got to watch it, and that 5th time I rented it alone. For the first 4 times I didn't rent it alone, but didn't finish watching it. *wink wink* *nudge nudge*.

Xu

*Urotsukidoji starts out with a bunch of demons raping some women before they tear them to pieces and eat them. At one point a schoolboy chops off his member and replaces it with a demon one in order to get chicks. I won't even tell you how the world gets destroyed in it (and then of course there was a series made too). It is considered an all-time cult classic.

**F3 stands for Frantic, Frustrated, and Female. The plot is that a girl can't "finish", so she tries all sorts of things to learn how. In the end her mom helps her. I think there were 3 sequals.

For another point of interest, check out the preview to Keanu Reeves' new movie. Anime fans will love it: http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/ascannerdarkly.html

5zigen
04-03-2005, 06:48
Gankutsuou has recently reached a pinnacle of anime. It might be to, erm, mature for younger audiences, but it has to be one of the best anime series I have ever seen. It is loosely based off of The Count of Monte Cristo, and it is seriously, one of the best animes I have seen in my life. Heartbreakingly good.

For real. Anyone else watching it?

Monster is another one that just gets better and better as well. I am sad the series gets no attention.