PDA

View Full Version : Get to Know Each Other

Ricky McDay
30-12-2004, 20:23
I don't know about you but I am online a lot, maybe 75% of the time. From MMOLG and chat forums to checking e-mail and how much money i have in the bank. So i am just asking to get to know you guys you don't have to say to much but if we are going to be playing and chating with each other we should know a little about each other, ask question, if you need some help form girls to how to tie a tie you can come here. First question i got what was the first game you played? and the frist MMOLG too?

Mystic Arrow
30-12-2004, 21:35
I don't know about you but I am online a lot, maybe 75% of the time. From MMOLG and chat forums to checking e-mail and how much money i have in the bank. So i am just asking to get to know you guys you don't have to say to much but if we are going to be playing and chating with each other we should know a little about each other, ask question, if you need some help form girls to how to tie a tie you can come here. First question i got what was the first game you played? and the frist MMOLG too?
First game> I think it was Age of Empires II, and MMOLG? no ides what kinda game that is.

Dreamsmith
30-12-2004, 21:52
Well, let's see. The first video game I ever played would have been Pong, connected to the black and white television that was relegated to "the kids room". First multiplayer online game would have been Scepter of Goth.

Tsume
31-12-2004, 09:40
I dont remember the first game I played. Probably Galaga or something like that. The NES games I remember playing were Bubble Bobble, Super C, and Guerrilla War. Played those a lot. Mario 3 of course was a great one. Duck Hunt. Used to shoot that dog all the time.....he allways annoyed me.

Sean Wolfe
31-12-2004, 18:46
Well, let's see. The first video game I ever played would have been Pong, connected to the black and white television that was relegated to "the kids room".

::Grins slightly as he remembers the 'good-old' days::

I think Pong was my 1st video game also but it was connected to the TV in the living room since my dad liked to play it as well. As far as first Online game I think it was 'Legends of Terris' (it's a text-based online RPG)

LeftAlone-
31-12-2004, 20:14
Uh uh...
First game I ever played was Age of Empires II.. loved it then, and still think its one of the best games of its kind <3
Then I have played WarCraft3, Diablo II LoD and the original, HalfLife, CounterStrike been playing for about 2 years now, Age of Mythology, Empire Earth...hmmm.. what else... cant remember...

´My name is Arthur. Im half Ukranian and half Cuban living in Finland.
I used to have a life 3 years ago, before I got comp for birthday present. Since then I have been spending most of my time infront this cursed screen. I have only a couple of friends, who I only meet in school... I hardly remember how a kiss feels. I know i need to go out, meet people and do something actually usefull...but i just cant manage to get my self off from this comp.

And... oh well....I dunno what else to tell..... if any1 has anything to say/ask .. go ahead... I like talking with people..... funny... I have such a hard time socializing with ppl in real life....

um104
31-12-2004, 21:00
aww.. cmon now, arthur, it cant be that bad. ur among friends here.
my name is Mark. im 13, jewish (MOSES IS MY HOMIE!!!), live in southern california, ahnuld swarzeneger in my gov., environmentalists crackpots rule the world, and i have a great sence of humor. i like comedy, chocoate, long walks on the beach, bla bla bla.
FPS's and RPG's of any kind are all me.
my first game..... mario on the super nintendo.
live life to the max.

Ricky McDay
01-01-2005, 05:34
Uh uh...

´My name is Arthur. I hardly remember how a kiss feels. I know i need to go out, meet people and do something actually usefull...but i just cant manage to get my self off from this comp.

And... oh well....I dunno what else to tell..... if any1 has anything to say/ask .. go ahead... I like talking with people..... funny... I have such a hard time socializing with ppl in real life....
lol i know all about that not haveing friends and the ones i do have are not realy my friends but ummm school mates lol but my name is Ricky and the last kiss i got was umm from my mom lol nice to meet you and i got a question for you Arthur what would you do if you did go out? Something usefull what would that be?

Ricky McDay
01-01-2005, 05:35
live life to the max.
What is the max i just say live life to live you know why burn it out?

Ricky McDay
01-01-2005, 05:37
First thing HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
next what was your new years thing that you said that you were going to do but two weeks in you forget or break lol??

LeftAlone-
01-01-2005, 11:35
i got a question for you Arthur what would you do if you did go out? Something usefull what would that be?

Mmmm... good question..

Well usefull could be anything else than just sitting infront this screen.
I guess just being out with friends outside, playing some sports games maybe, or just talking and enjoying being outside.
Getting a hobby could be good... I used to practise TaeKwonDo and Karate, but i quit em both cuz got bored.

I dont really know whats usefull...
Sitting infront comp aint bad neither.. its actually a nice thing, but you should be able to control your self and not sit infront the comp most of ur life.

And im also not that very party person like..... if i will go out with my mates, it would be probably just walking somewhere, talking about something... some games maybe... I still love tag even that im nearly 17..^_^

Also if i would get out more often, or just talk with more ppl than i do now, it shouldnt be that hard to find love neither..

hmmm.

Ricky McDay
01-01-2005, 20:53
Mmmm... good question..

I

And im also not that very party person like..... if i will go out with my mates, it would be probably just walking somewhere, talking about something... some games maybe... I still love tag even that im nearly 17..^_^

Also if i would get out more often, or just talk with more ppl than i do now, it shouldnt be that hard to find love neither..

hmmm.

The way i see it people tell you to grow up right but why? I play tag and i am 19 lol love that damn game. Do what you think is fun i say and what is right if it feels right and right now playing games and this comp is what feels right. Soon you will have to get a job and go to big kids school lol there you will meet people. as for love lol ummm your on your own but just remember you can't pick who it is so how do you know were to look?

Zypher Wynn
02-01-2005, 07:57
First question i got what was the first game you played? and the frist MMOLG too?
I am assuming you mean video game. I too was a Pong player. I still remember the stactic stickers for the television screen you could use to give it a "background" that made it "look" more like table tennis. Which of course it never did.
My first MMOG, I guess was StarFleet Command. Granted it is not considered a MMOG but I ran a server for a while with a friend of mine for it and the three follow up titles which hosted about 200 players so it gave me a taste of what a MMOG on a greater scale would be like(along with the headaches the server admins have to deal with from disgruntaled players to server bugs). It lead to other MMOGs such as DAOC which I was a beta tested along with every expansion for 3 years and many other MMOGs.

Vexion
04-01-2005, 01:45
My first game was Jumping Flash on the original Playstation. I still have the game, but haven't opened the case in... wow, 10 years lol. My first game on the computer was the first Dark Forces. I remember having to boot up in DOS just to run the game on my old IBM PC. Good game though, lots of fond memories...

Ricky McDay
04-01-2005, 16:48
I too was a Pong player. I still remember the stactic stickers for the television screen you could use to give it a "background" that made it "look" more like table tennis. Which of course it never did.

LOL i remember that too. :D

Ricky McDay
04-01-2005, 16:52
My first game was Jumping Flash on the original Playstation.
wow Playstation. We have pong wich is like old and then playstation that is sweet. The first playstation game i played was FF VII. One of the best games ever. lol FYI love your PC crash lol good stuff LMAO

black_death6
05-01-2005, 16:08
the first game i remember playing was either Abuse or warcraft.

Fa'Rain Shad'a'lain
05-01-2005, 21:17
Names Robert and have been addicted to the comp for 8 years. First game I've played hmmm... was alien invasion on the atari 2600. I spend 85% to 90% of my home time on the comp surfing or playing online mmorpgs. I don't go out much anymore except for when I've got to pay bills, buy food, and new comp stuff. I don't got many real life friends just friends online which suits me just find cause I'm more of a hermit and don't require many friends to talk to. Thats about it I guess.

Shikaku
06-01-2005, 04:02
first of all am i the only one who sees black deaths attempt at using a red color tag failing miserably?

but me first game was prolly mario or something of the sort, and first online game is AOE2

im joe in missouri
i do tons of martial arts, and regular art - primarily drawing and calligraphy(japanese) i know english german and japanese, im a junior in high school, want to go marine sniper>MIT>CIA, i work out and such obviously, i thoroughly love movies and just about all music, im a more or less variation of shinto beliefs, im white...lol like german primarily i presume, i think my dad has a tiny bit of chilen in him or sommit, but otherwise german and english, im into girls, im 16, i have no licence still, but i drive gooder then most with one lol. im anti antidepression pills and drugs, except extacy(i dont take it, but in all clinical studies the drug itself hasnt caused any damages that breathing oxygen doesnt already do, its all human error and such), uhm i was pro kerry the last election...but im not really sided, i bloody well loved clinton though.

Ricky McDay
06-01-2005, 16:50
Names Robert and have been addicted to the comp for 8 years. First game I've played hmmm... was alien invasion on the atari 2600. I spend 85% to 90% of my home time on the comp surfing or playing online mmorpgs. I don't go out much anymore except for when I've got to pay bills, buy food, and new comp stuff. I don't got many real life friends just friends online which suits me just find cause I'm more of a hermit and don't require many friends to talk to. Thats about it I guess.
3 cheers for the hermit! lol sorry but i know lots of people like that *points to him self* but i have school so i go out more lol. I think we are stronger maybe stronger is not the right word but...... for haveing onling friends because you don't see then you have some words but we all type the same and yet we know them from the words that we read and can call them friends. That is why i put up this Thread to make friends and get people to know each other try to change the world maybe help it in my own *by makeing a army lol JK* by makeing people friends. Keep in tuch TTYL.

Ricky McDay
06-01-2005, 17:01
first of all am i the only one who sees black deaths attempt at using a red color tag failing miserably?

but me first game was prolly mario or something of the sort, and first online game is AOE2

im joe in missouri
i do tons of martial arts, and regular art - primarily drawing and calligraphy(japanese) i know english german and japanese, im a junior in high school, want to go marine sniper>MIT>CIA, i work out and such obviously, i thoroughly love movies and just about all music, im a more or less variation of shinto beliefs, im white...lol like german primarily i presume, i think my dad has a tiny bit of chilen in him or sommit, but otherwise german and english, im into girls, im 16, i have no licence still, but i drive gooder then most with one lol. im anti antidepression pills and drugs, except extacy(i dont take it, but in all clinical studies the drug itself hasnt caused any damages that breathing oxygen doesnt already do, its all human error and such), uhm i was pro kerry the last election...but im not really sided, i bloody well loved clinton though.

first we all love clinton lol nice to meet you Joe pills and drugs lol i remember my "Doc" trying to make me take them pills i don't even know what type of pills they were but i did not take they *funny if it was like cold pills lol* Sniper and CIA?

Ricky McDay
06-01-2005, 17:03
the first game i remember playing was either Abuse or warcraft.

lol sorry it did not turn red.

Quettaser
15-01-2005, 18:49
First off, great thread idea. Umm, let's see...I'm Rachel (that's right, a girl), I'm a sophmore in college (UVM), and a self-delcared uber-geek (I know far too much about far too many things, I can't help it, my brain is a sponge). I live with a bunch of awesome people in a special program called Anime as an Art Form (which basically means every week we watch anime), and we play games all the time. I also have some great friends from home (Philly, PA, USA). And I don't want to freak anyone out, but the majority of my friends are gamer girls. We really do exist, I swear.

I'm studying English, Philosophy, Procrastination, Humor, Anime, Nerdiosity, Movies and possibly video game design.

What else...? Oh! My first game was Metroid for the NES, and I haven't stopped since.

Also, I wanted to say that this is a great forum. I've been on a lot, and this is by far the most polite, intelligent and helpful forum I've ever been a part of. So, snaps for you all.

Larin Skyarrow
15-01-2005, 20:46
Indeed, good question ricky....!

well my name is dave.. 19 years old...im an odd one... first game i played had to be duck hunt... best game ever! ..followed up through genesis.. had an old packard bell computer that i destroyed... found a way to delete the C drive and still load windows 98 :) that must of been when i was 10... skip ahead... played all kinds of games.. though i get bored with pure rpg's.. i love alot of fps games... counter-strike for 5 years...(the hacker who doesnt hack).. played through a bunch of crappy mmorpg's.. swg... eq2.. yucky stuff.

im pretty much a hermit, but im a freshman in college (st. john's university SI campus).. so i get out more often than you think, have like 5-6 close friends... but other than that i get my fix messing with my computer.. playing a little ps2... and filling up my desk with empty dr. pepper cans haha.

LeftAlone- dude i know exactly how you feel.. cool heritage by the way... im half italian, half swedish... my mom is roman catholic, my dad lutheran... so i picked athiest haha.. and well they are divorced so.. yup.

im what you call a hopeless romantic... i dream alot so i love online games where you can be someone else... not that i dont like myself in r/l.. i do lol..

Quettaser- i knew some of you were hiding out somewhere... :)

Larin Skyarrow
15-01-2005, 20:50
guild wars rocks! i bow to thee devs!

Findariel
18-01-2005, 01:51
First game? Om PC that must have been Warcraft II! :)
First Massive Multiplayerthing? Anarchy OnLine I suppose ..

Malverik
21-01-2005, 04:03
hey! I don't look much at the off-topic forum but that's an interesting thread!

So I live in snowy Canada, the french part of it. I go to university, studying electrical engineering (yay math!).
First game i've ever played is probably Commander Keen! I've never been really into RPGs (never completed a Final Fantasy game ever) but GW really got me in its grasp and won't let go!
So far I've only been active in fps gaming comunities like for Enemy Territory, Rainbow Six, etc... and i gotta say that this community is really a refreshing change! People are surprizingly polite :P and there seems to be more artistic kkind of people playing rpgs where people playing fps seem to be more logical aand cynical (im _very_ cynical ;) )

Well, that's pretty much it!

Next!

MasterNightfall
21-01-2005, 06:45
Let's see...

I'm a World of Walkcraft reject, I'm poor, I can't work, I live with my parents...

Wait...

Oh, this isn't the Things That Shalt Happen If Thee Stealeth From The Cookie Jar. Pardon, moving right along now.

Tsume
21-01-2005, 07:27
What else...? Oh! My first game was Metroid for the NES, and I haven't stopped since.

You should talk to my guild buddy. His forum name is Metroid, if that tells you anything.

Master dont feel bad....your not the only one that stole a cookie form the cookie jar.

I live in the great country of Texas. I think I'm still classified as a freshmen :P though I have enough hours to be somewhere inbetween Sophmore and Junior.

Feramas
30-01-2005, 04:55
Oh god here goes.
My name is Robert, but plz call me Bob. I am 29 years old. I have been happily married for almost 10 years and have a 15 month old daughter (http://members.cox.net/feramas2/taryn4.jpg) with a baby boy on the way.

My first game I ever played was City Bomber on the comodore 64 (It was the **** back then :scratch: ).

The first online game I played was Diablo I right after it first came out.

I live in Oklahoma, USA and was in the Air Force for 4 years, stationed at Holloman AFb, New Mexico.

I start school either in March or August for Aviation Maitenance. That is a straight 18 month course with 100% attendance required by the FAA.

I guess thats it for now. :howdy:

TBMarauder
03-02-2005, 11:16
Well! Where do I begin? At the start, I 'spose!

LIFE:
Born in London (next to Tower Bridge) in the 60's, started work at Billingsgate Fish Mkt @ 15 (that stank!!), became Civil Servant (Govt. worker), but became dissillusioned. Now cannot work, due to severe back injury involved in non-fault RTA (still going thru claim nearly two years later). Waiting for third operation and hoping that I WILL work again!! :(

GAMING:
In the early days (when everything was in black & white - well that's what my Dad always told me!!), I used to fiddle about with a ZX80 /81 esp. after wrecking the Atari (I er ... opened it, to see what it did!!Honest, Dad!!). Then progressed onto the Commodore 64/128, then Amiga, before hitting the 386!!

Thinks .... Ahh! Bards Tale (1,2 & 3), Eye of The Beholder, Blade of Destiny, et al! :D

My first ever online experience was when I tried the multiplayer shooter 'Counter Strike'. I soon joined a clan (the 'London Bulldog Alliance'), which I found opened-up a whole new dimension to gaming. Soon after tho, things started getting a bit silly, what with wall-hacks, cheats and camping, and those determined enough, soon made playing the game a total waste of time.

I then joined a 'Vampire: The Masquerade' clan, which I found rather boring! And kinda anally-retentive to play!!

Finally, a game that I could REALLY get my teeth into came along: the 'Battlefield: 1942' Wake Island map Demo!! I loved it to bits!! I had a go on a few servers, before landing on the 'VS-UK' clans' server. After a few rounds, they asked me join them, so I did! I ended up being 2nd in command of the entire BF: 1942 side of the clan, also heading-up the 'Training' arm (over 70 members).

There were a few problems that arose in that clan though so, along with about a dozen other disgruntled members (and after me spending over a year with the 'VS-UK'), we left to form our own unit, originally callled 'The Bruvers', who then merged with another clan 'The Royal British Tigers', becoming 'Tiger Bruvers' or T|B, who are now a 'General Gaming Fraternity', and whom I am with at the moment.

Come, visit us @ www.tigerbruvers.com! We use 'Ventrilo' for voice comms at all times.

Seven members of my clan have 'Pre-Order'-ed and we have gained another four members, from meeting them in GW! :) We verily enjoy these BTW's and cannot wait till the game is finally released! - Huzzah! for ArenaNet!!

- The rest, as they say, is history!

As for RL, I am an (incapacitated) IT Support Engineer, with a large Norwegian company, have a wife, Debbie, and two young children, Mason (4 1/2) and Rianna-May (3 1/4). Oh! And Danny (he's our dog), which we saved from a Rescue Centre.

PC Specs: I have recently had this machine built (esp. for HL2 & GW)

nForce NEO Platinum Mobo
Athlon 64 3000+
1 GB PC 4000 RAM (in DUal-Mode)
Radeon X800 Pro 256 MB RAM

I thenk ewe,
/\/\.

P.S. Excellent idea this thread!! Keep it up!!