PDA

View Full Version : Guild Fights

Xircon
07-01-2005, 04:09
I was thinking it would be nice to do some, I mean a lot, of guild fights this weekend. So, how about a thread for them?

First, what do people need before they could fight? Armour? A level? what? List those needs here and maybe someone could help you get that done.

Next, when? How about some people lists some prelimiary times that we could fight? If there is a enough people, we do it, if not, we postpone it.

Since GW is a pacific time oriented, all times are PST.

How about Friday night at 9:00pm PST for the first fight? This would give us a few hours in the afternoon to get people armour and some needs met to fight.

UndeadBehlial
07-01-2005, 05:43
ha! PST! The world should just convert to EST. Are you talking about Guild vs Guild or Tombs as a guild? I'd be up for joining you guys in tomb fighting if you want, though its going to be really hard finding when people are on. Anyway, don't wear yourselves out this weekend, because I get back to the land of T1 line sunday evening around 5 EST, and i'll be looking for a solid few hours. We'll see how my dial up at home works, also i may just be making a new acct, we'll see.

Tsume
07-01-2005, 06:41
Well if the reset occurred, the only option will be premade characters for guild battles, as it will not be tangible for us to get 8 players to 20 with neccesary equipment/skills.

I am staying up tonight to see if the reset occurred, so later this evening I will post that information.

Also nice items are ideal but the fact is, the items dont ammount to a hill of beans compared to the skills behind them. I say this because even the nice rares I've found are not too far ahead in damage of some nice regular weapons that have spawned as well. Ofcourse they have mods and are better, but they certianly do not make or break a character or team.

The most important thing to consider is skills. Make sure your skills are selected wisely.

The second thing is related to skills directly: attribute levels. It would be idea to be level 16 or above for a Guild Battle. The Tombs and Arena are free for the player's discretion. But you get a good handle on the skills starting at mid character, and I think it would be best to be in the late teens. Ofcourse you can have the highest attribute levels in the world, and it does not ammount to anything if you poorly selected your skills.

My final suggestion is to balance armor when you craft. Giving yourself an entire set that gives you a huge advantage to one type of damage, and possibly negative damage to another type is not that wise. Get the best armor you can, but dont give yourself outstanding drops in armor levels toward certain types of damage in order to get a large bonus in another. Try to balance it.
Regarding weapons and such, casters are going to want + to energy items obviously. Don't worry much about damage, as your damage doesnt come primaryily from your weapon. If your skills are mellee based try to upgrade with hilts and such. Players are more worried about fire and air magic than they are about water and earth. This may be misguided, but for now it does reign true. This is something to think about when you upgrade your weapons if you do it for elemental damage....go with what is less protected against.

On a side note about armors...The +energy and +energy regen stats were the same on all armors for single professions in the previous events and if the armor sections are still up to date this is acruate now. I think this should be modified acording to armor levels, and such making there more of a benefit than just higher AL levels.

plottski
10-01-2005, 08:43
As Begging part of the guild warfare. What are the tactics and the ideas behind it. I was totally lost in what was suppose to happen. Btw TooL is ranked 26th for those you that was on last nite

Plottski

Tsume
11-01-2005, 00:21
26th eh? Nice, we managed to kill a few of them before our team was finally defeated (the first mass ressurection). After that mass ressurection it was hard to come back though.

As far as strategy we are still really working on that part, and its hard to get a good strategy really without knowing what kind of players are going to be invovled. You also have to take into account that some people dont feel comfortable playing certain roles, and at some points (like our match) there was not even enough interest to have a full team.

We did better than last weekend. I noticed we lasted a lot longer and put up quite a fight. There is one consistency though. We have allways played the defending roll. We need to try another route to see if we fair any better.

Xircon
11-01-2005, 00:38
26th eh? Nice, we managed to kill a few of them before our team was finally defeated (the first mass ressurection). After that mass ressurection it was hard to come back though.

As far as strategy we are still really working on that part, and its hard to get a good strategy really without knowing what kind of players are going to be invovled. You also have to take into account that some people dont feel comfortable playing certain roles, and at some points (like our match) there was not even enough interest to have a full team.

We did better than last weekend. I noticed we lasted a lot longer and put up quite a fight. There is one consistency though. We have allways played the defending roll. We need to try another route to see if we fair any better.

Last nights fight. Two of us had done a few of them. One person was first time playing GW, and had only played about 7 hours of the game by that time. A few more people it was there first guild fight. I think we did pretty good, That catapult at the begining realy hurt us and we could not avoif that.

I say, the next event we do lots of fights and we die a lot. I say we also find another guild that wants to explore the area and instead of fighting them we just run around and explore things. Get to know the area. I am sure this will hurt our rating but I bet it will get reset again. Should we take our chance on that?

Tsume
11-01-2005, 05:52
Last nights fight. Two of us had done a few of them. One person was first time playing GW, and had only played about 7 hours of the game by that time. A few more people it was there first guild fight. I think we did pretty good, That catapult at the begining realy hurt us and we could not avoif that.

I say, the next event we do lots of fights and we die a lot. I say we also find another guild that wants to explore the area and instead of fighting them we just run around and explore things. Get to know the area. I am sure this will hurt our rating but I bet it will get reset again. Should we take our chance on that?

I agree. It will hurt our rating but it will be reset again anyhow. We really need to learn there. I played tombs at the end and the tombs are quite fun but to tell you the truth, it did not feel much like a Guild Battle.

Regardig the map, you can go outside of the guild hall if you go to it, just walk right through the big wooden doors. I spent some time there trying to see if I recognized the area and if I am remembering correctly the area is similar but not exactly the same. Still the left side of the map with the watchtower seemed pretty identical to me, the right side of the map I was'nt quite sure about and ofcourse the opposing guild hall and all was removed.

If we can find a guild that would like to explore the area that would be great.

I really had fun in the Guild Battles we did this weekend despite the fact that we lost, and I think the members involved, myself included, did learn from it. We still have more learning to do ofcourse. :D

HappyPants
11-01-2005, 06:14
Was there Guild Battles, or just a Guild Battle?

I wish I would have been there. It is one of the aspects of the game I enjoy most. To bad I wasn't feeling that great on Sunday so I didn't play much. I take it that the Guild Battle areas has been made bigger?

plottski
11-01-2005, 10:39
I learned something for sure seige engines hurt much bad. I was stuck for close to 700 damage, X.X. I had lot of fun however in the battle, even thou i got a -60 dp in the match. I think that some tomb runs would be good to get us, in sync with each others habits i look forward to battles in the furture

Plottski