PDA

View Full Version : I know that...

Fallen_62
22-01-2005, 05:33
we have a big RPG crowd here, so I was wondering how many people actually made their own computer RPG? A friend of mine just sent me her game that she has been working on, and I really liked it. Its rather short, but it kept me entertained 15-20 mins (in didnt explore much, just went straight for the boss). Anyone wanna try the game, I can host it up if she lets me. I just wanna know if there is interest in the game first, before I put it on the ftp server.

Tsume
22-01-2005, 07:30
I'd actually like to try it out, if it isnt too much of a bother. Give me something to do inbetween my weekly 200 page readings, and papers due on it. Oh and the other classes too. :|

Kirellii
22-01-2005, 14:02
we have a big RPG crowd here, so I was wondering how many people actually made their own computer RPG? A friend of mine just sent me her game that she has been working on, and I really liked it. Its rather short, but it kept me entertained 15-20 mins (in didnt explore much, just went straight for the boss). Anyone wanna try the game, I can host it up if she lets me. I just wanna know if there is interest in the game first, before I put it on the ftp server.

You could try mine.

www.geocities.com/kirellii to download the graphical client.

~Kazama Fury~
22-01-2005, 15:04
There was a very well done text rpg made out of VB by a classmate called Darkness or something. I cant remember the exact name, been awhile.

Ill try to find it and host it.
I hope he wouldnt mind.

Fallen_62
22-01-2005, 16:10
You can find her game here (http://ryan.apathykid.com/untildawn.zip).

A word of warning, its 21 MB cuz it has the sound files, graphics and stuff in the folder with it. We had to put them in that folder otherwise the game doesnt work. I had to install a seperate program (the one she made the game with) to get it to work right (what I spent most of my night doing, actually).

If you have any questions, or it doesnt work, please let me know.

P.S. The enter is the action button, and the arrow keys are for you to move, and Esc. is the menu.

edit: Kirellii, I dont quite get your game, maybe you can explain it to me a bit better? :P

Malverik
22-01-2005, 17:43
I extracted the files but when i run Game.exe i get "RGSS-RTP Standart ??????????" and then the window closes.

What is that seperate program you installed?

Fallen_62
22-01-2005, 23:13
The Standard folder was encluded in the .zip file, so it should run. You need everthing that was in that zip file in the same folder as the game.exe to run.

Malverik
22-01-2005, 23:53
oh, i copied the content of the Standard folder in the root directory and i removed the referenced to Standard in Game.ini and it seems to work well now!

Heh, looks pretty nice!

Fallen_62
23-01-2005, 00:57
oh, i copied the content of the Standard folder in the root directory and i removed the referenced to Standard in Game.ini and it seems to work well now!

Heh, looks pretty nice!

Great Scott! Well, Great Malverik I guess ;) We were trying to figure out how to do it w/o the program, and thanks to you, we can :D

You can get the newest version from http://evilkitty.crimsonnox.com/dawn/Until%20Dawn.exe, and the ZIP from http://ryan.apathykid.com/untildawn.zip (you need this to run the game) There is a readme included in the .zip which you should read before you try and run the game, it will save you a lot of frustration.

Note: You only need to download the .zip file once, and I will post when she makes updates to the game, and i will give the link to the extractor again.

Malverik
23-01-2005, 02:18
cool, can't wait to try that iron spear :D

You could try mine.

www.geocities.com/kirellii to download the graphical client.

i tried to register but it says it is not accepting any new players :*(