PDA

View Full Version : Bulba's Guild Questing

Bulba
04-02-2005, 12:28
As it is now in GW, you either have to kill some people in battle or pay some gold. You then get a ring and after forking over some extra gold you're off creating your own guild. From there on anyone who wants to be in your guild basically only has to ask.

I plan on doing the same, only there's gonna be a catch: I want you to fulfill one or two quests for me. If you fail, you get booted.

Here are some quests I have in mind:
1. "Travel to X, find the mural (=painting on a wall) of Y and take a nice picture with you in front of it, make it a .jpg and mail it to me."
2. "Travel to X and slay the dragon, have someone take your picture in front of its rotten corpse, make it a .jpg and mail it to me."
3. "Complete quest Z and bring me proof."

I return, maybe I'll give you something nice like a powerful weapon or some materials and access to the guild if you weren't already in.

Does this seem like a reasonable system?

If so: got any other quests I could add? (Don't make'em too hard.)

Ash Fleetfoot
04-02-2005, 12:32

Bring me Prince Rurik's head on a platter...... MUHAHAHAHAHA

Dannzzigg
04-02-2005, 20:00
As it is now in GW, you either have to kill some people in battle or pay some gold. You then get a ring and after forking over some extra gold you're off creating your own guild. From there on anyone who wants to be in your guild basically only has to ask.

I plan on doing the same, only there's gonna be a catch: I want you to fulfill one or two quests for me. If you fail, you get booted.

Here are some quests I have in mind:
1. "Travel to X, find the mural (=painting on a wall) of Y and take a nice picture with you in front of it, make it a .jpg and mail it to me."
2. "Travel to X and slay the dragon, have someone take your picture in front of its rotten corpse, make it a .jpg and mail it to me."
3. "Complete quest Z and bring me proof."

I return, maybe I'll give you something nice like a powerful weapon or some materials and access to the guild if you weren't already in.

Does this seem like a reasonable system?

That seems like a neat idea, but what's the point? Making someone jump through hoops to join the guild?

Well, I guess it might weed out 'joiners' who were only joining for the sake of the cape on their backs, but other than that, I'm not sure I see where you are going with this.