PDA

View Full Version : Dii Chat Sessions

UndeadBehlial
04-02-2005, 22:25
So I feel that I should add this in here. If you guys want, I encourage you all to get AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) (www.aim.com). Last weekend (Jan 29th) me, Tsume, Orthallon, and Xircon all got in an AIM chat room, fired up TeamSpeak, and talked about GW, discussing builds we created and such. The next night, Drake, Angel, Lylanthwol, and Diab joined us (as well as various spouses). All in all it was a great time, guild bonding, et al. So if you're interested, I dont know how regularly this will occur, but the more the merrier. If you get IM and want people's names, i'll gladly forward them to you, (my screen name is Saxking22). Like I said when i'm not *drinking* i'll prolly be online at night, be it friday, saturday, or sunday, and i'm usually up to chat about GW. As far as I know ICQ, although allowing you to chat on AIM, will not let you in the chat rooms, so you need AIM.

Any questions, just PM me. Guild members only please.

HeavÅngel
05-02-2005, 01:47
So I feel that I should add this in here. If you guys want, I encourage you all to get AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) (www.aim.com). Last weekend (Jan 29th) me, Tsume, Orthallon, and Xircon all got in an AIM chat room, fired up TeamSpeak, and talked about GW, discussing builds we created and such. The next night, Drake, Angel, Lylanthwol, and Diab joined us (as well as various spouses). All in all it was a great time, guild bonding, et al. So if you're interested, I dont know how regularly this will occur, but the more the merrier. If you get IM and want people's names, i'll gladly forward them to you, (my screen name is Saxking22). Like I said when i'm not *drinking* i'll prolly be online at night, be it friday, saturday, or sunday, and i'm usually up to chat about GW. As far as I know ICQ, although allowing you to chat on AIM, will not let you in the chat rooms, so you need AIM.

Any questions, just PM me. Guild members only please.
Good idea Undead ^5.....We had fun, got to know each other a bit better...came up with different aim names for undead..Tsume almost lost his dinner over it <eg>
Learned more on different builts. SMART members on their builds I might add. :D
One thing though might want to ask them if they want their screen names forwarded though. Some don't like others knowing their screen names.

hmm when your not drinking ehh>? Throws undead in the snow!

Tsume
05-02-2005, 03:30
hmm when your not drinking ehh>? Throws undead in the snow!
*Wonders why Heav keeps assaulting us with Snow

Yes this is a great way for the guild to chat and debate upon matters as well as refine ourselves.

Heavily endorsed by Tsume!

plottski
05-02-2005, 04:22
Humm, Where this snow at? I'd like to play in some, since i havn't got to. :(

Anywho, I got AIM Plottski24 if anyone cares to add me

Plottski

Diab
05-02-2005, 04:33
Why don't we make an "official" chatroom where we can just check in periodically, to see if anyone is there? For example, "The Order of Dii".

By the way, in case you anyone didn't know, you can always create a chatroom without inviting someone else. Just add your own name to your buddylist and invite yourself. Name the chatroom as you want, or "The Order of Dii" in this case.

Tsume
05-02-2005, 06:56
AIM chatroom active right now, "The Order of Dii Chat"

If you dont know how to joint it just message Tsume theclaw and I'll add you.

Naliworld
05-02-2005, 09:08
Gah, annoying timezones! Is anyone online at odd hours, like in EST mid-late mornings on weekends?

Also, any possibillity of TS replacing AIM as the preferred general chat method? The quality I experienced was pretty bad, but perhaps it's better with Xircon's server?

HappyPants
05-02-2005, 09:12
I'm still up, but everyone else has left. Probably won't catch people to chat very often unless we do it in the afternoon instead of late night.

Metroid_01
05-02-2005, 10:05
im still here, just came a smidge late onto the chat thing.

personally i do not have team speak, and im not sure how many of us do...so i would not entirely replace good old fashioned (O.o) chat with teamspeak entirely. its great to be working with it now to make sure it works well.

HeavÅngel
05-02-2005, 17:52
AIM chatroom active right now, "The Order of Dii Chat"

If you dont know how to joint it just message Tsume theclaw and I'll add you.
Maybe a thread with the chat room>? Dang it I never knew we had our own chat room. Left out of that one too ugh. :confused:
Hmm would we want a member thats on the probation period in the chat>? What *if* someone is a mole>? ehhh

Diab
05-02-2005, 18:19
Not all of us have microphones, and it's a lot easier to understand each other via chat than with TS.

We'll just have everyone who comes in, to identify him/herself by their forum name. Although, if we are going to chat using AIM, we should make a list of people linking their forum accounts to screennames. So far, everyone except Undead are using some form of their forum name as their screenname, but we have few people participating in this right now.

tactstat
05-02-2005, 18:59
Alright someone send me a message, lets see if i remebered how to set up Trillian right.

SHould be to fallendivine02 (cause I can't remeber the password to 01 *Grin*

Tsume
05-02-2005, 20:51
Maybe a thread with the chat room>? Dang it I never knew we had our own chat room. Left out of that one too ugh. :confused:
Hmm would we want a member thats on the probation period in the chat>? What *if* someone is a mole>? ehhh

Thats an interesting point. Most of our chats arent all that senstive. And when sesnetive material is released it has been done over TeamSpeak.

Allowing new members into the chat room is a good way of letting them interact with the guild and develop their own input. I think its only right to let them in the chat.

Also....I really dont see us haveing to worry about moles.

Plus...we can be in multiple chats at the same time. If nothing else I will be holding a general chat open to all called "The Order of Dii Chat" every time I am on the internet. So anyone can join and leave at their leisure. I may not allways be there, but I'll try to make sure its up most of the time.

UndeadBehlial
05-02-2005, 21:21
yeah, i had the same "mole" concerns as heav at first, but A) we really dont talk about too much thats top secret, and B) everyone who enters the chat is charged with asking for proof of who people are if you dont know. All members, add your AIM name to this forum acct(in the User CP), that way we can just look up your profile if identity becomes an issue.

Muff
05-02-2005, 22:34
Well I'm under that category and I 'aint no mole. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to join the chat room...right after I find that pen and paper.

plottski
06-02-2005, 00:27
We can put a password on teamspeak so only people that are suppose to be in that channel are in that channel

Plottski

WolfRiders
06-02-2005, 18:47
Well I'm under that category and I 'aint no mole. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to join the chat room...right after I find that pen and paper.
She does have a good point and she was just saying what if. Your sarcasm to her is rude.

~Kazama Fury~
06-02-2005, 19:06
She does have a good point and she was just saying what if. Your sarcasm to her is rude.

chat room is up.

The Order of DII Chatroom

I dont know if its possible to directly join in there, so I suggest you either post here or PM me with your AIM account so I can add you and then invite you.

Its pretty empty now, but I just want to keep it always up, so we manage to keep it pseudo permanently up.

Kirsty
06-02-2005, 19:27
AIM and Trillian are very confusing. :p

Invite oneself into the channel seems to work for me.

Diab
06-02-2005, 19:34
"The Order of DII Chatroom" is empty right now.

Edit: Found it, it's a chatroom called "The Order of DII".

Kirsty
06-02-2005, 19:40
You guys need to set a standard

~Kazama Fury~
06-02-2005, 19:41
"The Order of DII Chatroom" is empty right now.

Edit: Found it, it's a chatroom called "The Order of DII".

yeah sorry about that guys, celine and i were testing out 2 things. using trillian and joining a chatroom without being invited or creating it.

works fine now! goodbye evil aim! welcome back trillian.
well the standard does seem to be aim, trillian covers it anyways... so.. uh.. yeah.

Naliworld
07-02-2005, 08:28
works fine now! goodbye evil aim! welcome back trillian.
well the standard does seem to be aim, trillian covers it anyways... so.. uh.. yeah.

Finally, another guy who's seen the light! Amen brother! Down with AIM!

>_>

<_<

So uhh, what's the agreed-upon chatroom name?

I'm for "Order of DII" for private chats, and if it becomes an issue, "Order of DII chatroom" for public use.

~Kazama Fury~
07-02-2005, 12:35
I SEE TEH LIGHTZZZZZ!!1111

its actually The Order of DII
you cant forget The, we have to emphasize the order!

yeah...

we had that chat on for pretty much the whole day! i wonder how long it stayed up after i went to bed.

we had a constant of 8 members there. (some were afk) but yeah... it was interesting.

Kirsty
07-02-2005, 12:57
Yeah well, I was there only until the end of the bowl. Not that is was all that exciting. :rolleyes:

~Kazama Fury~
07-02-2005, 20:04
i am going to decide to make our chatroom standard on its name.

it shall be called: "The Order of DII Chatroom"

whenever i get home, i will bring it up if it isnt up by then and leave it on till i go to bed.

have fun.

Minelle Tempest
07-02-2005, 23:00
i am going to decide to make our chatroom standard on its name.

it shall be called: "The Order of DII Chatroom"

whenever i get home, i will bring it up if it isnt up by then and leave it on till i go to bed.

have fun.

So, is this the appropriate place for me as a "wannabe"-member to go to in order for you to get to know me (and vice versa)?

Metroid_01
07-02-2005, 23:06
So, is this the appropriate place for me as a "wannabe"-member to go to in order for you to get to know me (and vice versa)?

Why not? It would be a great way for a new member like you to get to know us, and for us to know you...
on another note, i know how pathetic i am for saying it, but how would i go about finding this chatroom? :scratch:
well other than people spontaneously inviting me upon entering aim O.o;

Kirsty
07-02-2005, 23:19
Next to regular posting on the boards, a chatroom would be a good way to get to know other members.

on another note, i know how pathetic i am for saying it, but how would i go about finding this chatroom? :scratch:
well other than people spontaneously inviting me upon entering aim O.o;
Ah, I can answer that one.
1. Add yourself to your own buddy list.
2. Right-click your name and go to "invite to chatroom".
3. Everything in there is fine except the name of the chatroom
4. Delete that cell and enter "The Order of DII Chatroom".
5. Press acceptance and presto! You should see us... or not if noone is there.

Diab
08-02-2005, 01:35
We're in "The Order of Dii Chat" right now, since "Chatroom" got laggy.

1SG Bowie
08-02-2005, 07:42
I just attempted it and got it to work. It took a bit of time but, I managed to get it installed and, contacted UndeadBehlial on AIM for a try-out.

I have all the Computer, Typing and, Similar Skills of a Gemini Astronaut; so I guess it will work for anybody.

Thank You for the help. (For my next trick I will figure what I am doing wrong with Team-Speak.)

Good Night All.

Minelle Tempest
09-02-2005, 13:01
Just have to say, it's been fun chatting with you guys in the past couple of days. Sadly, I have to cut back on my active online time, due to an exam next Friday (the 18th). I have about a 1000 pages to read through and haven't quite begun yet, so, well...

I'll try to check in every other day or so, but my first priority will have to be my studies. (Hopefully this is a valid excuse for not being active on the forums and chats.) I will be online during the BWE, as that is mostly post-exam, so I hope to meet up with you there.

Well, that's all for now, and I'll return in a couple of days or so...

Cheers /Min

Mortshd
09-02-2005, 13:27
Nice chat with some of you last night. My first experience with messenger stuff. Yeah!

Kirsty
09-02-2005, 14:32
Minelle, I'm sure noone will hold that against you. Study comes first if you ask me. Good luck with the exam. Can I ask what it is about?

Minelle Tempest
09-02-2005, 15:53
Minelle, I'm sure noone will hold that against you. Study comes first if you ask me. Good luck with the exam. Can I ask what it is about?

Okidoki.. I'll try to make an appearance every now and then anyway :)

I have just begun studying arthistory, and this is my first exam in this subject. Thus the exam covers "The Ancient World" and then some (Prehistoric, Egyptian, Ancient Near Eastern, Greek, Roman, Early Christian and Byzantine art + a little more). So I've got my hands more than full... Oh well, I've brought it on myself...

Kirsty
09-02-2005, 17:47
Sounds like a lot of fun but so much to learn. I've always enjoyed Greek and Gaelic arts. I'm not much familiar with the rest though.

Tsume
11-02-2005, 08:21
Sounds like a lot of fun but so much to learn. I've always enjoyed Greek and Gaelic arts. I'm not much familiar with the rest though.

Art. Oh yes I know art. I remember once looking at Starry Night. And having to decipher what it meant and represented as an assignment. Friend (female) said it was the hand of god showing hope and protecting the city, bla bla.

My answer:

Space Invaders!

Xircon
14-02-2005, 02:32

Actually you saw it here just as everyone else did. In fact, I think you saw it here even before me.

HeavÅngel
16-02-2005, 07:58
ahhhhh nope not at that time. That post is from when>?
Do now after all this time has gone by though

Xircon
16-02-2005, 09:11
ahhhhh nope not at that time. That post is from when>?
Do now after all this time has gone by though

Angel, you had the second post in this thread. How could you have not known? Did you not read the first post of this thread? Maybe we are totaly misunderstanding you. But this chat room is the name we have been using when we all are on AIM. Just as the first post in this thread speaks of.

~Kazama Fury~
16-02-2005, 12:43
Heav, you found out about these chat sessions around the sametime that everyone else did. Heck I invited you into the chatroom everytime you came on, so you did find out about this at the sametime. You just might not have realized that we wanted to set an official chat? In that case, still... no conspiracy.

Also, read the second post you made again in this thread (found on the first page). http://forums.rpgforums.net/showpost.php?p=3198389&postcount=10
Ok, a few people found out about the chatroom before you, again this does not mean you werent in the loop. Technically, if you saw this thread RIGHT after undead posted, then you would be the very first to know about it. So this would be a conspiracy for everyone else who finds this thread AFTER you?

Heav, please realize this is just silly and non-sense.
I really have nothing against you (you know that), I support you whenever I can, but this is too much.

Mortshd
16-02-2005, 14:24
Once the game is released, I'm pretty sure that you can always get in touch with people in the game. The question is then: are we still going to have the chat session (designated may be at some specific time/day, timezone may be an issue, and call it team meeting) or just leave it open, i.e. people can just log in whenever and check if anyone is in the chatroom or not.

Skallagrimson
16-02-2005, 15:53
Alrighty then... I hooked up with trillian (AIM).

Skallagrimson0

Xircon
16-02-2005, 17:25
Once the game is released, I'm pretty sure that you can always get in touch with people in the game. The question is then: are we still going to have the chat session (designated may be at some specific time/day, timezone may be an issue, and call it team meeting) or just leave it open, i.e. people can just log in whenever and check if anyone is in the chatroom or not.

All the chat session originally started was that one evening Orthallon called me up and we started talking about builds. Then Tsume and Undead got online and we formed a chat room so we could all talk. Then I turned on TS and before we knew it there was 10 or so people on. It is not any regular time. It is not anything specific or whatever. It is jsut easier to have one window open and chat with a few people than to have 5,6 or even 10 open.

These are not guild meetings. These are not guild required things. They are not at any specific time. They are when ever 2 or more people are online and feel like chatting. If there is something that needs to be talked about as a guild, someone will create a thread in advance as I did the one time before. That was also just some discussion and thoughts I had. If there is ever going to be something that everyone of the guild should know about, such as a vote, it is going to happen in a forum where everyone can know about it.

Tsume
16-02-2005, 18:28
As far as Mort was talking, I kinda think that is natural progression. When the release rears its head, the chats will probably just about be discontinued except for official business and private conversations. A lot of the strategy/build talk might end up happening ingame. It wont allways be ingame, but thats a big part of the reason the Guild Hall exists, is to have a place of meeting and such. I think we are going to be playing the game with our free time, moreso then we will be gathering around and talking about it, as we do now.

And Heav I invite you to the chatrooms every time I'm in, you just havent been on aim the last 3 or 4 days and thats why we havent been able to have you in the chats. You did miss out on the first few, but I think youve been to the majority of em. Most the time its 3/4 off topic anyhow. Anytime your online I'll invite you so you dont have to worry about being left out.

Xircon
16-02-2005, 19:32
And Heav I invite you to the chatrooms every time I'm in, you just havent been on aim the last 3 or 4 days and thats why we havent been able to have you in the chats. You did miss out on the first few, but I think youve been to the majority of em. Most the time its 3/4 off topic anyhow. Anytime your online I'll invite you so you dont have to worry about being left out.

This is worded very poorly because the chat thing, as I said before, is not anything scheduled. It just happens to happen. It is nothing important. It is just talking about builds in general. Speaking of, the very first one of these we did Angel, your whole family was there. That was the night JJ's mic got stuck on and clasted all on TS. You were there because I finally asked if you were there and you replied yes and something about just listening to us talk about builds and such.

UndeadBehlial
16-02-2005, 20:03
When the release rears its head, the chats will probably just about be discontinued except for official business and private conversations. A lot of the strategy/build talk might end up happening ingame.

Ehh i disagree. I bet the chats will be toned down a lot, but tis much easier scrolling up and quoting things and searching online for skills when you dont have a game loaded and trying to switch in and out, making computer graphics have to revert a ton. Its something i'd still like to see.

Most the time its 3/4 off topic anyhow.
Yeah, thats true. People talk about everything-- including Diablo. I would like to see more than just random chatting and more of getting 10 people in the room and having them discuss a build (seeing as that was kinda the original purpose). Not that OT is bad.

Xircon
16-02-2005, 20:33
Yeah, thats true. People talk about everything-- including Diablo. I would like to see more than just random chatting and more of getting 10 people in the room and having them discuss a build (seeing as that was kinda the original purpose). Not that OT is bad.

They are mostly OT. I hardly even chat in them. I more of hang in there doing other stuff and as I want to chat, I pop on.

Metroid_01
16-02-2005, 22:58
i know im not the most massive important person when it comes to strategy yet, specially since ive seen so little....but, i have been REALLY busy this week...by friday things will settle back to the norm and it will be good over here.

and ya, most of the time when im in chat its ot..but i have seen some really good discussions. i think it was yesterday actually that one went on for a while about some fun necro/mo/xx team strategy. :lol:

Xircon
17-02-2005, 00:02
i know im not the most massive important person when it comes to strategy yet, specially since ive seen so little....but, i have been REALLY busy this week...by friday things will settle back to the norm and it will be good over here.

and ya, most of the time when im in chat its ot..but i have seen some really good discussions. i think it was yesterday actually that one went on for a while about some fun necro/mo/xx team strategy. :lol:

If you guys do stuff like that, that the notes from it and write it up into a guide then I will post it for all to see/read.

Tacico
17-02-2005, 02:07
i am sorry
buti really want to know if there's anyone other than me
that's using msn...
i have really gotten used to msn and i really am reluctant to download aim or yahoo messenger..
but if that's the only way to keep in touch with the guildies
i will download them.
going bck to work cya

take care y'all
peace

plottski
17-02-2005, 03:31
[
i use msn but we chat in aim because we can get a room, up its a lot easier that way

Tsume
17-02-2005, 03:38
i am sorry
that's using msn...
i have really gotten used to msn and i really am reluctant to download aim or yahoo messenger..
i will download them.
going bck to work cya

take care y'all
peace

You might want to go ahead and download AIM. I have MSN as well, but the majority of the guild uses AIM, though to be honest I much prefer MSN chatrooms.

EmoRuler
17-02-2005, 04:13
About those chats, whats the chatroom name and when exactly do you usually get together and chat (time wise..)?

Mortshd
17-02-2005, 14:40
i am sorry
that's using msn...
i will download them.
going bck to work cya

take care y'all
peace
Try trillian as Kirsty mentioned above. It can link AIM, ICQ, msn, etc...

Diab
24-02-2005, 18:51
About those chats, whats the chatroom name and when exactly do you usually get together and chat (time wise..)?

As said before in this thread, there is no specific time for these chats. Whenever you feel like chatting, just go into the room and see if people are there.

We're usually using either "The Order Of Dii Chatroom" or "The Order Of Dii Chat".

HeavÅngel
24-02-2005, 23:42
maybe links to either of the chat rooms would help members out>?

Diab
25-02-2005, 00:17
maybe links to either of the chat rooms would help members out>?

A link to a chatroom? I didn't know that was possible. If you know how to do it, go ahead.

Xircon
25-02-2005, 01:25
A link to a chatroom? I didn't know that was possible. If you know how to do it, go ahead.

I would not begin to know how you could link to a AIM chat room. Once again, this is not another website or anything like that. It is AOL instant messenger. The only difference it is than sending a single person a message is that multiple people are getting the message.

Diab
25-02-2005, 01:43
Well, to send someone (you, for example) a message on AIM, you would use this url:
aim:goim?screenname=Xircons&message=Hi.+Are+you+there?

I'm guessing you would replace the "goim" with "gochat" and "screenname" with something else, like "chatname".

I'll see if I could google for "aim:gochat" and find the full url for this.

Edit: Found it. It's aim:gochat?roomname=room, where "room" is the chatroom you're trying to get into. Use plus signs (+) for spaces.

So, if you have AIM installed and running, you can click this link to see if people are there and chatting:
The Order of Dii Chatroom (aim:gochat?roomname=The+Order+Of+Dii+Chatroom)

Edit#2: Ok, it doesn't seem to be working, because the URL tags here add formatting to the link, namely the "http://" and a slash right after "gochat". I don't know how to get that turned off, other than using HTML, which is disabled on these forums.

Anyways, paste this url in your browser and you should get in just fine:
aim:gochat?roomname=The+Order+Of+Dii+Chatroom