PDA

View Full Version : A very big reason why I like this game.

Ihateeggplants
06-02-2005, 18:25
The people playing it/on forums are fairly nice. Most of the people in WC3, Diablo, WoW, Shadowbane or even Starcraft suck. So much trolling, flaming and just random insults go around it isn't even fun playing anymore. This game seems very clean. I hope it keeps like this.

Lady_Alenuska
07-02-2005, 01:10
The people playing it/on forums are fairly nice. Most of the people in WC3, Diablo, WoW, Shadowbane or even Starcraft suck. So much trolling, flaming and just random insults go around it isn't even fun playing anymore. This game seems very clean. I hope it keeps like this.

One can hope. However when the game is launched I tend to feel that will change though I'm hopeing it wont but then again what mmorpg does not have idiots or troll's? I've really enjoyed the community thus far and have only had one "problem" which was easily remedy by ignore. Although I've encountered rather Vulgar people aswell during the world beta preview. However theres some super cool people aswell thankfully my experiance on this forum and the people I've learned from and spoken to have been very helpful and kind.

Tsume
07-02-2005, 09:15
Welcome to the community.

By the way, you should try eggplant parmesian :P.

Peanut2232
16-02-2005, 05:59
Gotta agree with you, been reading these forums for several months now. I usually use at least one forum for whatever game holdsmy interest at that time and this forum has impressed me for being quite nice. :)

Don't know how everyone acts in-game... but since it is still beta i can only assume it is a somewhat slightly better crop than what slides in after launch for most games.

Anyways...

Fearox
16-02-2005, 22:22
By some reason people in general on this forum seem nicer than people in general on similar forums. Of course I can't prove it, but to me it seems that on other sites there are more of those individuals who are ready to "bite" as soon as someone says something wrong/has different views and so on.
I mean: check the "Do you believe in God?"-thread. A mod even pointed out that people behaved well, despite the topic. How many forums would you see that on?

Guardian_Angel_MP
17-02-2005, 00:46
My experiences in this forum have been nothing less than awesome. I think that the mods have a big in making it as good as it is, but I also think that it is the feeling of community that Guild Wars seems to instill in it's players. I mean a large part of Guild Wars is meeting people, and I also think that since the dev's pay so much attention to what we have to say, and we can actually influence the game, that people want to make their game as good as possible (which means not polluting the game with anger, vulgarity, or the such).

Tarrant Rahl
19-02-2005, 00:21
Welcome to the community, I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying it :).

As others said, chances are that when release comes around, there will be more umm ... less than civil players. We try to keep a very close eye on these forums and deal with problems as they arise (instead of after they've already taken root and caused issues). I hope that through a vigilant, but more importantly friendly community, that we can retain the kind and helpful atmosphere generally found here right now.

On that note, if anyone is without a guild, there is a GWOnline community guild. If you'd like to join, just PM Tarrant Rahl, Ash Fleetfoot, Exilia Taryn, Chantal Dubois, or REI Onryou and ask for an invite.

SojakFA
19-02-2005, 01:48
By some reason people in general on this forum seem nicer than people in general on similar forums. Of course I can't prove it, but to me it seems that on other sites there are more of those individuals who are ready to "bite" as soon as someone says something wrong/has different views and so on.
I mean: check the "Do you believe in God?"-thread. A mod even pointed out that people behaved well, despite the topic. How many forums would you see that on?
I think the reason it has stayed open so long is because it was left open past the first couple of posts, and then it was like "Well... I don't want to be the ******* who gets the post closed, so I'll behave myself!" :P

Skywarp
19-02-2005, 01:59

Amen. I just cancelled my WoW mostly because I don't have time to play right now, but the community's immaturity was an issue, too.

It's a shame. WoW is a great game and there are nice people playing it. What's the expression: "one bad apple can spoil the bunch", I believe.

I know this throws the thread off a little, but I'm multitasking now and wanted to express you're not the only one feeling this way..

SlayerXtreme
24-02-2005, 07:13
i still like starcraft most of the time, cuz i just play with my friends, but yea.. diablo 2.. jesus.. its like playing with 8 year olds(and usually thats how old they are)
running their mouths like their kings or something.
im hoping this game wont have that problem.. but with free online play.. its highly possible that problem will arise

BP-HaWK90
01-03-2005, 02:15
i still like starcraft most of the time, cuz i just play with my friends, but yea.. diablo 2.. jesus.. its like playing with 8 year olds(and usually thats how old they are)
running their mouths like their kings or something.
im hoping this game wont have that problem.. but with free online play.. its highly possible that problem will arise

oh comon the people on Diablo 2 aren't that bad lol. Thats like saying Scott Peterson was innocent of murder. Well the majority of the... well lets call them "cavemen" come from the most wonderful of all countries, America. And Americans have a bad habit of being completely immature, and yes the majority of the people on Diablo 2 are below the games MATURE rating age. Although I do know a 42 year old who has sacrificed many years and one of his marriages to Diablo 2, my dad :worship: . Ya that is kind of sad but hey at least I got an idol. I mean comon it's not like n/e of you can say your dad can kick n/e one's @$$ on Diablo2. Yeah so take that all of you probably hate your fathers. I laugh at your pitifulness! :lol: