PDA

View Full Version : ranger: healing spring

DaFrozenFlame
01-03-2005, 22:07
Healing Spring (10,2,20) For 10 seconds, all allies in the area are healed for 15-51 health every 2 seconds. While activating this skill, you are easily interrupted.
Skill Type: Trap.

Never used it ... Is it really a trap that needs to be triggered?

Glenn_Irving
01-03-2005, 22:27
In a way I would'nt really call it a trap since it is triggered the second you use it. It does help for people who are near you.

UndeadBehlial
01-03-2005, 23:05
Think of it like Well of Power or Well of Blood. Minus the corpse.

phatdawg
01-03-2005, 23:33
Think of it like Well of Power or Well of Blood. Minus the corpse.

exactly. I was looking at this skill a few days ago after I mistakenly thought this was a monk spell.
Take this skill and troll unguent, then you can be a ranger with eternal life.
Cast this skill first, then 2 seconds before its over, activate unguent. Then 2 seconds before unguent runs out, activate this.
Rinse and repeat.

Ander Moonshadow
01-03-2005, 23:42
it's not that simple.

Heal Spring has a 20 sec recharge, troll unguent a 10 sec duration. And that's 5 seconds of casting time between the two of them. Far from eternal life, but it's a decent heal. Worth taking in specific situations, which is what GW is going for. I think Heal Spring is adequately balanced.

phatdawg
01-03-2005, 23:47
it's not that simple.

Hmmm..really? I think I'll try it with my ranger next BWE.

Bonez6x3
02-03-2005, 00:11
It is not really a trap. It works like it but once you place it, it goes off and starts healing. Unlike the rest of the ranger traps it does not have to be triggered.

As for your idea Phatdawg, Healing Spring is like a trap and when you try to lay it, it is very easy for you to be interrupted while laying it. Even if your idea worked when are you going to be doing any damage. These 2 spells are not instant cast spells. Maybe you would be helping some of the people but still would take too long and you would not be doing much damage if you were using that combo.

If you guys want to try it, if they have the premade charactures up look at the trapper. He alrdy has it on him. I loved him.

Mr.Bamboo
02-03-2005, 02:16
great skill, the healing on it is simply amazing. just keep in mind it is easily interrupted when u try to use it

phatdawg
02-03-2005, 06:52
As for your idea Phatdawg, Healing Spring is like a trap and when you try to lay it, it is very easy for you to be interrupted while laying it. Even if your idea worked when are you going to be doing any damage. These 2 spells are not instant cast spells. Maybe you would be helping some of the people but still would take too long and you would not be doing much damage if you were using that combo.

Actually, I was thinking more of combining this 2 skills with kindle arrow and conjure flame (of course, cast conjure flame first).
Sure you can attack, I don't see why not. Granted the attack time in order to keep the two skill up is down to 15 seconds out of the 20 seconds time interval.
But if you stack the 2 skills that i mentioned above, I think you would have a decent amount of damage.
Another option is to be a beast mastery focused ranger. This way you can buff your pet on the 15 seconds that you are not casting, and attack just as an annoyance.

I myself are not sure whether this build is going to help much in the game, but I'll try it out nevertheless since I'm planning to make a ranger in the next BWE.

Bonez6x3
02-03-2005, 08:01
Originally Posted by phatdawg
Sure you can attack, I don't see why not. Granted the attack time in order to keep the two skill up is down to 15 seconds out of the 20 seconds time interval.

Where are you getting 15 secs from?? Kindle Arrow only works for 12 secs. If you cast Conjure Flame then Kindle arrow you have 12 secs of 2 flame attack. If you then cast BOTH Healing Springs and Troll unguent, which together take 5 secs if you do it quick enough, you then have MAYBE 3 arrow attacks with duel flame spells. Plus Conjure Flame is 60 secs so I dont know where you are getting this 20 secs from.

My best bet too really explain this out is to have you post what your build is going to be like and let us examine it from their. And no I am not one of these people that just want to see your build. I actually want to help you out. I have made out 5 or 6 builds in just the last 4 days and they are all posted.

Glenn_Irving
02-03-2005, 09:07
I never found this spell useful because its mostly for groups and not yourself because it is easily interrupted and most of the time I heal myself it is when im being attacked. It is good for groups to help team mates out.

DaFrozenFlame
02-03-2005, 19:00
thank you for all the comments :)

another question ...

Serpent's Quickness (5,0,45) For 15-27 seconds, recharge times for your attack skills are reduced by 33%. Serpent's Quickness ends if your health drops below 50%.

does this only count for bow attacks? or also for example deep freeze?

Bonez6x3
02-03-2005, 20:38
Originally Posted by Glenn_Irving
I never found this spell useful because its mostly for groups and not yourself because it is easily interrupted and most of the time I heal myself it is when im being attacked. It is good for groups to help team mates out.

You are kinda losing me here. You say you dont like it because when you need a heal it is in combat. But then you say it is a good spell for helping out teammates. What class were you? If you were a, lets say a W/R, this is not going to be a good spell for you. I used it a Trapper (R/N) in a guild fight and would place it next to my warrior. It worked really well for that. Saved our monk from having to heal him as much. I kept placing it next to him everytime it came up. During the wait I was placing traps right next to him and they would go off too.

Originally Posted by DaFrozenFlame
Serpent's Quickness (5,0,45) For 15-27 seconds, recharge times for your attack skills are reduced by 33%. Serpent's Quickness ends if your health drops below 50%.
does this only count for bow attacks? or also for example deep freeze?

No, it only affects attack skills. That means it would help out on your warrior skills too. It would not help with Deep Freeze b/c it is not an attack skill. It is a spell. Would be a very good to help warrior with his attacks that dont take mana.

nachtigal
28-05-2005, 22:33
I never found it useful cause it's radius is way too small. I tried using it to help my henches but I barely ever healed anyone but myself. It's range is like 3 feet around you.