PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Or Are You Looking For In A Guild

Undead Bonzi
13-03-2005, 06:01
This is just a general question I want to throw out to everyone who's looking for a guild or joined a guild. What is it that you are looking for. In your mind what qualities make a guild more attractive in your mind, and for those of you who are in a guild what made you choose that particular Guild.

I know for myself the very first Guild I joined was just for the cape. I wanted a cool cape and nothing more and I just accepted the first Guild offer that was thrown at me (I learned quickly that that was a bad idea but You live and you learn...). I ask this question partly for selfish reasons, I'm an officer in a Guild now and we are trying hard to recruite but meeting limmited succes. But I also think it is a good question for Everyone who's in a Guild or has a Guild to ask "Why am I here" or "Why did they join us"

Undead Bonzi
13-03-2005, 20:24
I see many have visited, few have voted, and none have posted. Please, feel free to put down what your opinion is. Everyone in control of a Guild can learn from your answers and improve your Guildwar experience because of it.

Buddah
13-03-2005, 20:40
Laid back type.

Exploration, and discovery being more of a motive than anything.

Guardian_Angel_MP
13-03-2005, 21:51
Easy going and a balance between PvP and PvE

TheCheech
13-03-2005, 22:38
When I was looking for a Guild I was looking for a well organised (professional) guild that still had a layed back atmosphere focusing on PvE.

Undead Bonzi
14-03-2005, 04:18
Hmmmm....I'm happy that some of you have answered but I'm feeling some surprise at the answeres. I had kind of assumed from my own in game experience and some of the threads posted in this forum that so many seem to join guilds for the PvP side of it.

I also see that in the poll the more laid back and easy type of Guild seems to be the preference. Although I think my poll is a bit poorly worded. Despite this I think everyone knows that what I mean by easy and laid back is a guild thats not so hard core that you get chewed out for making a mistake or asking a newb question but still has some sort of quality in the players.

Well keep the answers comming guys, this is good feedback. If you want to, elaorate on why you want to join a guild or did join a guild and possibly share any mistakes or misconceptions you made so that the rest of us can learn from them as well. :thumbsup:

Dannzzigg
16-03-2005, 02:30
I was looking for an easy going guild, with an open and inviting atmosphere for all types of gamers, from hardcore PvP enthusiasts to pure PvE'ers and roleplayers and everyhting in between.

When I didn't find one, after many hours of searching, I found someone else looking for the same thing, and we created our own guild that fulfills exactly what we were looking for.

As far as recruitment, I would say your best bet is to make it very clear to all who visit exactly what your guild stands for. Once people have read that, the decision will be clear whether they want to join or not.

You can check out what we've done at : Heroes Etc... (http://www.baaweb.biz/heet/)

Xaith
16-03-2005, 04:47
I really enjoy the PvP in this game and would love to be in a really hardcore guild focused on climbing the ladder. Unfortunatly, I don't believe I'm good enough to be invited into one of these guilds. So I, along with a few of my PvP focused buddies, simply created our own guild.

Silicor
16-03-2005, 13:04
My choice was not there: A guild with maturity that fosters a fun experience for everyone

http://www.astroalley.com/emoticons/pirateAngryBlinkAnim1.gif Pirate Scum (http://pirate-scum.tripod.com/index.htm) http://www.astroalley.com/emoticons/pirateAngryBlinkAnim1.gif

casserole
16-03-2005, 18:43
My choice was not there: A guild with maturity that fosters a fun experience for everyone

Ditto

10 characters

Undead Bonzi
17-03-2005, 00:14
Ha, I see that pretty much everyone else who has posted here made a guild for the same reason I did, either I wasn't good enough to get in or the ones I could get in didn't have the environment I wanted.

All good info guys, thanks for replying, hopefully what I learn from this thread will allow me to make a guild that others will enjoy being part of. Keep those comments comming, I never tire of hearing what others have to say.