PDA

View Full Version : Won't go past load screen...

Kagekiri
18-03-2005, 20:02
I'm having a rather disheartening bug....I can access the character screen and load files, but it won't get past that screen. Instead, it freezes my computer. I've tried multiple characters loading multiple places, but it never even reaches the game interface.
About my computer, it was able to run Guild Wars easily before, and I'm connected through a T3 line and everything was downloaded so far as I know, yet this time it stops me before I can play the game...or even see any changes :[
Any knowledge about other such problems and their solutions?

hell demon
18-03-2005, 20:28
I'm having a rather disheartening bug....I can access the character screen and load files, but it won't get past that screen. Instead, it freezes my computer. I've tried multiple characters loading multiple places, but it never even reaches the game interface.
About my computer, it was able to run Guild Wars easily before, and I'm connected through a T3 line and everything was downloaded so far as I know, yet this time it stops me before I can play the game...or even see any changes :[

i just registered for this..

same problem here, and with other i've seen on the forums, do u happen to have a mobility raodeon 9000 igp? cause that seems to be the problem.. no solution yet that i can see. and a.net doesnt seem to be caring

Kagekiri
18-03-2005, 20:38
Crap....that IS what I have. Thanks hell demon for the confirmation at least...we'll just have to hope and pray they'll respond to multple people's problems.

hell demon
18-03-2005, 20:40
tell me about it..

ive been waitign since about 5 this morning.

illicitrecords
20-03-2005, 15:48
I also have the ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP and I get a freeze as well. ... ... < wait for fix... very dishearting.

illicitrecords
20-03-2005, 15:49
I also have the ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP and I get a freeze as well. ... ... < wait for fix... very dishearting.
But good to know I'm not the only sucker not getting in on the action? :rolleyes:

rch
20-03-2005, 17:17

If you've downloaded Window's new security progam it could be ruuning interferance on loading!

GOOD LUCK
Windsong of Marshall Law Guild

kevin joman
07-05-2005, 19:08
If you've downloaded Window's new security progam it could be ruuning interferance on loading!

GOOD LUCK
Windsong of Marshall Law Guild
i have mailed the people at guildwars.com but i dont know how thay can healp me. i got a readeon 9800 pro so i dont think its the grafix card. it has happened to 2 of my charicters, as soon as i loaded into borlis pass! when did it happen 2 u? have u tried reinstalling gw?
~kevin

Evlerni
07-11-2009, 00:14
I purchased this game in the hopes that it might be enjoyable, and for the 2 or 3 days I could actually play it, it was.
However, about 15 months back I started to experience the load screen issues, so I contacted support.
to this day, I have yet to see any resolution from them on this matter, but I did find out on my own that if I were to disable any and all security, and make my computer extremely vulnerable, the game will run.
NCSoft's reasoning as to this?...I must have an OS problem so I should reinstall my OS.
Guild wars is the only game I have troubles with, and the 15 months I had to deal with them ignoring me and treating me like a child has put me off this or any other game they produce now.
I paid good money for the game and expansions, and I will never see that money or its worth at this point. I would strongly suggest that anyone thinking of buying this game look into it thoroughly, as it is apparently purchased at the buyer's own risk.