PDA

View Full Version : issues in pre-searing Ascalon?

Karmal
18-03-2005, 22:59
I started a new character, I can run around town with no problem, if I go to the zone outside of town (can't remember name, the one once you go through the gates) the loading screen hangs at 0% for about 20 seconds and then shoots to 100% where it hands for about 10 seconds. Then once you zone, it's incredibly laggy. Anyone else getting this? If it's just on my side, what do I do?

melignus
18-03-2005, 23:01
I started a new character, I can run around town with no problem, if I go to the zone outside of town (can't remember name, the one once you go through the gates) the loading screen hangs at 0% for about 20 seconds and then shoots to 100% where it hands for about 10 seconds. Then once you zone, it's incredibly laggy. Anyone else getting this? If it's just on my side, what do I do?

yeah me also, its getting really really discouraging. i keep dieing because ill end up run off into nowhere and there are a million mobs around. it took me 20mins to get to ashford abby...

cilla
18-03-2005, 23:03
I'm also having this issue...

Irma
18-03-2005, 23:26
i dont have that problem. sounds weird. isent it because the game is downloading while you run around. my game was laggy in acalon city, the first 5min until i had got the 30mnb down. ever since the game has been running perfect!

Zypher Wynn
19-03-2005, 01:24
My daughter and I both are having this problem. You may want to post this in the bug forum.

LordBrand
19-03-2005, 05:06
My daughter and I both are having this problem. You may want to post this in the bug forum.

I was having it briefly about 4 hours ago...

I assumed it was just server lag.

SojakFA
19-03-2005, 05:48
I had it for awhile (and everyone else on my TS server did too) but then it cleared up for everyone.

My main issue has been I did the academy mission, lost, so I warped back to Ascalon and it acts like I haven't done any of the quests, which means my character is basically stuck there.

elbertc
19-03-2005, 10:12
I also had the lag issue while in Lakeside Country and only in that area. (Maybe because it seems to be the biggest area with a lot to do.) After a while, it cleared up, though.

It should be suggested that the download should hog up the entire bandwith of your connection. That is what it seemed like it was doing.

Valaron

Karmal
19-03-2005, 18:17
it's clear for me now, Cleared up about an hour or two after I posted this. When I was experiencing it, I did look in the upper right hand side for a download indicator, but there was no signs of downloading. It would just lag up to where you would walk, stop, few seconds later end up about an entire screen length away, stop, repeat. or when it got *real* bad you couldn't even walk you would just stand there, had to exit out quite a few times.

Aeris Crystal
25-05-2005, 18:36
I have started having lag problems the past couple of days. Some times it will clear up, other times I will have to map transport to an empty town or just log off and exit. I know it's not my PC as I have played for over a week now and I am just starting to have problems. I am also a system admin by trade so I know there are not any background processes hogging my bandwidth. The only thing I can think of is that the "seamless streaming" of new content isn't so seamless.