PDA

View Full Version : Getting an egg from Hadden Hawthorne

Thalanor Thornhale
20-03-2005, 06:31
Here is another ever so subtle bug, I am proud of finding. When you are going into the devourer lair, and slay the eggs, Hawthorne follows you and talks to you (which is very well done). At the end, he tries to hand you an egg. If your inventory is not full, there is no problem. If you inventory is full, you will not receive the item. It will say "Hawthorne was trying to give you an egg, but your inventory is full." When that happens, you don't get another chance to ask him for it. He just walks back and attacks anything close to him. It is needless to say that the farmer quest can most likely not be finished that way.

If someone else got this problem, please confirm here.

Irakaz
20-03-2005, 07:07
Yeah same with a lot of the quests. In Feb bwe I was doing my warrior secondary task and he gave me a hammer (hammer esential to task) but I had no room :(. I never got hammer from him and had to kill mobs till i did.

Same thing happened to me as you with the egg thing. Doesent matter hugely since the only thing wirth gettin is the pouch and possibly gwen's mysterious item.

Fallen_62
20-03-2005, 16:04
Here is another ever so subtle bug, I am proud of finding. When you are going into the devourer lair, and slay the eggs, Hawthorne follows you and talks to you (which is very well done). At the end, he tries to hand you an egg. If your inventory is not full, there is no problem. If you inventory is full, you will not receive the item. It will say "Hawthorne was trying to give you an egg, but your inventory is full." When that happens, you don't get another chance to ask him for it. He just walks back and attacks anything close to him. It is needless to say that the farmer quest can most likely not be finished that way.

If someone else got this problem, please confirm here.

Yep, I had it happen to me. I made room in my inv., cliked on him again, and he didnt give me anything.

Karmal
21-03-2005, 01:57
wouldn't be the only game that has ever had it like that. Over time playing other games I've just kind of learned to keep my inventory as low as possible.

Though something I found as being a good thing from Everquest II was that you could get quest items, double click them, and then they'd be added to your quest log. So you would still have the item, it's just that it wouldn't take up any inventory space.

GW Monkey
21-03-2005, 22:21
Actually you're wrong. He will give it to you.

Same thing happened to me, and same deal. he's walking away slowly. you click once and he says he'll follow, click again and he says he'll wait. Like all behave that way. But never gives you the egg.

But - if you go back to the girl and do Remind Me, then go find him again at the cave entrance, he DOES give you the egg and you can finish it. Even after they're all dead.

But yes, to avoid this he should just drop it on the ground. So many other quests just drop stuff, the evil book, the catapult parts, the torch, etc etc. Why is this one different?

Tsume
21-03-2005, 23:30
Yah this will happen with any of the NPC quests in which they give you an item, and the collectors as well. If your inventory is full you are not given it, and will not be given it.

If yo go to a collector that takes 5 Grawl Necklaces, and you have say 7 necklaces, and a full inventory. He will take the 5 necklaces, leaving you 2 and not open inventory spots, and the item is not given to you.