PDA

View Full Version : Terrain Glitches and Missing Quest NPCs

L_Jonte
20-03-2005, 18:20
Forgive me if I'm repeating subjects, I did search.

First, I've had a lot of terrain glitches. I get stuck behind a companion animal that on't move, or even stuck in a "solid" object and can only get out by map travelling to a town. Also, it mucks with targeting in battle.

Terrain glitch + Game lag = Dead L'il Warrior. A LOT. It's frustrating.

Second, I finally got back to and finished the "Fires of the North" and "The Duke's Daughter" quests that I began in January. The problem is, I can't find the Duke anywhere. I can't get these quests off my list until the Duke reappears, and he doesn't seem to be in any of the towns on my map.

Again, frustrating.

Baskins
21-03-2005, 03:26
I'll second the Terrain Glitch mention.

The biggest one I've seen is when you're on a tree bridge (Wilds or Maguuma lands) and there's something 100ft below you....which is attacks you with melee!! I'm not talking about getting hexed or them casting something on you, but actual walk-right-up-to-you-and-hit-you, even though you can't actually see them. And yes, you can hit back, but I'm sorry, that's just dumb.

Bug report submitted, but just in case they're perusing here.

TBMarauder
21-03-2005, 03:45
Second, I finally got back to and finished the "Fires of the North" and "The Duke's Daughter" quests that I began in January. The problem is, I can't find the Duke anywhere. I can't get these quests off my list until the Duke reappears, and he doesn't seem to be in any of the towns on my map.

Again, frustrating.Same here. Found the Daughter's ghost, surrounded by a swarm of 'Hulking Stone Elementals'. Afterwards I, too searched every town/outpost, in the Ascalon area for Duke Barradin. Anyone manage to locate him?

Other one for me was "The Villainy of Galrath". Find Galrath at the 'Wizard's Tower', South of the 'Black Curtain'. - Mind you, that one's 'a bit of a stray',as I can't remember where i picked it up from, let alone what the mission is about! :P

Great BWE otherwise, lots of reportin', and screenies a-plenty. :)

MisterP
21-03-2005, 05:09
Same here. Found the Daughter's ghost, surrounded by a swarm of 'Hulking Stone Elementals'. Afterwards I, too searched every town/outpost, in the Ascalon area for Duke Barradin. Anyone manage to locate him?

Other one for me was "The Villainy of Galrath". Find Galrath at the 'Wizard's Tower', South of the 'Black Curtain'. - Mind you, that one's 'a bit of a stray',as I can't remember where i picked it up from, let alone what the mission is about! :P

Great BWE otherwise, lots of reportin', and screenies a-plenty.

Galrath is in a new explorable area, but I forget the name ...

However, if you've been to Fisherman's Haven, you know that floating castle that is over the water? Galrath is in the explorable area across the inlet ... it is best to leave from Temple of the Ages or LA. Speaking of LA, that is where you got the quest from.

Incidentally, where did you find the ghost?

L_Jonte
21-03-2005, 17:58
I'll second the Terrain Glitch mention.

I had one character get stuck in the floor up to her chest while trying to talk to the first collector in the catacombs.

And I only just now realized that I didn't take a single screenshot all weekend. D'oh!

L_Jonte
21-03-2005, 18:04
Same here. Found the Daughter's ghost, surrounded by a swarm of 'Hulking Stone Elementals'. Afterwards I, too searched every town/outpost, in the Ascalon area for Duke Barradin. Anyone manage to locate him?

I finally found him (using a newer character) at his estate in pre-toasted Ascalaon, but once the landscape gets crunchy, he's nowhere to be found. So, of course, those old quests are still cluttering up my log.

In general though, I had a great time. Here's hoping the Duke is abailable next BWE.