PDA

View Full Version : Buggy, Laggy, and Jumpy - Sunday 3/20

Dukan
20-03-2005, 22:45
Don't know what's going on, but the game is full of annoyances this afternoon.

In D'Alessio Seaboard, my attacks were lagging to the point I was double checking to see if I had my fingers on the right keys. I'd cast a spell.... and wait for something to happen.... and wait.... then it would go. I've got my skills set up for a one-two-three punch when I first engage an enemy and it just wasn't coming off like I'm used to it working.

In the Ruins of Surmia mission, Rurick would stay in one spot for long periods of time before moving on. Then when it came to the cut scene when the Elementalist (forgot his name) is freed, there was NO Elementalist. It would show Rurick and his dialogue then switch to the scene of the Elementalist and his dialogue, but all that was there was the background scene - no character, no dialogue.

When trying to leave Ascalon for Old Ascalon, I ran through the curtain, and suddenly jumped back to the bottom of the steps leading to the curtain. This "jumping" has occured in several areas... you're heading in one direction and whoops... you're suddenly back where you were a couple seconds earlier.

In Regent River Basin, I came upon a couple of Crawl, engaged them and suddenly I had Crawl popping up all around me. Some of them popping in and out of view... all around me.

Just thought I'd mention these things. Anyone else noticing anything like this. If there's a better way to report this stuff, someone please let me know.

starrchild
21-03-2005, 03:01
I too noticed an appreciable amount of lag during this beta weekend. It was quite surprising, since I have broadband and had not encountered it during the beta weekends I've played in. I can only suppose that there were many more people in this beta and the servers had trouble handling the load.

Thalanor Thornhale
21-03-2005, 03:12
I noticed it too, but in my case the lag was explained by the Flash Ads that sometimes appear in the top banner of the gwo site in the browser taking up 99% of the CPU power. Flash ads are a serious problem. I just wanted to state it here as others may have also experienced problems like this and thought it was due to the server etc. Well...did you?

bonesrool
21-03-2005, 09:27
there is somewhere...

There's the 'Official Suggestions Thread-March BWE' in this forum, plus...

There's a bug forum now....introduced about 2-3 days before bwe.

Thul Rasha
21-03-2005, 09:38
Must be either a bug or a failure on your end (your provider) because I didn't experience any lag at all during the whole weekend.

Dukan
22-03-2005, 05:13
Must be either a bug or a failure on your end (your provider) because I didn't experience any lag at all during the whole weekend.
It was only Sunday afternoon that I noticed these things. Later in the day and evening it was back to "normal." Except for the jumping around... I still got that now and then.

I've got cable broadband so I usually don't notice any lag at all. It was mainly in the D'Alessio Seaboard that I had the lag. May have just been high server load. The thing with Surmia and no Elementalist in the cut scene was just weird.

Oh, and I guess it's Grawl, not Crawl. :D

draceena
22-03-2005, 07:01
I had quite alot of lag on Friday but Sat and Sunday were 99% lag free.