PDA

View Full Version : Video made at end of BWE.. a MUST see.

CrusaderZero
21-03-2005, 13:19
We were making a video and....

http://www.thegamerslodge.com/video/GWTVfG.wmv

warning.. 12MB.. ENJOY!
If it doesnt work in your browser... use IE.

hell demon
21-03-2005, 13:32
W00t i love it, nice work :clap:

Hadus Hawthorne
21-03-2005, 13:40
Too funny. I laughed alot harder then the creator...lmao

CrusaderZero
21-03-2005, 13:47
Thank you. yeah.. it was hard not to laugh while recording that... but.. how could I not.

Feynt
21-03-2005, 14:24
I was forced to go to sleep 3 hours before the beta ended because I had an exam in the morning (EST, beta ended at 3am, exam at 8am), but this video has made my day. If only I could have been there in person though. The exam doesn't seem as crushing now, knowing that Gwen stalks (or at least stalked) the lands.

Mystic Icequeen
21-03-2005, 16:21
hahaha, that was sweet, i wasn't there myself too, but this is a decent replacement :D

Gkirmathal
21-03-2005, 16:33
ROFL hahahaha!!!
Best GW video i`ve seen thus far!!!

Elfmaid
21-03-2005, 17:16
It's all the funnier because that couldn't have been set up more perfectly if you'd planned it that way!

ROFLMAO!!!!

The guy giggles at the end were sweet! Hee hee hee!

AWESOME job! You should send that to Arena Net and NC Soft, it will make them laugh!

:clap:

WOOP!

*still laughing*

:lol:

This is a keeper! :D

Fallen_62
21-03-2005, 17:23
I'd remove that link, but its just to damn funny ;) I had to go to bed because I was really tired and my sister had school :( Wish I woulda been there to see that, hehe.

Thanks for that ;) And the thriller thing was cool too, cept the dancer in back was about 1/2 a second ahead of everyone else ;)

Drazera
21-03-2005, 17:28
lol! definitely the best gw video I've seen yet. I love the unexpected fire show with Gwen at the end :P

IronForge
21-03-2005, 18:11
OMG! /die That's the coolest GW video I've seen yet. It's too perfect to be real.

galento
21-03-2005, 18:30
LOL! Great video. I hope you don't mind me mirror-ing it on my on host to take off some of your bandwidth to show my own fellow Malaysian gamers & friends.

CrusaderZero
21-03-2005, 18:46
thanks everyone.. sorry if I wasnt supposed to link that. didn't see anything in the agreement.. but.. like you said it's just too damn funny. And, yes, please share it.. as long as its unedited from my original work.

Thul Rasha
21-03-2005, 18:59
Nice video, but why is someone crying on the background? It's not like your character can permanently die(*) so there is no reason to cry over it.

(*) well, they will permanently die of course, after the last beta.

Pedaalemmerzak
21-03-2005, 19:02
Nice video, but why is someone crying on the background? It's not like your character can permanently die(*) so there is no reason to cry over it.

(*) well, they will permanently die of course, after the last beta.I think they were, as Elfmaid adequately put it, guy giggles.

Urgh.

CrusaderZero
21-03-2005, 19:02
that was me trying not to laugh.

lostchyld
21-03-2005, 19:30
I wish I'd left the mission I was in to see Gwen. That was an awesome video.

Nice dancing too.

Yezah
21-03-2005, 20:05
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHALMAO best video ever! :D

You HAVE to send that in to ANet ;)

Dukan
21-03-2005, 20:06
That was excellent! Thanks for making that available.

Since I was continuing on with my same character from last time, I didn't go to the newbie area and didn't see Gwen - so I didn't know who she was. I did see Gwen's broken flute a couple times in my travels. I figured it was a quest item. Hadn't a clue it belonged to a little psycho pyromaniac. :D

I got blasted in LA and was face down during "Gwen's reign of fire," and I only saw her in the distance. So, I greatly appreciate your video.

I also think it's just wonderful that the devs have put this kind of extra treat into the game. It makes me feel privileged to be a part of the Beta Events.

CrusaderZero
21-03-2005, 20:21
OK.. I just checked the bandwidth for the website that I uploaded it to.. we're up to 44% for the month already(4% in the last half hour), so if someone could host this somewhere else as well.. that would be great. Just incase we hit our limit. I don't want anyone to be left out :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

MasterDad
21-03-2005, 20:34
LMAO ,,, it remind me of something that just recently happened to me this past BWE :( :) :)

Zvixo
21-03-2005, 20:47
Loved it! Don't forget to do the same with the Warriors next time :p

CrusaderZero
21-03-2005, 21:10
ok guys.. someone set up a bittorrent link for this.

http://finchworld.hopto.org:4040/torrents/GWTVfG.wmv.torrent?9B13450D766A9D5B101E69A9F629DF2 B3EF168BA

Dukan
21-03-2005, 21:24
You know... after watching this half a dozen times now, the opening lyrics in that song just hit me.

"It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark."

About 40 seconds later, Gwen shows up. :D

Considering the servers shut down at midnight PST (which is the time zone I'm in), this did indeed happen close to midnight. It couldn't have been more perfect.

I've got a host account just sitting around so I can offer a link to this for those who don't care to use Bittorrent.

Thriller Gwen (http://www.pixel8or.com/misc/gw/GWTVfG.wmv)

Right click and "Save Target As..." to download it to your hard drive. That should be good for a couple gigs of bandwidth.

CrusaderZero
21-03-2005, 21:35
Hey... thanks a lot for the hosting.

I think the same thing about the 'close to midnight' thing everytime I hear it.

Diab
21-03-2005, 21:39
That was hilarious. I'm so glad I decided to stay up that late (3am for me) last night.

What's the place they're dancing in? Isn't that the big place down in the catacombs, where you find the dead prize bull? Didn't Gwen only spawn in towns?

CrusaderZero
21-03-2005, 22:00
That was filmed in our guild hall.
Its on the Isle of the Dead.

Dukan
21-03-2005, 22:04
Hey... thanks a lot for the hosting.

It's a pleasure... :)

Joysze
21-03-2005, 22:33
ROFL!!!! That's so great. Thanks for sharing.

Mirea or Rakesh
21-03-2005, 22:39
Thats funny, a bunch of warriors clapping though would be the funnest thing ever though.

Dragonacs
21-03-2005, 22:46
That... is... AWESOME! Randomly appearing Gwens, characters dancing in unison, pulsing music and laughing from the producer! It has everything!!!

Ace of Hearts
21-03-2005, 23:02
Wow amazingly funny. :bonk:

Rampage_Starfire
21-03-2005, 23:22
I love it, It was especially funny because the Dancers kept dancing after they were set on fire
http://www.rpgforums.net/images/smilies/bigclap.gif http://www.rpgforums.net/images/smilies/bigclap.gif http://www.rpgforums.net/images/smilies/bigclap.gif http://www.rpgforums.net/images/smilies/bigclap.gif

pirenha
21-03-2005, 23:39
That was totally cool.
Whats better than Thriller from the 80s and Fire?

GADefence
22-03-2005, 03:57
I can't see the video. Going to try downloading it, but I get a very odd page of text.

Could someone please post another link?

Mr.Bamboo
22-03-2005, 03:59
im getting same thing as GAD

CrusaderZero
22-03-2005, 04:08
well.. like i said.. if you are using firefox.. it won't load properly.. you need to right click it and Save As.

GADefence
22-03-2005, 04:13
Right click and click save as, it downloads it to your computer and you can run it when ready. That's how I fixed my glitch.
1) You should have either laughed fully or not laughed.
2) Well timed, glad to see someone got that down so well.
3) Jesus bloody christ, the dev team got sadistic!

puste
22-03-2005, 04:18
R0F0F0F0L0L0R0R! n1

Dukan
22-03-2005, 04:25
Mr. Bamboo... are you trying to use the Bittorrent link? You need the bittorrent client for that to work. Go back and look for the link I posted... "Thriller Gwen," then do the right click "Save Target As..." to a folder on your hard drive. It might be called "Save Link As..." in some browsers.

3) Jesus bloody christ, the dev team got sadistic!
Yeah... Gwenocide.

Heheheh :D

GADefence
22-03-2005, 04:35
Mr. Bamboo... are you trying to use the Bittorrent link? You need the bittorrent client for that to work. Go back and look for the link I posted... "Thriller Gwen," then do the right click "Save Target As..." to a folder on your hard drive. It might be called "Save Link As..." in some browsers.

Yeah... Gwenocide.

Heheheh :D

I did that Dukan, but thanks for telling me why it would screw up like that = )
Now I'll know to save filed like that on the first, instead of third, go.

Mr.Bamboo
22-03-2005, 05:19
its cuz i use firefox.

why is the file saved as a doc with .wmw file ending? lol

Dukan
22-03-2005, 05:34
its cuz i use firefox.

why is the file saved as a doc with .wmw file ending? lol
It's .wmv. Windows Media Video. Have you tried downloading it as suggested... saving it to you hard drive?

LegatoRSTH
22-03-2005, 06:35
Hey everyone thc for all of the feedback on the video
We had a ton of fun making it.
I had a small problem with the bit torrent download and windows media player 10, but that was fixed with clicking the regular link and saving directly from windows midea player.

Vampyrebass
22-03-2005, 20:19
Haha, great movie, I couldn't stop laughing. :D Thumbsup people!!

Dria El
23-03-2005, 08:25
That was EXCELLENT!!! Tooo perfect! LOL Woot! Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Gwen!!!

MrFrans
23-03-2005, 22:36
Lol, looks great.

It reminds me of what happend months ago in SL. Only the user have made the animation themself. :)

http://www.ulrikasheim.org/animation/thriller.html (http://www.ulrikasheim.org/animation/thriller.html)
http://www.ulrikasheim.org/animation/thriller/Thriller-640x480-DivX-mp4.mov

Bravo
23-03-2005, 22:56
Lol, I wasn't dreaming after staying upto 8am in the morning and seeing this happening lol.

Especially loved the laughing :)

Incognito2me
23-03-2005, 23:11
Lol! That was so random. Anet must have been stalking you or something to spring Gwens like that. :eek:

Great show. One of you was slightly ahead, but the random spawns made up for it. :thumbsup:

CorporateEliance
24-03-2005, 03:49
Kick a$$ Movie. Was LMAO. Thats a lot a GWENS. I Wish i could be GWEN, and kick everyones butt. She freaking owns.

Sylar
10-04-2005, 03:58
Anyone know the name of the background music?

Diab
10-04-2005, 04:30
Anyone know the name of the background music?

The music was Michael Jackson's Thriller, I believe. The whole point of doing this dance was because the game's necro's dance was very similar to Michael Jackson's Thriller dance.

Tixi
15-06-2005, 14:13
Awesome
:happy65: :happy65:

Pub-O
15-06-2005, 14:23
nice video:) please make more.....

when I listen to it, it makes me depressed thinking about Michael Jackson.

its just a really sad way all this have had to end.(irelevent of he did it or not - I don't belive he did it.... weird? yes! maybe even a guy with mental problems, but I don't think he was a pedophile).

Selene Bloodmoon
15-06-2005, 14:45
That was absolutly priceless, I havent laughed that hard in a long time. Excellent work.

Dangerous Bryan
15-06-2005, 14:53
"Sheer Class" ~ NME

Not trying to diss u shyla, but have u been in a cave for the last 20 years? Everyone knows thriller. Dont they?

Jantix
15-06-2005, 15:05
.... Anybody else miss the BWE's?

Pulling 50+ hours on a weekend while still going to (some) classes and doing HW was so much fun.

BWE's were the greatest thing ever.

I know the game is out now and I should be enjoying it more, but the community was so much smaller and more intelligent back then. Staying up till 3am on the night before class just to see what anet was going to do was amazing, and worth it every time. And of couse the massive spamfest while everybody was trying to ask Gaile Gray questions...

Every spare second of GW was so precious because you knew in a few hours it would all be gone and you would have to wait another month to play..

Ah... the memories

grats anet, on making the best beta testing system ever.

Prowlinger
15-06-2005, 15:36
Hey guys this is one of the best videos ever... The timing was perfect and I have yet to see the Gwen Rain of Death until now... everything was amazingly timed and n the money.... then the laughter in the background was great.... as everyone fell over dead and Gwen was just dancing all along their charred corpses... hahaha

Amazing stuff... Create more movies... Now you have many many fans... :)

Heck if you want some actors I would join your guild too :surprise:

Skull Crusher
19-06-2005, 19:42
I loved that movie, one of the best ones in the GW universe i've yet to see, i was laughing so hard i couldnt hear the music or your laughing anymore crusader, that recieves some serious props. Make another movie!

I was in lions arch the time that happen'd everyone screamin and runnin away from the gwens... i think i know who seared ascalon now :surprise:But when i saw one of the gwens say it was my turn to die i ran and died from the process... i wish someone would have made a movie of that one beta weekend when the bone dragons started appearing and everyone said to strip down and run up under them.. kudos to A Net for thinkin of this stuff :happy34:

kassatsujizai musha
01-07-2005, 14:19
Wow, this is great!!! So very very funny!!!Thank you for this precious gem!

unexperienced with bows
08-07-2005, 09:20
Nice the best video I've seen, how did you put gwen and the fire in?

Mirk
09-07-2005, 08:28
We were making a video and....

http://www.thegamerslodge.com/video/GWTVfG.wmv

warning.. 12MB.. ENJOY!
If it doesnt work in your browser... use IE.

jesus,let me in your guild.I find trouble finding people to talk to.LoL.Let alone,making a Pixelated dance in unison.o_O. :worship:

CrusaderZero
25-07-2005, 10:05
Nice the best video I've seen, how did you put gwen and the fire in?

It was the end of the March BWE, the developers had gwen randomly appear everywhere and set people on fire.

jesus,let me in your guild.I find trouble finding people to talk to.LoL.Let alone,making a Pixelated dance in unison.o_O. :worship:

lol.. well.. our guild is kind of in shambles right now...
and since they put in the * command for the emotes.. everyones been doing stuff in unison. :(