PDA

View Full Version : Quest Markers...

Baltaak
21-03-2005, 22:57
For this past BWE, I was only frustrated by one thing (really). Any time I would select a quest from the log (Post-Searing), most of the quest markers would not light up to point me in the right direction. I don't believe there to be a linear quest precedence (I was able to get one or two on a list of 4-5 to light up), so I'm assuming it's a bug. The markers that wouldn't highlight for me were:

- Old Ascalon Census
- Finding Duke Barradin (ended up walking in circles)
- One mission which required me to find Hollis (not the recruit quest)
- Delivering message to Serenity Temple

I tried my best to find the areas based on quest information in hopes of running into the quest item, but no luck. On a couple of occasions, the markers would light up for me in town (Ascalon) but as soon as I was outside the walls, the marker would disappear.

Tsume
21-03-2005, 23:35
Yes the arrows can be very confuseing simply because they point you in one direction, but there are natural barriers on the map that force you to go a different direction to get there sometimes. These barriers and different paths can be confuseing. It would be better to have a point system where the arrow leads you to a series of points on the map, to better define your route. But then you would feel as if you were on a linear quest instead of being free to rome the country side your in.

draceena
22-03-2005, 07:04
It would be nice if the world map would also show the location so betewwn it and your smaller map it would be easier to see which way to go.

Black Hatch
22-03-2005, 08:21
- Old Ascalon Census
I found the Census in the BWE...
if the quest person knew where it, wouldnt he have already got it by now;
leave it being hidden... If you search the map you will find it.

- Delivering message to Serenity Temple
Find the Serenity Temple... why not leave the place of the outpost hidden so people need to EXPLORE to find it.

Baltaak
22-03-2005, 13:24
I can agree on some things being hidden, but if someone is asking you to deliver a message it sure would be nice to be pointed in the general direction... ;)

Baltaak
22-03-2005, 13:27
If it's part of the game to make you wander as such, fine. I'm more concerned that if it's a bug, it needs to be identified. I think it's the latter. As I've accepted the quests, their areas were highlighted for me. Later on, they would not appear.

Happy Waiting for last BWE ;)