PDA

View Full Version : Pardon me, but I have to say this:

StillEllyEvenSuspended
23-03-2005, 04:25
Please read:
http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68448

I could just wait for a response to my private message, but I was counting on posting here to while away some time. However, I can't do that anymore, now can I?

I expect you to grant me my privelages as a poster and apologize on my account, Lady Elly.
Because I have rights to post here?
No.

I know that my rights on this forum amount to diddly squat.

I'm appealing to you as a person who is in the wrong.

If it were something temporary, and you had sent me a message about it, I'd humour it and have explained. I'm Elly, and I've been Elly for as long as I can remember.
Why would you be so arrogant as to presume that someone who shares the same name as you is trying to impersonate you?
I knew there was an Elly when I made my account. However, that was because it said the name was taken.
Only when I did you a FAVOR, and took your survey, did I realize what mischief I might have brought upon myself.

But despite knowing that, I also know that I am not in the wrong for being myself.
It's not an offensive name, I've never claimed to be the adminstrator Elly, and my posts were tame and informative. Yes, they were most likely subjective, but that's generally the case with opinions.

I will NOT register to your forums under any name other than Elly or an Elly derivative, and if you refuse to allow someone to use such a name simply under the grounds that the admin uses it, then very well.
Your loss.
There're other forums.

BUT, I hope you are riddled with guilt over it.
To know that you punished a person for simply having a harmless name because of your arrogance and selfishness.

IF this was not the reason I was suspended, then what, may I ask, was?
If it's something silly that was my fault, then you couldn't possibly know how sorry I am.
However, all signs point to my assumption, and while I'll acknowledge the possibility I'm incorrect, and apologize for it if I am indeed wrong, I must go with the most likely option.

So there you have it.
And this is the kind of well thought out posting you're going to be missing out on if you refuse to mend your ways.

Hurin66
23-03-2005, 04:40
So what do you expect us to do?
Spam this other elly person's email for being unfair?

We as a collective do not know of what has happend and although if you have been wrongly accused of impersonation that is certainly not a nice thing, i do not understand the purpose of your post.

StillEllyEvenSuspended
23-03-2005, 04:47
So what do you expect us to do?
Spam this other elly person's email for being unfair?

We as a collective do not know of what has happend and although if you have been wrongly accused of impersonation that is certainly not a nice thing, i do not understand the purpose of your post.

So I'm not the only person that didn't realize that the forum administrator is named Elly?
:rolleyes:

Reason I posted here;
This is the off-topic forum (edit: as in, it won't disrupt the normal forum posting)
It'll most likely be seen by a moderator and forwarded to the appropriate person/people
People have a tendency to ignore statements in private, and brush them off. Being challenged in public forces them to act, or look the fool with their story untold.

Being a moderator of another forum myself, while I know the posters have no rights, I still respect them as people, and expect myself to be respected as a person no matter where I go, or you can be sure I'll make my opinion known in one form or another.

And unlike some people, I don't resort to baseless flames. I choose actual events to use as my weaponry, and it's generally pretty effective.
Although, I must admit, I've been labeled as a female dog by a number of people. However, in general, I must say, I could care less with it coming from people who warranted the attack in the first place.

Edit Edit:
Just remembered an incident I had previously.
Playing Conquer Online, same game for the forum I moderate, I'm Elly in-game, after over 8 months of play.
While playing, I saw a message pop up saying, "Congratulations! <name> and -Elly- got married", and the person in the <name> spot was one of my friends.
At first, I thought he was mocking me, but after talking, I found out she was a friend of his from another server, and I got over it.
And yes, I'll admit, I was a little uncomfortable no longer being the only Elly on the server, BUT, I didn't take it out on her for having the name. I didn't KoS her (free PK game with few penalties for killing people, which you can do in all but 2 maps, the market and training ground),

Edit Edit Edit:
And thank you for giving me something to occupy my time with I would have aimed at constructively contributing to your forums.

Yes, you're most likely not that bad of people, and over-reacted to something harmless. An apology and attempts to not act so rashly would be sufficient to redeem you in my eyes.

What value does my opinion have to you?
Look past whatever annoyances or anger you might have at these posts, and think about it...
Am I not a reasonable, intelligent, well-spoken young lady who, in other circumstance, you might find pleasant to converse with?

But when it comes to people not respecting other people, I am no longer quite so nice.

I'm not just some spoiled child posting on the forums because my parents won't take me to the mall, or some such thing, I enjoy being an active contributor to places.
And if you can discount someone like that simply because they find fault in your actions, then very well, I need not associate with you any longer. This is my last post or edit here until I receive a reasonable PM from you, or reply to this post.

As I've stated and restated, I'm a moderator, I know how it is to draw flames from editing people. But simply because you have the power to do as you please, doesn't mean you're always right. You can have the final word, you can change the way things appear, but no matter what the case may be, you can not change what the truth is.

And before people attempt to discredit my arguments my devaluing what this is all over, saying it's just a name...
It's not just a name.
It's MY name.
And it's how my name was suspended with neither warning (which the ToS says they often don't give), or even an explanation afterwords.
It was just done, like I'm some fly on the wall to swat.

I have my pride and respect as a person and I won't yield down to such actions. I'll leave, but when I do, I'll make sure that they know my stance on the matter.

Most similar thing I've done compared to this, is in the game of conquer, I waged a war against a player named NIGGE in game, who's original name had been ******, but was edited at the request of a player for being offensive, to get him banned by the administrators for flagrantly racist comments about asians, including verbal threats.

People discredited me, and played down his actions, but I refused to give in.
He made excuses, when numerous people started to show support, but even then, I refused to give in, until finally, he apologized and said he'd take steps to ensure such things never happen again.

And that's it.

I might sound pretentious, obnoxious, and overly demanding, but if you look objectively, I'm a reasonable person, I think.

And that's it.

Farewell indefinitely,
-Elly

black_death6
23-03-2005, 05:06
im just wondering, are you sure you didn't break any rules?, or are you positive because it was your name. i doesn't seem like something they'd do here. and making another account after been banned is not a good thing either.

StillEllyEvenSuspended
23-03-2005, 05:19
im just wondering, are you sure you didn't break any rules?, or are you positive because it was your name. i doesn't seem like something they'd do here. and making another account after been banned is not a good thing either.

Ok, this reply was made before my statement of not posting again was made, so I'll bend it to respond.

I had 6 posts, all of which were informational in nature, except the one in the Gwen BWE ending related topic, where, just like anyone else, I laughed about it.

Look for Lady Elly and find the posts.

The account wasn't banned, but it's uses were severely crippled. I couldn't post, edit, or anything more than read. Which anyone can do anyway. It might as well have been a ban.

But, what's the point in worrying about it?
I could be permanently IP Banned from their website and forums, which couldn't even stop me if I had the intent to continue to come back and harass them, as I've got a router and can change my IP at will (although, technically, I don't know how. I'm just saying I COULD, were I determined.) I posted to make my point, and in such a way that they'd be confronted with it.

Anything further would be pointless.

And NOW I take my leave.

black_death6
23-03-2005, 05:52
well if you ever come back, could you explain exactly what happens? can you log in? or when your about to post it says your not logged in? because if im not mistaken there is a bug around thats been doing this.

Kirellii
23-03-2005, 06:23
Bugs do happen and I have had some strange occurances.

Life is very interesting in the journey and a smooth journey would very likely be boring.

Name confusion is a problem and I suffer from that too! However, we all just have to Get Along. (I happen to have picked an ingame name that someone perhaps has used elsewhere in another game as well as it being the name of a naughty shop. In addition, Kirellii itself is an avatar name that could just as easily belong to someone else though I have used it. Being like the Dread Pirate Robert is very confusing.)

I am sure that the Elly(s) can figure this out to a satisfactory end.

If not... well then - I suppose that this is just an example of *conflict* and I know Elly will win.

StillEllyEvenSuspended
23-03-2005, 06:59
Mozilla FireFox or Internet Explorer, tried both, tried logging out and back in, I'm disabled from posting using the other account.
I acknowleged it could be my error, and perhaps got a little carried away on an assumption, but the assumption seems all too likely.

And, I'd like to apologize for the error I surely DID make, which makes me a hypocrite.
I assumed it couldn't/wouldn't be settled in private, because, let's face it most people just brush you off. Choosing a public venue forces a reaction, or public ridicule, and most people choose reaction.

So, if you want to delete this, I totally don't mind.
However, I advise that, unless it's a serious breach of ToS, that you revise your policy and warn people, in the name of fairness and respect.

Because while I chose to be aggressive and assume things about you, your actions led me to believe negatively of you.

So again, I apologize in part, because I wasn't totally in the right, but neither do I believe you should brush off all that was said.

Logged in under Lady Elly: