PDA

View Full Version : gold disappeared

rch
23-03-2005, 14:12
:mad: Aboute an hour befor this recent BWE was concluded, I went to the outfitter befor I was to visit the crafter. I had nearly 1000 g. I sold some stuff, so as to have plenty of room and boughtONE salaage kit. When I clicked out of outfitter, I only had 44 gold! Where did my gold go?

Tman
23-03-2005, 14:54
This happened to me too,

I had about 1000 gold and I went on a mission about 2 hours before end of beta and came back and I only had 200 gold. I didn't buy anything I don't know why the gold disapeared.

Excel
23-03-2005, 14:59
it didn't go anywhere it just converted into platinum,( the silvery thing left of the gold icon) 1 platinum= 1000g and the gold counter would be reset when you hit 1000 and give you 1 platinum instead...

TBMarauder
23-03-2005, 17:36
it didn't go anywhere it just converted into platinum,( the silvery thing left of the gold icon) 1 platinum= 1000g and the gold counter would be reset when you hit 1000 and give you 1 platinum instead...lol lol! Excel. I had to explain that to sooo many members of my guild this last weekend. It happened to me quite early but, I did notice the new 'platinum' icon to the left of it, so wasn't 'gutted' for long.

Its times like this though, that I wish there was a bit more 'pertinent' information in the 'welcome notice' at the start of each BWE, or that there were some one place that BWE participants can read-up at beforehand, that would inform us of such new additions/changes (posted a few hours before the start?).

Cheeky maybe, but ANet do have all our email addresses (via our logins), so could they not send us a 'Hot off the presses' BWE Changes mailshot?

Another reason, is that I read many posts concerning unforseen/unexpected changes from the previous BWE, suddenly implemented and not all of them being immediately apparent (at least not initially, as in the 'platinum' bar, above. lol).

Kirellii
24-03-2005, 00:50
I never saw the platinum icon - doggitall.

I kept trying to save up 1000 gold and it kept vanishing on me. I thought I was making a mistake because I was so tired.

*sigh*

Goldving
24-03-2005, 02:49
I made the same mistake once.

lostchyld
24-03-2005, 04:24
I was confused for a little while about where my gold went, but someone in the suggestion's thread had asked about the grey boxes that seemed to serve no purpose, and someone had replied about platinum. It didn't take me long to figure it out, but maybe there should be a screen that notifies players when they reach their first thousand. This would prevent a little confusion.

Drytchnath
01-04-2005, 08:14
Yea, first time i hit 1k i didn't even notice, just explained it off as maybe buying more than what i thought i had. Second time i did notice though, i was royally pissed since i had no idea were it went, heh. How the profanity did fly. I feel a little silly now that it's been explained.