PDA

View Full Version : 41 year old man stabs and kills player that stole his sowrd form legend of mir 3

aya pe 001
30-03-2005, 20:30
hope nothang like this ever happens for guild wars becase its just dum and good thang i quit playing legend of Mir 3

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=5&u=/nm/20050330/od_nm/life_china_sabre_dc

http://www.cq-ef.net/

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Online-gamer-killed-for-selling-virtual-weapon/2005/03/30/1111862440188.html

lostchyld
30-03-2005, 22:02
it's really sad that something as silly as an ingame sword can cause a reaction like that. That dude must have had no life outside of that game.

TBMarauder
30-03-2005, 23:07
Ouch! That is serious! I do hope 'GW' isn't invloved in any such future headlines! :eek:

I tried that game the other day, btw (mostly in desperation, admittedly) and got killed by a Chicken .... a XXXXXXXX Chicken?!!!1!11! - It is now safely uninstalled.

Kaziurra
30-03-2005, 23:14
Im surprised that a person would actually buy an in-game sword for 870$. :D

Zypher Wynn
30-03-2005, 23:31
This is seriously messed up.
I wonder how long it will take before Jack Thompson is using this case to push his agenda.
Also how stupid is that associate professor, in wanting to make in game items covered under theft laws. I hate those who con or manipulate items from others however having a law to discribe it as theft would be unenforceable. Not to mention completely moronic. What next? Charge players with murder for PKing?
If you got to get this worked up over a game, then maybe it is time for a reality check.

Fearox
01-04-2005, 01:26

I've heard even sicker stuff about this really horrible-looking slow MMORPG without sound called Tibia. Armors getting sold for $1500 and stuff.

I wonder if you could make a living as a MMORPG-grinder... More interesting than the stock market at least :lol:

Buddah
01-04-2005, 02:22
I've heard even sicker stuff about this really horrible-looking slow MMORPG without sound called Tibia. Armors getting sold for $1500 and stuff.

I wonder if you could make a living as a MMORPG-grinder... More interesting than the stock market at least :lol:
psssst The bottom is about to fall out on the Dragon Sword market. Got some good info saying the demand for Flame Artifacts is about to take off.

Merls The Sneaky
06-04-2005, 12:40

I cant believe people pay 20 bux a month to play a game they just paid 80 bux for.

WolfieMcNasty
06-04-2005, 13:19
psssst The bottom is about to fall out on the Dragon Sword market. Got some good info saying the demand for Flame Artifacts is about to take off.
Buddah, I feel it is my duty as your friend to advise you to turn yourself into the FBI and SEC. You're going to be found guilty of insider trading of online computer game market trends and data.

Buddah
07-04-2005, 01:58
Buddah, I feel it is my duty as your friend to advise you to turn yourself into the FBI and SEC. You're going to be found guilty of insider trading of online computer game market trends and data.
But I got this info from Martha Stewart. :lol:

Ghostlord
07-04-2005, 18:29

You can,and some people do..there are people having,as a "job",to farm items and sell on sites like ebay for cold $$$,there are teams in games like everquest and everquest 2 and to a lesser extent DAoC,that farm items and level chars with the sole intent of selling them online for cash. they simply use multiple accounts,and camp an area or powerlevel a fresh account,then set it up with items and sell it...back in the day when everquest 1 was hot,it was not unusual for accounts with one highlevel char or more set up with items to sell for several thousand US $.
This is still happening because the companies running the mmorpg(s) are either incapable of proving any illegal activities has taken place,or they simply dont care because this activity sell them extra copies of the game,and make them extra income in the form of monthly fee's.

The downside of course being the legit players who get fed up and quit over it.

5zigen
09-04-2005, 08:37
I once read somewhere, that in 2003 (i think) Everquest had more GDP Per Capita than India. Thats messed up.

RMT has gotten pretty out of hand, and somone dying over it doesnt supprise me, because any time there is money involved...

Ander Moonshadow
09-04-2005, 17:57
good thing this isn't possible in Guild Wars, cause uber items don't really exist.

LeftAlone-
09-04-2005, 18:19
Ugh... Getting paid for grinding in a game... Mmm.. its kinda possible.. you know..

My friend in diablo II lord of destruction made $400 by selling one of his accounts' items on E-bay..