PDA

View Full Version : get ready for yur biggest competition Guild Wars

aya pe 001
31-03-2005, 05:29
thats right softnyx makers of Gunbound announce new game Rakion Chaos Force http://rakion.net/ now who well want to play Guild Wars becase softnyx and gunbound are bomb

Rakion is an on-line ‘strategy action game’. The game focuses on intense sword on sword battles with RPG style characters and settings, along with the strategic battle plans to provide the ultimate battle experience.
Like any good console games, Rakion delivers video game quality action. You can now experience the palm sweating battles of console games online. Gamers can improve their combat skills and work out several strategies to win the battle alone or as a team.
Just like a MMORPG, the concept of gaining experience points and leveling up exists in Rakion as well. Through the level-up system, you can upgrade your character’s skills and equipment as well as your summons. Summoned creatures will become much stronger as you level up.

dirtycash
31-03-2005, 06:15
thats right softnyx makers of Gunbound announce new game Rakion Chaos Force http://rakion.net/ now who well want to play Guild Wars becase softnyx and gunbound are bomb

I know that you are trying to incite anger and such... but honestly... the site sucks. The game doesn't look that interesting either. I never played Gunbound, but if their site has any indication of what their games are like... I'll just have to laugh.

Ander Moonshadow
31-03-2005, 23:32
I don't think there will be any MMO important enough to reckon with, aside from WoW, which sales Guild Wars probably won't even get close to. In the RPG realm, a definite rival will be TES IV: Oblivion. Same graphics engine, I think to recall. Offline RPG though, no online play in TES.

casserole
31-03-2005, 23:49
This website didn't really capture my attention. If this game turns out to be better than GW, great. Competition will just force game studios to create better games, so I won't complain about that. That being said, this website either needs a lot of work and/or this game isn't anywhere near as close to release as you are led to believe. GW isn't even out yet and I consider it to be one of the best games I've played yet....so if someone comes out with a game that I enjoy even more, then I'll be really happy!

lostchyld
01-04-2005, 01:32
First off, Gunbound is a pretty ok game. It's not my style, though. I played with a group of friends for a month, but then we all left in favor of pen and paper role playing.

This new site looks like they might possibly be advertising a mostly decent game. I'd say 'decent' or 'really good', but all they've got is a bunch of screenshots. The faqs are uninformative, any real information apparently has yet to be released. In the notice section, it is very specifically stated that the site is a teaser only. That's not a good way to attract customers. My thought is that this game is targeting the fan base from Gunbound.

As far as publicity goes, I'd like to know how you found out about this game, because I haven't seen ads anywhere. It's not even advertised on the Gunbound main site. I went to the Softnyx main site, and there's one tiny button that directs me to the game site. Google turns up a bunch of Korean sites when I search, most of my other sources also have nothing.

Because of the lack of available information, I doubt Rakion poses much of a 'threat' to the success of Guild Wars. Besides, beta for that game begins in May, so by the time the full version is released, Guild Wars will have it's regular players and probably be close to expansion time.

Fearox
01-04-2005, 02:23
Nah, I don't see any "bomb" here. And even if the game will be great Arena Net is still Arena Net - you know that you will get high quality.

Lord Gargoyle
01-04-2005, 18:14
Nah, I don't see any "bomb" here. And even if the game will be great Arena Net is still Arena Net - you know that you will get high quality.

why is Arena.Net an indicator for good quality? how do i know i get high quality?

Ander Moonshadow
02-04-2005, 00:06
lol, that is hilarious. You don't. lol.

ANet has no merits. The people in ANet definitely do, from the ones that worked on Diablo to the ones that worked on Warcraft. but the company has no game out, so you can't really judge it yet. However, perhaps having played the Guild Wars beta, we can rank them on the favorite designer list... note: favorite, not best.

Fearox
02-04-2005, 00:14
I mean that they've convinced me already, and therefore I have no reason to compare Guild Wars to other games. Merits? Well, in that case I would have bought WoW instead.

Psa
02-04-2005, 02:07
You have to be kiding right?

Only game looking better to me atm is the D&D online,but GW isnt a mmorpg so that reason I will play it for a very long time :)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/ddonline/preview_6121266.html?tag=nl.e579