PDA

View Full Version : cyberpower company??order??

yind
04-04-2005, 22:01
i am currently buying a new laptop and i just wanted to know if cyberpower was a good place to buy my laptop because i saw a review and they said it was a bad company but the price was just to good. :D
reply if you ordered a pc from cyberpower b4.

Fallen_62
04-04-2005, 22:24
i am currently buying a new laptop and i just wanted to know if cyberpower was a good place to buy my laptop because i saw a review and they said it was a bad company but the price was just to good. :D
reply if you ordered a pc from cyberpower b4.

whatever you do, dont buy a computer form ibuypower.com. A friend of mine did that and it came fully loaded, including 15 trojans.

yind
04-04-2005, 22:31
whatever you do, dont buy a computer form ibuypower.com. A friend of mine did that and it came fully loaded, including 15 trojans.

what are you serioius???danggg
but cyberpower looks just like ibuypower???
i hope its not the same....if it comes with that will u be able to return it??
it better come perfect cause i payed 1500 and ill be pissed :mad: if it runs like crap

Fallen_62
04-04-2005, 22:38
what are you serioius???danggg
but cyberpower looks just like ibuypower???
i hope its not the same....if it comes with that will u be able to return it??
it better come perfect cause i payed 1500 and ill be pissed :mad: if it runs like crap

I have no idea, i didnt look at cyberpower. I know they sell a lot of surge protectors and stuff, if we are thinking of the same company. perhaps a link would be good, so we can see the site.

As for the return policy and stuff, thats all up to the site. I would have checked that out before you ordered it ;) And thats why I build my own PC's and dont buy laptops, cuz Newegg is great with returns ;)

Perfidia
04-04-2005, 22:58
Yay Newegg!

Build your own PC's! You save so much money, and my compiter rivals an Alienware in power, and I probably only payed half the price it would cost to buy from Alienware. Complete with a sweet Thermaltake case! A complete New-Egg machine, and I am happy as a pea. (However happy a pea may be)

yind
04-04-2005, 22:58
I have no idea, i didnt look at cyberpower. I know they sell a lot of surge protectors and stuff, if we are thinking of the same company. perhaps a link would be good, so we can see the site.

As for the return policy and stuff, thats all up to the site. I would have checked that out before you ordered it ;) And thats why I build my own PC's and dont buy laptops, cuz Newegg is great with returns ;)

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/
theres the site
all i know is that i got a year warranty :lol:

lostchyld
04-04-2005, 23:16
Here's what I know. I've never heard of CyberPower as a company, maybe they're just too small.

Since I began buying computers, I've been a steady customer of Dell. They have very good systems at affordable prices. Their main drawback is that they don't offer AMD as an option. Aside from that, Dell offers a computer of equivalent specs to what you posted earlier. The major issue Dell has is with harddrives. Several of my friends have ordered computers from Dell and had to return the harddrives due to failure. I have never had this happen personally.

The company I would never buy from is Gateway. I've never had a gateway that worked for more than a week, various issues. Can say this from experience due to school related laptop incidents. Would absolutely NOT recommend Gateway.

The most highly recommended company for gaming computers, at least among my friends, is AlienWare. They're horrible about prices though. Usually their systems are almost $1000 more than the equivalent anywhere else.

I'd also recommend polling people you know personally who have bought computers and learn as much as you can from them before committing to any one company.

5zigen
04-04-2005, 23:20
Cyberpower = ibuypower essentially, though they have different reseller ratings and a couple other things. Check out www.resellerratings.com and you will see that neither names are very well rated.

What I would suggest is: (ive been shopping for a laptop for like, 5 months now).

www.rjtech.com
www.xmeld.com
www.geared2play.com
www.proportable.com
www.viciouspc.com
www.istnc.com
www.pctorque.com

They all seem to have good support and very good reseller ratings.

What laptop were you looking at, btw? In terms of laptops, you everyone basically sells the same thing. All the 17 in AMD64 systems on the market are the clevo d470k. all the 17 in P4 systems with PCI-E vidcards are the clevo d900t. You can buy it from alienware, or falconnw or whoever, but chances are you can get the same laptop for about 1000$ cheaper. It pays to shop around, if you want a good priced laptop with good features.

Currently, I am considering getting the Asus Z71V, as it has great 3dmark scores, pci-e vidcard, and great battery life, along with its reportedly good build. It just came out. Its reasonably priced too.

yind
04-04-2005, 23:29
Cyberpower = ibuypower essentially, though they have different reseller ratings and a couple other things. Check out www.resellerratings.com and you will see that neither names are very well rated.

What I would suggest is: (ive been shopping for a laptop for like, 5 months now).

www.rjtech.com
www.xmeld.com
www.geared2play.com
www.proportable.com
www.viciouspc.com
www.istnc.com
www.pctorque.com

They all seem to have good support and very good reseller ratings.

What laptop were you looking at, btw?

i ordered the x64 8000 and customized it to 1 gb ram corsair
athlon 64 32000+
60gb 72000 rpm
128 mobile radeon 9700
and thats basically it
it better come with everything perfect cause AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i wanna play guild wars and half life 2 so badddddddddddddDDDDDDD

5zigen
04-04-2005, 23:46
It should be alright. Its a good setup (asus Z80k) and if it comes with any extraneous software on it you could just do a system wipe to get rid of it all and reinstall windows SP2.

Perfidia
04-04-2005, 23:50
Since I began buying computers, I've been a steady customer of Dell. They have very good systems at affordable prices.

Yet, I had a system, identical to a Dell system, and I paid $300 less for mine. Sure, I didn't have a fancy case, but is a case worth the $300?

I don't know, in the time it takes you to research your computers, you could have learned how to build your own rig. It's pretty easy, and very cost effective...

yind
04-04-2005, 23:55
i ordered the x64 8000 and customized it to 1 gb ram corsair
athlon 64 32000+
60gb 72000 rpm
128 mobile radeon 9700

i got all this and a free download of half life 2 and 4 weeks of free napster for only 1344$....thats a good deal right!?!?!

yind
04-04-2005, 23:57
Yet, I had a system, identical to a Dell system, and I paid $300 less for mine. Sure, I didn't have a fancy case, but is a case worth the $300?

I don't know, in the time it takes you to research your computers, you could have learned how to build your own rig. It's pretty easy, and very cost effective...

is it ez to make a laptop because i need one cause i go to a lan party around every week!

Harmless
05-04-2005, 00:37
I had good luck with tigerdirect.com

lostchyld
05-04-2005, 00:48

I forgot to mention that I've only ever owned laptops, my first desktop might possibly happen this summer, in the event of a job that can support a computer purchase and a reasonable down payment on a Ford Focus. My minivan is starting to nickel and dime me.

In response to the case being worth $300, it's not. However, I hate hardware with a passion, so spending the extra for a prebuilt would be worth it to me. I might let my boyfriends build one for me instead, just because it'll make him feel good, but I'm not gonna torture myself to save a little money.

5zigen
05-04-2005, 06:37
The only way to "build" a laptop is to buy a Asus or MSI or Clevo or Uniwill barebones. In the end, you rarely end up saving money, and if you do its only like 50-150$ which is usually worth having it covered by the warranty, specially with Laptops as the Bios' are usually much more picky than their desktop counterparts (from what I have read).

And that looks like a pretty good price on the system Yind.