PDA

View Full Version : Dying Wish (Pepsi not Coke)

Kirellii
06-04-2005, 04:45
Well, my (Great) Godfather passed away.

He went in for a minor surgery on his knee and died of a scab gone awry.

His dying wish was that if something happened to him that the next Pope to be chosen be: ANGELO SCOLA (ITALIAN), BORN NOV. 7, 1941

He wanted the world to be led by Pope Scola (pronounced as Pope se cola) and not Coca-Cola.

It is probable that this was a factor in being called to the pearl gates to talk. However, being that he hardly ever joked about such things it would be nice if everyone thought of the possibilities and laughed as that is something he would have appreciated - people finding enjoyment from his humor - though it be extremely rare/infrequent.

Given that I have had far too much bad news this year and everyone is going into the great beyond, I just wanted to share this with you and a bit of wisdom that is becoming quite apparent this year.

Reconcile with your friends and loved ones for they may not be here tomorrow. You will be glad you settled your differences.

This brings my tally up to 2 friends, a Grandfather, and a Godfather for the year and NO Weddings. So I suppose that the addage that when you attend more funerals than weddings you can now consider yourself old is coming true.

Enjoy every day - and pray for Pope Scola since it was a dying wish.

May Guild Wars be all that you dreamed and more.

Fallen_62
06-04-2005, 04:52
Well, my (Great) Godfather passed away.

He went in for a minor surgery on his knee and died of a scab gone awry.

His dying wish was that if something happened to him that the next Pope to be chosen be: ANGELO SCOLA (ITALIAN), BORN NOV. 7, 1941

He wanted the world to be led by Pope Scola (pronounced as Pope se cola) and not Coca-Cola.

It is probable that this was a factor in being called to the pearl gates to talk. However, being that he hardly ever joked about such things it would be nice if everyone thought of the possibilities and laughed as that is something he would have appreciated - people finding enjoyment from his humor - though it be extremely rare/infrequent.

Given that I have had far too much bad news this year and everyone is going into the great beyond, I just wanted to share this with you and a bit of wisdom that is becoming quite apparent this year.

Reconcile with your friends and loved ones for they may not be here tomorrow. You will be glad you settled your differences.

This brings my tally up to 2 friends, a Grandfather, and a Godfather for the year and NO Weddings. So I suppose that the addage that when you attend more funerals than weddings you can now consider yourself old is coming true.

Enjoy every day - and pray for Pope Scola since it was a dying wish.

May Guild Wars be all that you dreamed and more.

LNL, Im thinking that if you didnt have bad luck, you would have no luck at all : / Im sorry for your losses, but may you find peace in GW ;)

Kirellii
06-04-2005, 05:15
LNL, Im thinking that if you didnt have bad luck, you would have no luck at all : / Im sorry for your losses, but may you find peace in GW ;)

It stopped being funny earlier this year, but it brings a vast appreciation of each day that we spend together. Thanks for the thoughts, but seriously, we should all try to make sure our lives are together. Many people fall into a funk of not dealing with Real Life and instead find solace in Fantasy and Escapism. (We all will be taking a break from RL as GW goes live (hopefully with a sigh of relief that we made it to the World Release).)

Fantasy is fine, but for those of us who can enjoy such luxury and not the daily strife of trying to live in bad circumstances... Be Grateful.

I hope that such things as Guild Wars can bring the world closer as we enjoy friendships near and far.

Once again - thanks Fallen - I hope that your efforts are rewarding for all you do.

Ash Fleetfoot
06-04-2005, 16:06
What can one say at a time like this other than:

ROFLMAO

We had a similar year last year and found the only thing that kept us going was humour and the ability to find humour in the most mundane of things.

I have always found laughter to be the best medicine and once people realise that you are not belittling the situation but simply coping with it in your own way and trying to help others to cope as well, then everything soon feels brighter.

One of the things I learnt in the army, with all the horrendous things that are seen and experienced, if you don't laugh you most often would cry.

So everyone pray for Pope Scola then we can all have a sly chuckle on a daily basis all thanks to LNL's Godfather. :lol:

Kirellii
07-04-2005, 01:37
What can one say at a time like this other than:

ROFLMAO

So everyone pray for Pope Scola then we can all have a sly chuckle on a daily basis all thanks to LNL's Godfather. :lol:

Exactly So, though he did not want to go, what an exit line.

Hopefully mine will be FAR FAR in the future and will have some semblance of dignity.