PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Keybboard/Mouse

CharnelHouse
07-04-2005, 01:41
Anybody use playing GW? Building a system and was thinking about getting wireless KB/M, but never used one before. Any input?

Harmless
07-04-2005, 03:12
I haven't used a wireless keyboard but I use a wireless mouse with my laptop. It works great. Also, I do play Guild Wars on my laptop sometimes so the wireless mouse worked fine playing Guild Wars.

CharnelHouse
07-04-2005, 04:20
I haven't used a wireless keyboard but I use a wireless mouse with my laptop. It works great. Also, I do play Guild Wars on my laptop sometimes so the wireless mouse worked fine playing Guild Wars.

Cool, thanks for the answer, though I guess I should have specified that I was talking desktop. Anyone use on desktop?

dirtycash
07-04-2005, 04:30
I use wireless both on my desktop. Kinda nice to sit the keyboard on my lap while I play. Though I have heard some stories that the batteries don't last very long in the keyboard.

My only negative thought would be that the minimal chance that your keyboard cut out on you during a PvP match! :eek:

Excel
07-04-2005, 07:03
yes I use the Logitech MX1000 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/FI/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=9043) it's not cheap but very comfortable and precice and I when it's cordless :D (yes I know it's quite expensive :( ) The battery last about 60hours and with 1hour recharge you can play ~20hours, 3 hours to full

Ash Fleetfoot
07-04-2005, 14:05
My wifes uses both on hers.... no issues with using them only the batteries... they do run out.

So just keep a good supply of batteries and change them regularily and you should be fine.

Hurin66
08-04-2005, 20:20
No real reason to go wireless really, unless you keep your computer very far from your work area or you like to play HOMM hot seat :D

The wireless will have slower response times (for FPS's), are often worse for trouble shooting computer problems (bios and windows dont include the drivers) and require recharge (and having your key board die on you is not fun), they also tend to cost slightly more.

My recomendation would be an logitech MX510 thats about $30.
But there are lots of other good options.

www.Avault.com (http://www.avault.com) has some good reviews for 'gamer' oriantated hardware. As for keyboards i heard the Saitek keyboard was very good (although the led's on it are quite useless). Also $50 for a keyboard is more then i would spend, actually unless your old one is broke i would keep it. If it is broke you can get a perfectly decent keyboard for <$10.

Oh some advice BTW the MX1000 although a great mouse (a little pricey though) has one serious draw back, if you are used to picking up your mouse at a low level and moving it back the MX1000 is actually so sensitive your cursor will move back as well.

Perfidia
08-04-2005, 22:14
If you are going wireless, don't wimp out on prices... You really get what you pay for. If you pay $30 for a set, you're going to get crappy reception and bad battery time. Spend the money if you are planning on using it for GW...

Wired mice are still the most reliable...

Excel
08-04-2005, 22:43
No real reason to go wireless really, unless you keep your computer very far from your work area or you like to play HOMM hot seat :D

The wireless will have slower response times (for FPS's), are often worse for trouble shooting computer problems (bios and windows dont include the drivers) and require recharge (and having your key board die on you is not fun), they also tend to cost slightly more.

USB max speed (unless hacked) is 125times/s refresh, the cordless MX1000 for instance sends at 125times/s so there is no bottleneck...

With older versions though there might be a slight bottleneck with the cordless ones...