PDA

View Full Version : TGoA needs YOU!

Bo Straightarrow
09-04-2005, 02:13
Hello and thank you for reading this post. Our NEW Guild (The Guild Of Ancients) [TGOA] will be primarily an RP Guild at first then going into PvP at a later date. We are looking for some members who would be interested in a structured Guild. More membership information at our Guild Forum (The Guild webpage is undergoing quick growing pains but all links do work). We hope to grow at a steady rate and hopefully will enjoy gaming with all of you online gamers at some point in time. Give us a look at: http://members.cox.net/tgoa/ and if you see what you like shoot me or another Admin at our Guild Forum a PM.

Thanks Again,
Bo Straightarrow
TGOA Guildmaster

Bo Straightarrow
29-05-2005, 15:18
Our Forum is at: http://s9.invisionfree.com/TheGuildOfAncients/index.php You are WELCOME to stop by and see if we may be a Guild that your interested in. Looking forward to your visit.

Thanks Again,
Bo Straightarrow
TGOA Guildmaster

Bo Straightarrow
09-07-2005, 22:06
EDITED To update information to greatly expand information you may be interested in knowing prior to joining TGoA.

Hello and thank you for reading this post. Our Guild (The Guild Of Ancients) [TGoA] Has been growing slowly as it should and will be primarily a light RP Guild and moderate Questing/Adventuring Guild at first, then going into PvP & GvG at a later date. We are looking for some members who would be interested in a structured Guild. More membership information at our Guild Forum (The Guild webpage is under costruction). We hope to grow at a steady rate and hopefully will enjoy gaming with all of you online gamers at some point in time. Give us a look at: http://members.cox.net/tgoa/ and if you see what you like shoot me or another Admin at our Guild Forum a PM.

Alternately you can go directly to our forumpage where most of our activity is at:
http://s9.invisionfree.com/TheGuild...ents/index.php?

In closing: Our Guild is small but close knit group of people. We are online nightly around 6pm ESTuntil midnight or later and on the weekends you will prolly find someone online just about anytime day or night. For alot more indepth information regarding joining our Guild please see all the info below my signature.

Thanks Again,
Bo Straightarrow
TGOA Guildmaster
"Loyalty and interest in the Guild runs thru the individual members to the guild, not thru the guild to the individual members."

More indepth information about joining our Guild for your consideration. Looking forward to seeing you so stop in and say hello.

Requirements to be a TGoA forum member:
NONE (Just use common sense and you'll do fine here)

Requirements to be an online gaming member of The Guild Of Ancients;
1. You MUST be atleast 20 years old to be a guild member of The Guild Of Ancients. NOTE: The age requirement of 20 years old is not a hard fast rule. You just need to show a mature attitude and willingness to learn etc etc.....
2. You MUST follow the CODE OF CONDUCT to become an online gaming member of The Guild Of Ancients.
Note: You are highly encouraged to use TEAMSPEAK as it is the voice & text communication tool of TGOA.

CODE OF CONDUCT
1. All members of the guild will follow the chain of command for the simple fact of keeping order but remember we are all here to have fun first and foremost.

2. ALWAYS conduct yourself in a manner that reflects good on your GUILD and fellow guildmates. We do not trash talk. This does not mean you have to take it from other people or guilds. Don't be afraid to protect yourself. The Guild Of Ancients will always back each other up.

3. The Guild Of Ancients does not endorse or allow the use of hacked characters. We pride ourselves on our skill and sense of fair play.

4. TGoA will not tolerate ANY form of degredation of our Guild and or Guild members thru the improper acts of ingame SPAMMING on the Public or any other chat venue. TGoA will not tolerate ANY online discrimmination based on age, sex, race or religious beliefs. TGoA will not tolerate ANY violation of the following information provided by the OFFICIAL links provided here:
http://www.guildwars.com/privacy.html
http://www.guildwars.com/copyright.html
http://www.guildwars.com/termsofuse.html
Phew and lastly, ANY other acts that would represent TGoA in a negative way.

5. Following the simple rules of this Code is Mandatory. If you cannot, please do not apply to become an online gaming member of The Guild Of Ancients. Any and all incidents should be reported along the chain of command.
CODE OF CONDUCT

SO you qualify and think this Guild may be for you? Well we would like to hear from you, just PM or email and Admin at our forum and we will get back to you hopefully within 24hrs from the time you submit your request.

Once you are accepted into The Guild Of Ancients as an online gaming member you will have access to the exclusive TGOA Members Area.

MORE TGOA INFORMATION

First off let me say that TGOA will be primarily a RP (roleplaying) Guild with PvP (Player vs Player ie Guild vs Guild) later on after the official release. All potential TGOA members will have to pay a one time fee of 100 gold to me. Why you ask? Well.... any self respecting Guild would do that in a RP setting and besides the set aside funds will be put toward the health of the Guild in future PvP senarios ((More on the fund requirement later on and what is done with them), also (I'm NOT a glutton hungery Monarch or Dictator)). That being said the Cape Maker/Designer winner will get their 100 gold fee waived and also may recieve a high level position within the structure of the Guild (yet to be determined).

Let me also answer the harder questions now and my thesis as to the what and why of how I intend to run TGOA.

BACKGROUND: I have an extensive background in RPGs (goes back to the early 1980s) and proven ability regarding online Squadrons & online NASCAR group gaming simulations.

INTENT: TGOA will be an ACTIVE group of individuals who do put forth time and effort into it's continued existence.

PLAN: As stated before, 100gp (gold peices) one time requirement to join the TGOA and a weekly requirement of 25gp ((paid weekly)(to ensure a reasonable level of individual online activity)) that will go toward PvP of the Guild participants on a PvP senario and or other RP senarios such as actually purchasing an actual Guild building or land ingame and or Guild improvements ingame to the Guild building also perhaps a purchase for that ONE essential item to be able to tip the scales in a PvP, GvG match so your donation will go to a worthy Guild cause... I am also planning to have participants do specific quests (not easy ones of course) and (not dying of course in compleating the quests) to win perhaps an item of choice at a ingame crafter or trader paid by the guild. etc. etc.. etc... NOTHING will be hidden from Guild Members and all fund statistics will be posted in the Guild Member area for all to see and review.
UPDATED Info: The 25gp per week is for thos who start out a Roleplaying character at level 1.
This is the schedule:
100gp initial Guild Membership fee from 01 May 2005 thru 31 May 2005
250gp initial Guild Membership fee from 01 June 2005 untill further notice.
25gp per week from 01 May 2005 thru 31 May 2005
50gp per week from 01 June 2005 untill further notice.

LONG TERM GOAL: Continued exsistence of TGOA and to rise to be one of if not the most respected Guild in GuildWars (I know and understand tho that other Guilds have a year or more experience in this area)

TEAMSPEAK will be our voice communication program and you are highly encouraged to use TEAMSPEAK as it is the voice & text communication tool of TGOA. It is normally used for Guild Member meetings and ingame voice chat. As a potential member of TGOA and if you already have TEAMSPEAK installed on your PC you can talk to us LIVE but please be aware that TGOA will not tolerate misbehaviour. Here is the information to come to our TEAMSPEAK Server and speak to us regarding your potential membership:

The EASY way but NOT the best way:
STEP 1: Open your TEAMSPEAK client and single left click Connection and scroll down to Quick Connect.
STEP 2: Enter the following information in the fileds:
Server address: 81.3.59.133:27300
Nickname: (Whatever nickname you would like to use)
Login name: (leave this blank)
Password: elder
STEP 3: Single Left click the Connect button. (once connected go to STEP 4)
STEP 4: Single Left click on Hall of Ancients and follow the instructions in the right window to register yourself with the TEAMSPEAK Server.

I hope this has answered most of the questions that you may have regarding TGoA and I have not bored you to :happy59:

This post is at it's end bye for now :howdy:

ehanks
16-07-2005, 17:26
I've been playing GW since it went public, and while I have been in a guild, it seems like I'm the only one that is ever on anymore. So I am currently looking for a new guild. I have 2 ascended characters, and enjoy PvEing with them (UW, Fissure these days), as well as some PvP, though good PvP pick-up-group experiences are rare. I play regularly, but have real-life responsibilities so I won't be spending huge amounts of time online. That said, I do play most evenings.

I am impressed with what I've read here and on your website and would like to learn more about TGoA. Do you do much PvP? I see that you have about 10-15 members...are they fairly active? Maybe I'll try to catch some of you on your TS server this week. Or give me a whisper ingame.

Enoch Wanderer lvl 20 Monk
Tell Stoneseeker lvl 20 Ranger
Storm Sengar lvl 7 Mesmer

Bo Straightarrow
21-07-2005, 01:49
I've been playing GW since it went public, and while I have been in a guild, it seems like I'm the only one that is ever on anymore. So I am currently looking for a new guild. I have 2 ascended characters, and enjoy PvEing with them (UW, Fissure these days), as well as some PvP, though good PvP pick-up-group experiences are rare. I play regularly, but have real-life responsibilities so I won't be spending huge amounts of time online. That said, I do play most evenings.

I am impressed with what I've read here and on your website and would like to learn more about TGoA. Do you do much PvP? I see that you have about 10-15 members...are they fairly active? Maybe I'll try to catch some of you on your TS server this week. Or give me a whisper ingame.

Enoch Wanderer lvl 20 Monk
Tell Stoneseeker lvl 20 Ranger
Storm Sengar lvl 7 Mesmer

Thank you for your interest. Stop in anytime on our TEAMSPEAK Server as there may be someone there, especially Saturday evenings around 8:00pm EST. Currently we are mainly active on exploring towns and doing missions and quests. I personally have not done any PvP and I believe that most of our Guild members have not done much PvP either. We ARE a pretty active group that has Guild members online in the evenings.

Best Regards,

Bo Straightarrow
TGoA Guildmaster

Bo Straightarrow
04-09-2005, 19:58
We constantly are updating information on our forum on a daily basis as we are also online mostly during the afternoons and evenings of every day and on weekends you could find us online just about anytime.

We have a sigil now and are deciding what Guild Hall will best represent our Guild.

Have an interest in what you have read in this thread?? then please stop by and see for yourself if TGoA is someplace that you would like to call home.

Bye for now :howdy:

Best Regards,

Bo Straightarrow
TGoA Guildmaster
"Loyalty and interest in the Guild runs thru the individual members to the guild, not thru the guild to the individual members."

Emery
21-11-2005, 22:30
I am a member of the Sacred Anceints but have been out of the net for awhile being busy in the military. My son is member of Spawn of the Anceints. just getting active again and just picked up Guild wars. I would like to join my guild here as well. say Hello to star gazer for me till I get up and running in the guild.

I also see teamspeak changed I have regiseter ther as well at the new one but cant get voice. I look forward to playing with you all soon

Thank you for any assistace you can provide me in getting me going again.

Craig Emery
Idar-Oberstein, Germany

Bo Straightarrow
06-02-2006, 04:11
I am a member of the Sacred Anceints but have been out of the net for awhile being busy in the military. My son is member of Spawn of the Anceints. just getting active again and just picked up Guild wars. I would like to join my guild here as well. say Hello to star gazer for me till I get up and running in the guild.

I also see teamspeak changed I have regiseter ther as well at the new one but cant get voice. I look forward to playing with you all soon

Thank you for any assistace you can provide me in getting me going again.

Craig Emery
Idar-Oberstein, Germany

You are welcome and I'm glad that you found us. For others that have found this post we as a Guild have been growing and currently have around 30 members now and have recently purchased our own domain so in about two months of this posting we will have a better website and forum than what we currently have now but don't that stop you from coming by and seeing what our Guild is all about. Thank for stopping by and hope to see you ingame soon.

Bo Straightarrow
06-02-2006, 05:39
This is just a reminder that some of our policies have changed regarding my previous post #3 so ALL the information is NOT quite up to date as we have changed some, so if you don't like what you read in post #3 rest assured that hopefully we have changed some aspects of our Guild that make us a more attractive Guild that you may want to be a part of.

Once we get our NEW webpage and forum migrated to our NEW domain I will post the NEW indepth information for your reading pleasure to give all prospective members as much information as possible so they can make an informed decision as to how well they may fit into our Guild as we may fit into their play style.

Don't let that stop you tho from coming to our Webpage or better yet our Forumpage to see what has been happening since your last visit. We look forward to your visit and perhaps we may be just the type of Guild your looking for.....