PDA

View Full Version : The New Web Site

Xircon
14-04-2005, 21:02
The web site has gotten a serious facelift. Please to be sure to check it out.

http://dii.gwonline.net

NoCarrots4U did many of the new graphics on the site, such as the back ground image, the sword/shields, and the borders. He also was the creator of my avatar.

Balazaar, a new member to the guild, redid the codind to add a wider range of support and allow the additions of php and borders.

I will be from here building templates for pages and start the converion of the existing "orange" pages to the new style. There is also a lot of work to do such as getting a new pic of our banner and adding it in. But this will have to wait until after the next BWE.

In addition, I also plan on adding a large amount of content to the page and asking people to help fill it. Such as a guides section, a team and characters section. And what ever else.

Metroid_01
14-04-2005, 22:42
first thing i have to say is...WOW, the website looks REALLY nice.

dont forget, im still around if you ever need some help with the page. (ive picked up some more perl/php in the past few months and would be glad to put it to practical use...)

ps. check the item find guide link, two typos were made.
(iten_finging.html to item_finding.html)

Xircon
14-04-2005, 23:20
first thing i have to say is...WOW, the website looks REALLY nice.

dont forget, im still around if you ever need some help with the page. (ive picked up some more perl/php in the past few months and would be glad to put it to practical use...)

ps. check the item find guide link, two typos were made.
(iten_finging.html to item_finding.html)

Oops, I wonder how I did that. Ok, fixed now.

Master of Might
15-04-2005, 05:04
The site looks great. Applause :clap: to all who had a hand in it.

Muff
15-04-2005, 05:18
Sigh no more off orange like the good 'ol days, but I'll adjust but since I like it :)
Although I do have one bone to pick with you for the website...you forgot my profile link :P I'm pretty sure a lot of other members are missing from that list too. Also seems like the orange is gone only the main page was done, any chance you could get around to the rest of the site too would be great. Top job guys :thumbsup:

Metroid_01
15-04-2005, 06:00
Also seems like the orange is gone only the main page was done, any chance you could get around to the rest of the site too would be great. Top job guys :thumbsup:

well, dont underestimate that formatting. for me atleast page formatting (to make it purty...) is the hardest thing a web programmer can do.
i cant wait to see the rest of the website look so nice...

Edit:...:'(...my icon got glitched again. o.o;

Xircon
15-04-2005, 06:39
Sigh no more off orange like the good 'ol days, but I'll adjust but since I like it :)
Although I do have one bone to pick with you for the website...you forgot my profile link :P I'm pretty sure a lot of other members are missing from that list too. Also seems like the orange is gone only the main page was done, any chance you could get around to the rest of the site too would be great. Top job guys :thumbsup:

Yes, only the main page has been done, almost. A few small cosmetic things might be done. The rest of the pages or Orange and will stay Orange.

I added the link for you and that should be all the people I ahve profiles for but I will triple check.

Metriod, I would love a hand. I need to get the templates made and then I will let you know.

Kirsty
15-04-2005, 10:32
So the bunny finally got around to finishing the page he's been bugging my gf with the last month? Good! :p

Luc

Mortshd
15-04-2005, 13:23
One observation: The orange text on yellow background is kind of hard to read otherwise the page looks great.

Martian
16-04-2005, 18:51
I have been trying to find the site for about an hour. I visited earlier in the week a couple times. Turns out I had the right link the whole time! What a change. I thought I was at the wrong place. I guess I need to learn to be a little more observant.

Martian

Beowulf
18-04-2005, 00:31
I like it and wish I have more time to be able to help.