PDA

View Full Version : Names that you wish you had but someone beat you to it

Crimson Stigmata
20-04-2005, 20:38
(Not sure if there's already a topic like this but I'll give it a shot anyways. Pardon me if it's old)

"Sniper Wolf" for my Ranger

I am a fan of the Metal Gear Solid series and I love wolves. I thought that it would be the perfect ranger name. Whoever got that name, kudos to you. *salutes* :D

dirtycash
20-04-2005, 20:40
:( The Real Slim Shady

:( The Governator

:( Fist of the Heavens

Yalinya
20-04-2005, 20:44
Morning Glory ;)

Nazoric
20-04-2005, 20:48
I have no idea if they are actualy taken... but i would not doubt that some of them might be...

Any combination of 2 of the following... (Knom, Roirraw, Remser, Regnar, Tsilatnemele, Recnamorcen) Each representing class/subclass...

like a warrior monk named - Roirraw Knom

Mourning Glory

somone played/plays d20 DnD :P

goblintrain
20-04-2005, 20:50
Rectum Smasher!!! :surprise:

Jedediah Strong
20-04-2005, 21:04
Crazy Horse

He was gonna be my ready build PvP W/Mo. Soooo......

Gall (another famous Sioux Chief/Warrior) but....can't use just one name....

therefore......

Gall Stone was born.

Shinra
20-04-2005, 21:04
Mr T :D

It was taken, so I had to go with Mrs T :happy14:

And trust me, being married to Mr T is no easy task :confused:

lostchyld
20-04-2005, 21:05
Didn't have that problem. My names are "original" or at least not popular... ;) I still wish I could use LostChyld as a name, but I don't wanna put spaces in it. "The Lost" also didn't work, if I remember correctly.

Joe_Synner
20-04-2005, 21:09
Well i doubt anyone had it but i'm sure it will be a race come wednesday..

Monk = Benedict XVI

Crimson Stigmata
20-04-2005, 21:10
Mr T

It was taken, so I had to go with Mrs T

And trust me, being married to Mr T is no easy task

LOL!
I suppose you already saw the Mr T vs <Everything under the sun> sites :P

Tarrant Rahl
20-04-2005, 21:12
Moved this on over to Off Topic, but please continue :).

Luckily I was able to beat anyone to the punch in using Tarrant Rahl :p. I've seen all sorts of "famous" names running around though, from Aragorn to real life movie stars. I'd say any name having to do with a real life star is probably taken at this point, unless they never had any large parts or weren't in mainstream movies.

Caelib
20-04-2005, 21:13
I played DAoC for a few years and lemme tell ya ... there's a world full of people who have nothing better to than to sit around and think up ridiculous names. You just wait ...

Crimson Stigmata
20-04-2005, 21:23
Luckily I was able to beat anyone to the punch in using Tarrant Rahl . I've seen all sorts of "famous" names running around though, from Aragorn to real life movie stars. I'd say any name having to do with a real life star is probably taken at this point, unless they never had any large parts or weren't in mainstream movies.

Haha. Makes me wonder how many Rangers who's got 'Legolas' in their names. I saw someone who was called.

"Legolas Sureshot"

It's indeed very amusing to look at what people come up as names.

Taniniver
20-04-2005, 21:24
"Dragon Reborn", though that probably went a LONG time ago with all the Wheel of Time fans.

Same for a whole host of other associated names - Perrin Ayabara, Lan Mandragoran, Mat Caulthon, you name it.

Some of the others I wanted couldn't be used due to the format restrictions.

I especially think the "auto capitalise names" thing is annoying. I can see the point, no annoying mixed case gibberish like cHaOS loRD, but it prevents things like "Rand al Thor" too.

My online name Taniniver (or Tanin'iver, if you want it REALLY correct) is only one word and couldn't be used, and the full name Taniniver BlindDragon is too long. I had to go for "Dragon Above" eventually which is another name for the creature on which my name is based.

Perfidia
20-04-2005, 22:34
"Davey Havok"

I will try again on Wednesday and hope that they didn't pre-order, just had the name from a WPE.

If not, I still have my "Vescere Bracis", or eat shorts in latin... :D

SpineyNorman
20-04-2005, 23:30
Spiney Norman
--and that was back at WPE
Ha, always taken in the games I play, never taken in the forums I join.

Fallen_62
21-04-2005, 02:09
Moved this on over to Off Topic, but please continue :).

Luckily I was able to beat anyone to the punch in using Tarrant Rahl :p. I've seen all sorts of "famous" names running around though, from Aragorn to real life movie stars. I'd say any name having to do with a real life star is probably taken at this point, unless they never had any large parts or weren't in mainstream movies.

I saw a char named "Tom Cruize Jr" during the April BWE :lol:

I am lucky and was in the beta so I got most of my char names pretty easy (Fallen Graces, Fallen Epher, Fallen of Gwonline, and sometimes Fallen Tree). I am still looking for a good replacement to the last one, and I am sure Fallen Angel is already long gone. I was thinking more along the lines of another ruler title, just because I think that Fallen <ruler> sounds cool :p I could also do Fallen From Grace but I dont member if that fits or not.

And for those who dont know what an Epher is, they are similary to US State Governers of Ancient Egypt. They ruled ephorates, which are like the modern states.

SaborWolf
21-04-2005, 02:50
whoever that mentioned the Gall, the souix tribe chief ... his last name was Pizi :)

Gall Pizi :-D all set

kefkathemad
21-04-2005, 03:05

I am lucky and was in the beta so I got most of my char names pretty easy (Fallen Graces, Fallen Epher, Fallen of Gwonline, and sometimes Fallen Tree). I am still looking for a good replacement to the last one, and I am sure Fallen Angel is already long gone. I was thinking more along the lines of another ruler title, just because I think that Fallen <ruler> sounds cool :p I could also do Fallen From Grace but I dont member if that fits or not.

And for those who dont know what an Epher is, they are similary to US State Governers of Ancient Egypt. They ruled ephorates, which are like the modern states.

Yeah, I like doing a theme between all of my character names. I was originally going to do everything Family Guy but everything was taken, so I added "The" between everyone's names.

So instead of Peter Griffin I got Peter The Griffin and so on.

But then my girlfriend wanted me to put Bear in all my names so now that's my theme.

Kirellii
21-04-2005, 03:33
Taken:
Kyrie Eleison
Divine Right
White Hart

Luckily I got mine as below (sorta):

Leather N Lace (R/M)
Kyrie Elaison (M/R)

Silent Lucidity (E/M)
Soul Searcher (Mes/M)

I have found that I just can't get past the trust issue and that must be why I have Monk in all of them at present. I am hoping that new classes will replace the two in Italics somehow. If I had 6 slots, I would have picked a W/M and a N/M to round it out. I may still on my other account(s)...

lostchyld
21-04-2005, 04:13

Have you tried Fallen Down...? ;)

Vyhal
21-04-2005, 04:48
With all the people playing what they call "Blood Knights" I was surprised the name I choose for my Warrior / Necro was not taken.

It's Vladamir Dracu......the actual name of Dracula. According to the Bram Strokers Dracula anyway. I created him the last day of the April BWE and was pleasently surprised when it went through. :happy53:

Seeker of Something
21-04-2005, 06:12
"Stefan Baruch" (who, thanks to Narcism, was holding the Hall of Heroes quite a lot last weekend :) ).

DarkPurist
21-04-2005, 06:21
LongShlong BlueDong
Haywood Jablowmi
Fetuccinni Alfonzo
Mexican Pirate
Count Boatguard
i can go on and on

Jedediah Strong
21-04-2005, 11:46
whoever that mentioned the Gall, the souix tribe chief ... his last name was Pizi :)

Gall Pizi :-D all set

I did not know that Gall had a last name. I have also looked using some others....American Horse (the brave but somewhat hapless warrior....he seemed to be plagued by poor timing), Chief Joseph (of the Nez Perce), Nez Perce (why not), Young Man Afraid of His Horses (usually just called Young Man Afraid) could be Man Afraid, the list goes on.

In case you can't tell, I was raised out west.

Taxus Baccata
21-04-2005, 13:57
Judy Garland, but only on the weekend for my special friends.

Trancinghof
21-04-2005, 14:03
I got my primary name King Of Trance :p
But i tryed to make a 2nd char named "Paris Hilton", and It was taking :mad:

Ash Fleetfoot
21-04-2005, 15:19

....or Fallen Overdeaddrunkwhilewalkingdownthestreet? :p

casserole
21-04-2005, 19:11
"Dragon Reborn", though that probably went a LONG time ago with all the Wheel of Time fans.

I actually managed to get that name on the USeast D2 bnet realm, I was very suprised it was available. The bnet naming convention doesn't allow spaces, but you can use a "-" or "_" to seperate words, so my characters name is Dragon_Reborn. I have the name for an assassin since many of that classes skills are named "dragon_______"

I saw Keyser Soze in the March BWE and wished I had that one locked down for myself. I did get Elvis Lives saved, so I'll use that for my necro character.

Kragor The Savage
21-04-2005, 19:58

Might I humbley suggest... *drum roll*

Fallen Ohvar

or!

Fallen Ehn Kantgetup

Fallen_62
22-04-2005, 06:18
No, I didnt try Fallen Down *smacks forehead*

Ash, I think your suggestion is a little long :P

Fallen Ohvar and Fallen Ehn Kantgetup are good ones too ;)

Keeper Garrett
22-04-2005, 07:21
its kinda funny...one of the names i didn't get during the march BWT was for my female necro/monk--Ezri Dax, i ended up getting it anyways during the final BWT :D

heres a name i wanna see--Peter Griffin!...just remember Family Guy is comin back on may 1st!!! if i ever see that name i'll give that person 5 gold :happy53: JK! or am i?....heheheheh BTW i have the full DVD collection!

Kramboid
23-04-2005, 00:50
Can names be 4 spaces? If so....
Diablo Walks The Earth -- D2 Fans know it
Emperor Zurg
Blood Raven -- Good Ranger name
Deimos Rising
and of course... Harriet Tubman

LadyAura
23-04-2005, 01:18
How about names of wine and or beer. These were taken:

Zinfendel
Chardonnay
Merlot
Gennessee

LadyAura

Raistlin Majere
23-04-2005, 07:21
My own, Raistlin Majere. not to mention Crysania of Taurus.:(

Wazioc
23-04-2005, 07:41
I didnt have much of a problem getting mine, but I try to avoid the cookie-cutter names like Legolas that I saw mentioned earlier.

I used The Wazioc and Fuzzy Wazoo also threw in a few french words to mix it up a bit... Origneaux de Wazoo, Cheveuxless Wazoo... also helps to just have a set last name that no one else in their right mind would have :happy34:

Pedaalemmerzak
23-04-2005, 12:44
I only use wrongly spelled names that are pronounced as my forum name (Dutch for pedal bin bag), so I have no problem getting my own names in.

In February, when the henchmen were still called 'Monk Henchman' and 'Warrior Henchman' and so on, I saw a dude who had called himself Mesmer Henchman and lined himself up with the other henchmen waiting for someone to buy it. http://www.rpgforums.net/images/smilies/worship.gif

Metroid_01
23-04-2005, 18:36
I actually managed to get that name on the USeast D2 bnet realm, I was very suprised it was available. The bnet naming convention doesn't allow spaces, but you can use a "-" or "_" to seperate words, so my characters name is Dragon_Reborn. I have the name for an assassin since many of that classes skills are named "dragon_______"

Hah...i was lucky to get my first real choice on GW. Nuclear Winter (big pyro char) back in the january beta. but i gotta say, when i first came up with it i was scared it would be taken ~.~.
my best achievement, though was a char i got on DII.
Samus.
i was so proud.

Atmaphil
23-04-2005, 23:37
Celes Chere and Terra Branford
but meh its not like I wont just use a modification of the name (Jeez im so lame :happy14: )

Thalia Du Arc
24-04-2005, 01:57
its kinda funny...one of the names i didn't get during the march BWT was for my female necro/monk--Ezri Dax, i ended up getting it anyways during the final BWT :D

heres a name i wanna see--Peter Griffin!...just remember Family Guy is comin back on may 1st!!! if i ever see that name i'll give that person 5 gold :happy53: JK! or am i?....heheheheh BTW i have the full DVD collection!

I have a thing about having to have an original (if possible) name, myself, not that Thalia is totally original (she was one of the muses)! :happy05: However, I'm a total Thief fanatic, so now that I've seen your "Keeper Garrett", I may have to pilfer a name from that series for one of my other personas!!! :D Oh, and I'm jealous you have the full DVD Family Guy collection!!! LOL

Thalia Du Arc
24-04-2005, 02:11
No, I didnt try Fallen Down *smacks forehead*

Ash, I think your suggestion is a little long :P

Fallen Ohvar and Fallen Ehn Kantgetup are good ones too ;)

Fallen Foryou (could do alternate spelling, "Foryu"/"Foryew", etc.)

Fallen In Loveagain (yes, I know it's bad! LOL)

Fallen Leader (not too commanding....heh heh)

Fallen Timbers (as in The Battle of)

Fallen Stars (did you already do that one??)

Ok, now my brain hurts!!! LOL

boxterduke
03-06-2005, 15:19
Darth Maximus
I so wanted to use that one. Also Darth Acelies

Skywarp
03-06-2005, 15:36
Several:
Mega Tron
Thunder Cracker
Star Scream
Sound Wave
Shock Wave
Monty Python (imagine "join our guild: Monty Python's Flying Circus")

I did however, manage to snag an important one: Sky Warp :p

Yes, I am a dork. :surprise:

snowkissed
03-06-2005, 18:03
It was taken, so I had to go with Mrs T :happy14:

My bellybutton is Mrs T. :surprise:
It's actually strangely shaped like a T, so it's been nicknamed (by others than myself) Mrs T. :happy05:

Mad J
03-06-2005, 18:17
My bellybutton is Mrs T. :surprise:
It's actually strangely shaped like a T, so it's been nicknamed (by others than myself) Mrs T. :happy05:

I think that almost breaches TMI... ;)

Sky Parker
05-06-2005, 21:38
I've had no trouble with any names. I used my school's name as a last name.
Leigen and Sky Parker are my best.

CLaN
05-06-2005, 22:40
Creamy Nougat
(female character)

Justeesh
06-06-2005, 07:57
Morihei Ueshiba, founder of Aikido, for my monk. I considered flipping the names (using the family name first as in japanese) but didn't. So I grabbed some random herbalist book and ended up with Taesan Chinchu, or "garlic pearl" in korean. Not only does she have peace of mind, she's rich in antioxidants!

I did get my first choice for a mesmer name: Billy Wigglestick.

nightrunner
02-09-2005, 06:55
Moiraine Sedai.

I wasn't suprised that that name was taken, WoT is an immensely popular series and Moiraine's a kickass character. So, I tried Lady Moiraine. That was taken as well. Well, no suprises there. Then, I had a the idea of making an inconspicuous mispelling - I dropped an I and got Moraine. Guess what - the mispelled Moraine Sedai is also taken :mad:. I finally got Lady Moraine. Oh well, it's not too bad :lol:

Barinthus
03-09-2005, 19:47
Since I'm a huge Joe Dever fan I wanted to get Lone Wolf but someone already took it. So I opted for Kor Skarn :(

Aria Darkstorm
03-09-2005, 19:56
Natirasha Darkstorm...oh wait thats on my beta accounts main character that i forgot the password for so i cant get in and tey wont delete the char so i cant use it...

gummo
10-10-2005, 23:35
Grim Fandango for my necro :D

snowkissed
10-10-2005, 23:52
Grim Fandango for my necro :D
That was an awesome game :happy05:

MetasynMan
11-10-2005, 00:47
My first account toons has all japanese names that I semi-took from anime, but mostly made up. All actual anime names were taken by the time I got started.

Then on my second account, I was going for all characters from David Eddings' early series, but soon realized that most of them didn't have last names in the books. And since all the easy names like "King Belgarion" or "Ancient Belgarath" were taken, I started combining names of two characters together... worked pretty well, IMO.

Tsukasa Kusanagi
11-10-2005, 14:31
I haven't really had any trouble, I did want "Motoko Kusanagi" for my second charector/female necro[the males were too ugly. . .ew] but I wasn't shocked it was taken, so I just went with Motoko as a first name :thumbsup:

FrozenTw
12-10-2005, 14:36
I wanted to name my Necro 'Ice Maiden' :(

x AdDiCt x
14-10-2005, 09:09
Crazy Horse

He was gonna be my ready build PvP W/Mo. Soooo......

Gall (another famous Sioux Chief/Warrior) but....can't use just one name....

therefore......

Gall Stone was born.
why would u make a PvP W/Mo anyway... :confused: