PDA

View Full Version : Worlds at War, my new GW movie!

Excel
25-04-2005, 07:01
Alright they finally put up my newest Guild Wars movie called Worlds at War which is a high quality movie from The Underworld & Fissure of Woe and as a bonus the funny Guil Hall pathing bug :D

Anyway the encoding & rendering is an experiment based on the poll, where the majority wanted a higher resolution and better quality, therefore the resolution is 800*600 and with 3500 bitrate. You need Divx in to be able to watch it. The movie is roughly 100mb and 3:46 long, higly recommended to be watched in fullscreen.

WatW.avi (http://files.filefront.com/Worlds_at_War/;3848683;;/fileinfo.html)

ps. check out my older movies also if you haven't :) Guild Wars Trailer (http://files.filefront.com/High_Quality_GWtrailer/;3845034;;/fileinfo.html) & The Gaile Gray workout movie (http://www.rpgfilms.net/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=445)

Efflixi
25-04-2005, 07:03
aww i wish i could dl it now :( It's 11pm and i should really go to bed since i have school and all... But ill watch it tommorow :)

Excel
25-04-2005, 07:12
hehe :) Just hope it won't disappear until then ;)

Anyway HERE (http://files.filefront.com/Gaile_Grays_workout_movie/;3843222;;/fileinfo.html) is a mirror to "The Gaile Gray workout movie" no registration required :happy34:

Death Dragon
25-04-2005, 07:19
I love the movies in the past you did, like GWTrailer and PvP Gwen.

Now it is 60% DLed (your latest video) and cant wait to see it. Good Stuff!!! :happy14:

:EDIT: AWESOME STUFF, Now I really want to get to the Fissure of Woe and the UnderWorld......

would a mo/wa focused on 3 adren skills + healing signet and 4 maintain enchants on work down there? (holywrath + retribution totaling 98% Attack Damage return and Strength of Honor with +9 Melee damage and Balth Spirit)

Excel
25-04-2005, 07:31
well you would need some kind of protection skills like protective spirit because those critters in The Underworld can do 350 damage to caster armor with power attack :scared:

I did ~76damage with ligthning orb and 16 in air magic to the black beasts... I guess smiting would be great against the undead :D but we mainly used wards and blinding spells like glimmering mark

TheNug
25-04-2005, 07:33
more cause for monks to use life bond! :) can anyone tell me what w@w is? all i know is that you have to go to ToA to get there i think.

Death Dragon
25-04-2005, 07:33
Easily done, I get a monk to carry that or its lesser cousin that does 10%, and that 350 power attack would be returned right back at em......(goin with Judges Armor)

how did you guys do so well down there, it was amazing how ya did there....

Excel
25-04-2005, 07:41
When a team of your World holds the Hall of Heroes, special areas will open like The Underworld and Fissure of Woe. There are statues all over the world that start burning & smoking for instance when a team has the HoH and you can then summon a ghost by kneeling in front of them and pay them a sum of gold and you will be transported to a new area :)

the most important stuff IMO we used were, ward against melee,elements & harm +glimmering mark. I'm not really sure about the monk spells but they were mainly healing monk(s)

Shaylith
25-04-2005, 07:46
Neat video. :) Sure enjoyed your past stuff, and this was fun, too. Interesting pathing problem, hee. :)

TheNug
25-04-2005, 07:46
what is the whole temple of ages thing then :confused: more special areas?

Lady_Alenuska
25-04-2005, 07:47
Lovely job Excel quite enjoyable. Will you be doing more?

Lady Alenuska

Excel
25-04-2005, 07:50
There were 4 statues in ToA IIRC it was there you kneeled and paid the ghosts, although you could only access 2 statues in the BWE namely Balthazar & Grenth

calderstrake
25-04-2005, 07:55
There were 4 statues in ToA IIRC it was there you kneeled and paid the ghosts, although you could only access 2 statues in the BWE namely Balthazar & Grenth
Excellent movie! I have a question... can you post the skill sheet for that E in the first PvP scene?

***EDIT***

I love reverse-engineering:

Attributes: (cost)
Energy Storage: 12 (97)
Air Magic: 12 (97)

Total attribute points used: 194/200

Skills:
1) Ether Renewal (elite) - (10,1,30) For 10 seconds, each time you cast a spell, you gain 4 energy and 17 health for each enchantment on you. This is an elite skill.
2) Enervating Charge - (10,1,8) Target foe is struck for 41 lightning damage and suffers from weakness for 17 seconds. This spell has 25% armor penetration.
3) Lightning Strike - (5,1,5) Strike target foe for 41 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration.
4) Lightning Orb - (15,2,5) Lightning Orb flies towards target foe and strikes for 82 lightning damage if it hits. This spell has 25% armor penetration.
5) Blinding Flash - (15,3/4,4) Target enemy is blinded for 9 seconds.
6) Gale - (5,1,5) Knock down target foe for 3 seconds. This spell causes exhaustion. (50% failure chance with Air Magic 4 or less.)
7) Aura of Restoration - (10,1/4,20) For 60 seconds, you are healed for 350% of the energy cost each time you cast a spell.
8) Air Attunement - (10,2,60) For 55 seconds, you are attuned to air. You gain 30% of the energy cost of the spell whenever you use Air Magic.

M-Totenkopf
25-04-2005, 07:56
hahahaha. well nice movie. :happy34:

thedelijedi
25-04-2005, 08:42
very cool movie, it is amazing how cool stuff like that can look

Zvixo
25-04-2005, 09:01
lol!
I've got short 30 second clips of the ranger playing the drums on that mountain if you want some extra footage. :p

Great video! (Oh btw, the new april25 gameplay video on on the guild wars ftp server, fireworks I say!)

Ghostlord
25-04-2005, 09:30
Oooh,another excel movie! this should be good :D :happy14:

keep up the good work!! :happy34:

Excel
25-04-2005, 09:42
Excellent movie! I have a question... can you post the skill sheet for that E in the first PvP scene?

***EDIT***

I love reverse-engineering:

Attributes: (cost)
Energy Storage: 12 (97)
Air Magic: 12 (97)

Total attribute points used: 194/200

Skills:
1) Ether Renewal (elite) - (10,1,30) For 10 seconds, each time you cast a spell, you gain 4 energy and 17 health for each enchantment on you. This is an elite skill.
2) Enervating Charge - (10,1,8) Target foe is struck for 41 lightning damage and suffers from weakness for 17 seconds. This spell has 25% armor penetration.
3) Lightning Strike - (5,1,5) Strike target foe for 41 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration.
4) Lightning Orb - (15,2,5) Lightning Orb flies towards target foe and strikes for 82 lightning damage if it hits. This spell has 25% armor penetration.
5) Blinding Flash - (15,3/4,4) Target enemy is blinded for 9 seconds.
6) Gale - (5,1,5) Knock down target foe for 3 seconds. This spell causes exhaustion. (50% failure chance with Air Magic 4 or less.)
7) Aura of Restoration - (10,1/4,20) For 60 seconds, you are healed for 350% of the energy cost each time you cast a spell.
8) Air Attunement - (10,2,60) For 55 seconds, you are attuned to air. You gain 30% of the energy cost of the spell whenever you use Air Magic.
--------------
I had 16 in air, 13 energy storage and 4 in earth magic.

It depended quite much on the situation if anyone else had glimmering mark I would take Ether Renewal instead but you can see my main skill setup at 2:29

I used a little different one for Fissure of Woe with rebirth instead of ward against melee, I just didn't have room for any rez spells in The Underworld :)

And yes I will probably make another movie in the future :)

Yalinya
25-04-2005, 14:47
well you would need some kind of protection skills like protective spirit because those critters in The Underworld can do 350 damage to caster armor with power attack :scared:

I did ~76damage with ligthning orb and 16 in air magic to the black beasts... I guess smiting would be great against the undead :D but we mainly used wards and blinding spells like glimmering mark

I actually saw a red -480 pop up over my monk's head at one point in the Underworld. I was originally a healing monk, but switched over to protection to use Protective Bond (which I picked up at the Temple of Ages...hmm). That helped a fair bit with making the tank I was protecting survive, although it definitely wasn't the best choice of skill for that.

Chantal Dubois
25-04-2005, 15:03
You're welcome for the screenies, Excel! Great movie! :happy65:

Ancale
25-04-2005, 16:19
Great movie Excel!! http://forums.gwonline.net/images/smilies/happy65.gif

xAzNKoBstAx
25-04-2005, 19:31
woo .. great movie excel.. i was in it woohoo lol .. i was that ele running around in a pyromancer's armor with a sliver of health left =D I think i died after that haha.. o wellz

-Athena Orestes

Excel
25-04-2005, 19:53
woo .. great movie excel.. i was in it woohoo lol .. i was that ele running around in a pyromancer's armor with a sliver of health left =D I think i died after that haha.. o wellz

-Athena Orestes

Hehe no actually you regained your health entirly a little later but then they killed the reaper and it was all over... I think it is you dieing because of that at 2:29

Shinra
25-04-2005, 20:08
Good movie, start was a little boring though :surprise: lol

Can't wait to enter the new PvE zones, I couldn't be bothered to wait for Europe to win last beta so I left it till release :bow:

Caelib
25-04-2005, 20:39
Did the video in this seem "hitchy" to anyone else? Every 3 or 4 seconds the video would seem stutterish ... sound was fine though. This definitely isn't a problem with my machine as other videos play fine ... my only guess is that the movie was published this way or the download is corrupt.

Excel
25-04-2005, 22:25
Did the video in this seem "hitchy" to anyone else? Every 3 or 4 seconds the video would seem stutterish ... sound was fine though. This definitely isn't a problem with my machine as other videos play fine ... my only guess is that the movie was published this way or the download is corrupt.

Nope there should be no lag at all, maybe try the newest Divx codec or another movie player to view it?

Good movie, start was a little boring though :surprise: lol

Can't wait to enter the new PvE zones, I couldn't be bothered to wait for Europe to win last beta so I left it till release :bow:

yes that is a good point and the movie doesn't fully deserve the title "Worlds at War" because there is no story in the movie. Unfortunately that is the most time consuming and footage consuming thing of them all, I simply did not have enough footage of the statues and other needed areas to create a plot, it's not 100% newbie friendly. Would have been nice to get an introduction to W@W but you can't get everything in life :lol:

Yalinya
26-04-2005, 00:59
I finally got around to watching this movie and I must say I'm very impressed. It looks like this one has the best visual quality of all the unofficial movies I've seen posted here.

Excel
26-04-2005, 05:57
I'm very happy also, over 1000 downloads in under 24hours :D, that's over 100GB of bandwith, luckily I'm not paying ;)

Ekrin
28-04-2005, 03:00
Awesome movie :happy34: i liked the battles in the underworld :worship:

Ekrin
28-04-2005, 03:02
Also to get a little off topic could someone tell me how to make movies? Im new to the game and MMO games in general so i have no idea how to make movies. thx!

wookie
28-04-2005, 07:01
The sizes of your movies seem extreme. Maybe not but it seems that way to me at least. For people that want really high quality movies fine, but even with broadband downloading a ~118MB under 4 minutes movie is annoyingly large. 800x600 video seems unescessary. And you might try using more compression. And dialup users? No one with dialup will download something for several days.
The quality doesn't even seem that good in places, and the video does stutter. Maybe you should try a different codec like xvid or something. anyway just a thought.
Oh and apparently I am watching the trailer with 640x480 res and is 72 megs and 4 minutes. So maybe the larger video doesn't have the quality problems. However it sounds like it suffers from stutter also.
Excellent movie though. :happy65:

Excel
29-04-2005, 01:32
well quite ironic the larger I make them the more downloaded they are :p and that's not a joke.

Stutter? what do you mean, I don't expreience any :-/ could you give a specific time index...

You can't get better qulality than that with Divx it is encoded with maximum quality settings, 3500bitrate, 2 pass encoding. The problem is when rendering the video in Sony Vegas5 the quality sligthly decreases although I always render with lossless settings :(

Gesuz
04-05-2005, 10:21
u are mistakin wookie i am on DU and im am downloading this movie as wek speak it will only take me a nite or so im used to d/ling 1.4gb movies so this is a breeze :howdy:

Tedman333
14-05-2005, 02:16
Cool video
I once made a video that came out 1.7g's big. Heh.

Eagle Wing
03-06-2005, 14:07
Great movie! The music goes so well with it.

Logan
04-08-2005, 11:02
Just got to download the video and watched it, now I really need to make one of my own ;P

Nice nice nice :happy14:

Logan