PDA

View Full Version : War/Monk

Alhania
26-04-2005, 02:06
I tried this out, since our team didn't have a monk I was the resurrector as well as tank. Also, I had a heal spell (heal group/mass heal..can't remember which). I didn't particularly like the idea of a tank also being responsible for everyone else's welfare, but I could surely hold my own/heal myself. Any suggestions on what makes for a good War/Mo? I'm interrested in how affective the protective or smite skills are, since I had little time to try them all. Also, I only focused on sword-skills. How are the others?

I'm hoping to make a War/Mo that can, if necessary, hold it's own against a swarm of mobs while my party gets to safety.

Herthbul
26-04-2005, 02:19
PvE War/Mo's should primarily run defensive skills in the Healing Prayers section so you can keep yourself alive as a tank whilest other persons deal the damage. Personally a War/Mo that runs Cyclone Axe, Live Vicariously and Vigorous Spirit does pretty well. If you lack a Zealous hilt use Warrior's Endurance as your elite, otherwise you could run something else.

PvP War/Mo's should run offensive skills in the Smiting Prayers section like Strength of Honor and Judge's Insight. Your damage will skyrocket with these enchantments and dealing damage is the War/Mo's goal in PvP. Healing is outdated because a non DF Orison of Healing from a War/Mo isn't going to mean much.

And generally you should carry Restore Life if possible.

Alhania
26-04-2005, 03:51
Much appreciated! I will def. try the smite-skills when the game releases ^_^. It seems from this I want to avoid points in healing, and focus on my weapon-mastery (whichever I end up going) and tactics or protection...

Anyone familiar with the different shouts/stances? I tried a few, like the defence shout ("Watch out" ?) but it didn't really work on my party since they weren't right next to me- seems kind of useless unless you're all rushing together...

ISThisNameTaken
07-11-2005, 02:39
I have a good W/Mo.She does decent dmg.She uses in combo Balthazar's Spirit and Mending. Along with Final Thrust, Galrath Slash, Power Atk, Sever Artery, and Gash. She is lvl 18. Is there a skill i should get that would stop the monsters from stripping my enchants? :confused:

Seef II
07-11-2005, 02:48
Spell breaker will stop enchant stripping, but it's too expensive and DF-linked.

I would suggest smiting in both pve and pvp, using tactics as defense. Balth spirit helps with energy if you are tanking.

Slade xTekno
07-11-2005, 03:59
Lol, 7-month old thread.

HonshuHigamori
07-11-2005, 12:15
Although it's an old thread, seeing as how it was bumped I should just go ahead and say this:

And generally you should carry Restore Life if possible.

You can never talk again. Ever.

Future W/Mos, never, ever carry Restore Life. Ever. The only excuse for doing so is in PvE; but even then, Rebirth is better. For PvP, Res Signet is best.

Cantos
07-11-2005, 22:56
Restore Life can go nicely on a W/Mo for organised PvP.

DarkZeal
08-11-2005, 01:10
Seeing as how he/she's talking about tanking mobs, I'm pretty sure this is a PVE build we're talking about..

Buddah
08-11-2005, 01:34
Restore Life can go nicely on a W/Mo for organised PvP.
Plays nicely with the stereotypical response that warriors are attacked last. So few ever care that a warrior is seemingly idle or notice the wa/mo using Restore Life on a dead teammate.

Zaxares
08-11-2005, 04:11
Plays nicely with the stereotypical response that warriors are attacked last. So few ever care that a warrior is seemingly idle or notice the wa/mo using Restore Life on a dead teammate.

Not me. I always keep an eye on W/Mo's ever since I started using a W/Mo using Succor in CA. :D Playing on people's stereotypes is fun!