PDA

View Full Version : Ascalon Runic Font

Verdigo
28-04-2005, 10:41
I was bored waiting for the early access to begin and I saw Eratimus' forum post about translating the runic symbols on a map he found. This gave me a good excuse to learn how to make fonts. This is as finished as his translation is so there are a couple missing letters. I will update it as he translates more. Lemme know what ya think. :)

http://home.comcast.net\~Verdigo\Files\AncientOrrianFont. rar

Shaylith
29-04-2005, 21:05
This is great! I wanted something like this ever since I saw the thread. Nice job and thanks!

Is it correct that the 'capital' runes smush closer together?

I wonder if I could turn my term paper in in old Orrian... ;)

Necro Blood
05-05-2005, 12:23
I was bored waiting for the early access to begin and I saw Eratimus' forum post about translating the runic symbols on a map he found. This gave me a good excuse to learn how to make fonts. This is as finished as his translation is so there are a couple missing letters. I will update it as he translates more. Lemme know what ya think. :)

http://home.comcast.net\~Verdigo\Files\AncientOrrianFont. rar
link don't work for me

Verdigo
18-07-2005, 04:59
No, the capital letters should not smush together but they do. Thats a problem with the spacing and I appearently forgot to check those but so far there aren't any difference between a capital and non-captial letter so thats a good excuse to why I didn't check them. I'll fix it when I update it. I just tried the link and it worked for me and I haven't changed it since I originally posted this.

Eratimus
15-01-2006, 15:49
No, the capital letters should not smush together but they do. Thats a problem with the spacing and I appearently forgot to check those but so far there aren't any difference between a capital and non-captial letter so thats a good excuse to why I didn't check them. I'll fix it when I update it. I just tried the link and it worked for me and I haven't changed it since I originally posted this.

The runes have been updated in the new thread that is up.

Melly
28-01-2006, 22:46
Wow, this is very cool! Great job on the font :)