PDA

View Full Version : How does a necro control minions?

Mirenda
29-04-2005, 03:57
Obviously, I must be overlooking this info, wherever it is, but I can't seem to find it in the manual or online. After I raise a minion, how can I control it so that it does something other than follow me around as its health fades away?

DarkArch0n
29-04-2005, 04:24
As far as I have done, not much control. I have been calling my targets but that doesn't seem to have any effect, and i couldn't think of anything else other than walk by who i want them to attack.

goblintrain
29-04-2005, 05:44
All you need to control minions is a target & the space bar. They will engage the target you are engaging, just periodically press the space bar to keep them focused. Space Bar = "Do it!". Thank of it that way and you should have no trouble.

Loengoth
01-05-2005, 02:29
All you need to control minions is a target & the space bar. They will engage the target you are engaging, just periodically press the space bar to keep them focused. Space Bar = "Do it!". Thank of it that way and you should have no trouble.

I have also been having an increasingly frustrating time controlling my pets. I picked N/R and while spamming my spacebar oddly seems to work for my Cat, it doesnt do a thing for my undead. I mean, they'll charge in but if there are more than 1 mob I can't get them to switch to a different one. Plus after they kill the one they were fighting they often charge off to attack another one that wasn't even engaged. The cat will switch, but sometimes he also will just stay on the one he started on, no matter how many times I slam the space bar.

Having my guy auto attack whatever mob I target with left click of the mouse button, or hitting space bar w/ one targeted is also annoying, though I figure I can probably turn that off somehow. The reason being, I'd like to send the pets in so they grab initial aggro and then start attacking myself.

Wanted to do the Overlord build thing but War/Nec is starting to look pretty good w/ emphasis on blood or curses and just skipping the pets altogether. :/

bonesrool
03-05-2005, 12:26
Also with pets and with henchies, you can click their name in the party list, then click where you want them to go/attack etc.

With respect to pets, it usuallyworks except if they are swamped by enemies...then you go in for them or spam healing from a distance and hope they dont die.

Darksier
03-05-2005, 17:46
Undead minions have less control than rangers' pets(which isnt a lot anyway). Undead minions will initially go after what you tell them too but after that they will just roam around and attack evreything until theres nothing left in their aggro range before returning to you. I only have bone horrors right now so Im not sure if this is true with other forms of undead minions, but I don't see why it would be different for them.

Deionarra Felgrace - lvl 11 N/W -=The Unholy Alliance=-

spectorz
14-07-2005, 02:25
what does suck though is when you hit space bar to target and you start to attack while you have spirit shackles or something similar that steals your energy away... so you have to just get close adn not commit to attacking.

Warskullx
14-07-2005, 05:27
Melee minions do their own thing, Bone fiends will focus your target fairly well.