PDA

View Full Version : Best Weapon Profession

Anubis Kek
30-04-2005, 20:39
im a war/monk an was wondering what the best weapon profession to invest in was?

superowner
30-04-2005, 21:13
It depends. Ifyou want extra armor and more bleed moves go with sword mastery.
I dont know anything about axes exept they also had bleed moves.
If you have a War Pick preorder you should work up hammer mastery. You need it to get 18-33 attack.I go with hammers because I haven't found many good swords or axes.

Buddah
01-05-2005, 02:30
I dont know anything about axes exept they also had bleed moves.

Incorrect.

The Axe has no bleeding. They are all about deep wounds and raw damage bonuses. Most axe skills inflict extra damage without requiring some pre-existing condition, such as Pentrating Blow (Wow, it's improved!) and Cleave. You cans till sring together attacks for other conditions, but bleeding isn't among them

Jezariah
15-02-2006, 14:38
I am also interested to know weather 2 invest in an axe or a sword.

Nathardia
15-02-2006, 14:42
There is no "best". It all comes down to personal preference.

hoblah
15-02-2006, 22:25
So would you recommend that you go with sword for the armor and bleeding, or hammer for the damage and knock down, or axe for the deep wound? I am a sword warrior now, but i am thinking of switching to a hammer b/c of the extra damage and the knock down. Is this a good idea?

Seef II
15-02-2006, 22:27
Not for pve. Hammer gets pretty shafted in pve for most usages, because the good skills come late in the game.

Sword/Axe in pve is your perogative; I opt for axe for interruption and the unconditional deep wounds.

LordShar
15-02-2006, 23:41
I'd recommend sword if you plan on soloing wurms, hydras, and RoF Mursaat, since you can't riposte nor deadly riposte with axe in hand...

HappyPants
16-02-2006, 00:04
I would go with axe hands down. Imo nothing else really compares unless you are trying some type of specialized team build. I like the sever gash combo on swords, but because so many monsters in PvE are immune to bleeding it just makes me think that swords suck. Also, if you are trying some type of riposte build, which are generally only good for soloing, it doesn't matter how good your sword is because riposte is doing most of the damage anyways.

GrimShade
16-02-2006, 00:12
It really depends on what roll you plan on taking in the game. A sword shield is a great combination for a defensive or offensive tank. They have the shield to get the best of tactics and tanking abilities, and the options of bleeding and deeps wounds that come with swords, or just raw damage with no conditions. Axes bring better interrupts and more raw damage but less variety of conditions. You still have the shield for Def and tactics.

Hammer is your offensive beast, best overall damage and knockdowns. If you want to be strictly offensive but a less tanking ability go with hammers. You do not have a additional protection of a shield but if you go this route you won’t be needing it…hopefully

There is no one best, and you can always switch it later.

Ubermancer
16-02-2006, 03:20
Get both, its that simple.

Admorseialo
16-02-2006, 05:40
I would go with axe hands down. Imo nothing else really compares unless you are trying some type of specialized team build. I like the sever gash combo on swords, but because so many monsters in PvE are immune to bleeding it just makes me think that swords suck. Also, if you are trying some type of riposte build, which are generally only good for soloing, it doesn't matter how good your sword is because riposte is doing most of the damage anyways.

With swords u get deadly riposte and that is one of the best moves IMO because the attackers next attack is blocked they bleed and take 40dmg. and not very many monsters are immune to bleeding only the sand, ice elemtents and a few others

Xukaiwen
17-02-2006, 08:32

Yup. I find that I each weapon line has advantages in different situations. Just go out and experiment. And if you don't have a good axe/sword/hammer, then discover the joy of collectors. (I like guildwiki.org and searching for "collector.")

schackl
20-02-2006, 04:47
Which sword will you recommend then, I've got around 10 K to spend on a sword.....

gragman
20-02-2006, 15:49

:wink: Exactly Uber - mix and match for the situation. I have an axe and a sword (actually a number of each) which all get used depending on the quest/mission/mood i'm in!:grin:

There is no best - its all a matter of personal preference.

As for which sword/axe, If you've got to Droks then get the collectors weapons, if not then check out the trade channel in LA or Ascalon for the best you can find.

Zaxares
21-02-2006, 04:24
I love my sword warrior and will never change his weapon. :cloud9: In areas where I'm going up against foes that are immune to bleeding (and thus the Sever Artery + Gash combo), I switch to pure damage skills like Pure Strike, Galrath Slash and Final Thrust. Riposte and Deadly Riposte are superb skills for solo-farming, since they ignore armor, and even Hundred Blades is actually nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, if you're a smart player who understands positioning and how to take advantage of it. I just love the versatility of swords, as opposed to the damagedamagedamage of axes.

A little OT hear but I was wondering what to do you all think of a 100 blades for farming?I am also a sword warrior although I used axe and hammer in pvp and i would prefer axe as a secoundary weapon choice.I would say learning swords take little more time than axe and hammer definetly take a lot more.In the areas of difficulty I would say it goes like this axe,sword and hammer.

Count Chocula V
24-02-2006, 13:58
I am sick and tired of people putting down the hammer. But I guess it has been good for one thing, it has kept prices low making getting sweet hammers, mods and even green hammers incredibly cheap. (like 3k for the greens, itís intense)

Now as to the "hammers suck in PvE" mindset. While it is true that the best skills do not come into the later parts of the game, there is then no reason to not try them out. The reason most ppl don't know about the effectiveness of Hammer Warriors is because no one uses hammers. No one uses hammers because they don't know the effectives of a hammer warrior. See the cycle?

Seriously try it out sometime, enemy monk/priest giving your team a hard time, not any more you can keep him on his backside for a long dirt nap. Enemy Boss got your party feeling down? Not any more, you just gave him deep wound, weakness, and are keeping him knocked down, effectively stopping his offence, and defence, not to mention Damage and interrupt. (Not to mention the wicked damge you can do with a high strength, attack skill, and attack buff)

Oh well I guess some warriors are just scared that with 80/85 al (with 10/20 bonus al vs physical) that they will die immediately if they do not bring a shield.

lol this got long. Just give hammers a try before you make any judgements. Of course this was just my rant, your free to hate hammers a much as you want. Just try'em out first :laugh:

Nathardia
24-02-2006, 14:10
Which sword will you recommend then, I've got around 10 K to spend on a sword.....

Buy the 15^50 sword from the weapon crafter in Droknars (5k ex. materials). Slap on some nice mods and there you go. :smiley:

AMorganstern
24-02-2006, 22:24
No kidding. Any warrior who isn't able to use all three, is shorting themselves in many situations.

Furthermore, to say that "Axes are for damage," is a gross oversimplification. Axes have nothing like Final Thrust.. even Eviscerate only does so much.

Seef II
25-02-2006, 05:40
Final thrust does 146 on 60 AL on a critical at normal levels of strength. Eviscerate crits for 112 + up to 100 from the deep wound.

(Not to diss swords, they are very good for utility purposes and certain farming builds - but to say that axe can't compete with final thrust is not true.)

Hammer's good, I am picking up the good hammers cheap before they probably get buffed next week. I used to be hammer back in the summer but changed back to axe when I realized that hammer is kind of lacking in PvE.