PDA

View Full Version : Pre-burn elementalist/mesmer skills?

shadowlord
30-04-2005, 22:28
I'm trying to make sure I have all my skills that I can before I leave the tutorial area.

Currently I have:
Resurrection Signet

Elementalist:
Aura of Restoration
Blinding Flash
fire Storm
Flare
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Lightning Javelin

Mesmer:
Backfire
Conjure Phantasm
Ehter Feast
Imagined Burden
Shatter Delusions

I dont seem to have any water/earth spells though. Any ida where I can locate them?

Dagoth Stormbringer
05-02-2006, 06:16
I'm trying to make sure I have all my skills that I can before I leave the tutorial area.

Currently I have:
Resurrection Signet

Elementalist:
Aura of Restoration
Blinding Flash
fire Storm
Flare
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Lightning Javelin

Mesmer:
Backfire
Conjure Phantasm
Ehter Feast
Imagined Burden
Shatter Delusions

I dont seem to have any water/earth spells though. Any ida where I can locate them?

I don't believe you can get water/earth spells in pre-searing

Gorani
05-02-2006, 06:51
You have all availabe E/Me skills from pre-searing. (You did not get "Empathy", from the basic Mesmer skills, but you can buy the skill - if you want - from Sir Bertran in Ascalon)

PS: Don't forget to do the skillpoint-quest. You should also stack up on some "scales" from the Skales-mobs. Those monster drops are easier to getr than the Gargoyles. this way you can buy Corwens Pyro-Armour early.

bearsfwd
05-02-2006, 13:41
You have all availabe E/Me skills from pre-searing. (You did not get "Empathy", from the basic Mesmer skills, but you can buy the skill - if you want - from Sir Bertran in Ascalon)

I would recommend not buying skills until you have completed all the skill quests, just for the simple fact that there are some skills you HAVE to buy (not counting elites). Most skills can be gained through quests though. Once you get to post-searing, the first few quests will reward you with the same skills I think, for those that may have missed them in pre-searing.

That's just my recommendation. I made the mistake of buying new skills as soon as I saw them, but by the time there were no more skill quests, I soon came to realize that I had to farm the xp to get the skill points to buy the skills that needed to be bought. Now I'm just farming xp for skill points to get every skill for every profession. I want to make my elementalist (my primary character) able to be anything I want her to be at any time, lol.

Gorani
05-02-2006, 15:28
I would recommend not buying skills until you have completed all the skill quests, just for the simple fact that there are some skills you HAVE to buy (not counting elites)

As a E/Me you will not get Empathy by quest, so you have to buy it. You could capture it from "Ignis Phanaura" in Old Ascalon, but this requires a Signet as well (that you have to buy).

If you want to use Domination from the Mesmerskills for the E/Me, there is no easier way than to by Empathy from Sir Bertran.

PS: But bearsfwd is right, too. Don't buy skills you do not need badly! (Check out guildwiki.org or another site, but I think Skills sold at Grendich Courthouse, Icetooth Cave and Ascalon Settlement(Greywind) are not available from quests.