PDA

View Full Version : Trouble With Necro/Ranger Build

Telufial
01-05-2005, 04:56
Hey, I'm curious if anyone has any helpful ideas for necro/ranger build. I just can't make up my mind whether to try blood magic, marksmanship and curses, or beastmaster, death magic, and blood magic and be a minion master. Does anyone have any good ideas for a Necro/Ranger build that will use the power of both classes effectively? Please post some of your build ideas!!!

-Telufial

Ivy
01-05-2005, 05:41
Hey, I'm curious if anyone has any helpful ideas for necro/ranger build. I just can't make up my mind whether to try blood magic, marksmanship and curses, or beastmaster, death magic, and blood magic and be a minion master. Does anyone have any good ideas for a Necro/Ranger build that will use the power of both classes effectively? Please post some of your build ideas!!!

-Telufial

hmm...I would go with markmanship, blood m. and curse m. or death m.
Ingame I'd like to stack them up with condition, and finish with some stronger R skill, Virulence is really good (if enermy alrdy have a condition they'll be disease for 3-13 sec.

There's a lot of combo for this class :happy34:

ShadisLecrou
02-05-2005, 17:28
Yeah, you could really go either way with it. With my N/R I went with Death Magic and Beast Mastery to make an overlord build. It's a good build to go solo in the explorable areas, because all you have to do is find one or two creatures you can take with just you and your pet, and then you can start amassing an army. The more minions you get, the easier things become.

And there are really two ways you can make a Curse/Marksmanship N/R (well, probably alot more than two, but two main schools of thought). One way would be to use lots of curses and conditions and try to get the whole enemy to have conditions and hexes on them. Disease and bleeding from the necro side, and cripple and daze from the ranger side. This would be a good team build support character. Another option would be to try to maximize damage toward one character. With things like weaken armor, barbs, and some high-damage ranger shots (and preparations), you could do some serious damage to a single target. This would be a good target-caller build. Call out a target with a curse, then fire away.