PDA

View Full Version : what to keep

Sir Sweepaway
01-05-2005, 11:22
OK I have about 10 highly salvagable items and I am about to leave pre-searing (I stayed a while too much just to make sure I didnt miss anything. I havnt fully explored north of the wall but I think its ok.) Should I only salvage these items with expert salvage kits? because I dont wana miss out on their good points.

also is dye really worth that much anymore ( I heard 75 to 100 gold which isnt too much) and should I only keep crafting materials for warriors since I am one and sell the rest? also what are the warrior ones, so far I know iron ingots, leather squares, and steel ingots. thx!

Taniniver
01-05-2005, 18:11
OK I have about 10 highly salvagable items and I am about to leave pre-searing (I stayed a while too much just to make sure I didnt miss anything. I havnt fully explored north of the wall but I think its ok.) Should I only salvage these items with expert salvage kits? because I dont wana miss out on their good points.

also is dye really worth that much anymore ( I heard 75 to 100 gold which isnt too much) and should I only keep crafting materials for warriors since I am one and sell the rest? also what are the warrior ones, so far I know iron ingots, leather squares, and steel ingots. thx!I've salvaged many "highly salvagable" items in pre-searing using basic kits, and had between 2 and 5 craft material from each. It's probably NOT worth waiting for expert kits, for a few reasons:

1. I'm not sure if they will actually get you any more material than the basic one.
2. They are not available immediately in post-searing, you can only buy them once you reach Yaks Bend (at least in the last BWE anyway).
3. They are damn expensive. Again, this is based on the last BWE, but back then they were 400 gold for a 25 use kit. Since the basic kits changed since then from being 100 gold for a 25 use to 40 for 10 uses, a similar change probably happened with these. Anyway, expensive.

As for selling your other stuff, yes, you might as well sell it, but try to sell to other players rather than the merchants, you can get more money. Just watch out for trade messages for a while to gauge the prices. You will see a LOT more trading going on once you reach post searing ascalon city.

Sir Sweepaway
01-05-2005, 18:37
Ok thx, I guess I can always get more highly salvagable items anyways. I thought that right when I got to post searing I would get one but I guess not haha. So is there anything north of the wall that should be holding me back from post searing? I cant really get past that char band of like 10 char so I guess its not worth trying haha.