PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Me/E build help.

Agoraphobic
01-05-2005, 16:18
Just looking for all around pointers. I've only been playing about 2 days now and have just been experimenting with different combos.

Basicly what I am looking for is a decent damage caster with some utility thrown in, right now I am just playing a RP character so solo PvE will be my primary focus for quite some time, followed closely by small group settings (mostly playing w/ rl friends who also play, 1 plays a Mo/W the other plays a R/Mo so any pointers as to what could help back them up would be welcome as well).

Many thanks in advance for anyone who posts.

Tsume
05-05-2005, 04:15
Just looking for all around pointers. I've only been playing about 2 days now and have just been experimenting with different combos.

Basicly what I am looking for is a decent damage caster with some utility thrown in, right now I am just playing a RP character so solo PvE will be my primary focus for quite some time, followed closely by small group settings (mostly playing w/ rl friends who also play, 1 plays a Mo/W the other plays a R/Mo so any pointers as to what could help back them up would be welcome as well).

Many thanks in advance for anyone who posts.

Hey Agoraphobic, welcome to the forums. Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post.

If solo PvE is your focus, and you want damage with utility, I would suggest taking Elementalist primary.

You then have a choice of Monk, Necromancer, or Mesmer for your secondary.

I'll give you a few brief tips about each and leave you to make your decision.

The Monk as a secondary will allow you to have heals avaible to yourself and companions, though it could lead to you being blamed for many things that arnt your fault. You could go smiting to further your damage dealing capabilities, or Protection or healing just for your self as well.

The Necromancer gives you the ability to raise minions, use life sapping skills, or tap into curses for a little party supporting abilities.

The Mesmer can afford you energy reclamation with Inspiration Magic, a few damage skills with Domination or some nice Degenerative skills to compensate your direct damage with the Illusion tree.

I'm sorry I didnt go into much detail, but hopefully this will give you some idea as where to head.