PDA

View Full Version : Item Sharing in Parties

alainpp66
01-05-2005, 20:14
Although I appreciate the fact that items are dedicated to certain people to prevent stealing... when I'm with my friends I trust them wheoleheartedly and it annoys me to no end that I see a bow on the ground with my Ranger and I can't pick it up. I have to call my friend over that's fighting a battle of her own.

Is there ANYWAY to allow items to be accessible to everyone in a group? or just 1 person...

If it's an option we can't change... I'm not going to be impressed.

lostchyld
01-05-2005, 20:57
Although I appreciate the fact that items are dedicated to certain people to prevent stealing... when I'm with my friends I trust them wheoleheartedly and it annoys me to no end that I see a bow on the ground with my Ranger and I can't pick it up. I have to call my friend over that's fighting a battle of her own.

Is there ANYWAY to allow items to be accessible to everyone in a group? or just 1 person...

If it's an option we can't change... I'm not going to be impressed.

if people in your group are still fighting, why are you worrying about getting a new bow? Finish the fight and then worry about who's getting what. It only takes a small amount of time to pick up an item and drop it again, at least once all the nearby aggros are dead.

alainpp66
01-05-2005, 21:42
Generally when I play, I play with 1 person. A good friend of mine. I know when she needs help and she knows when I need it. We pick off the monsters we feel like and don't always run and kill the same ones. Often I know that person is going to get the kill before I even get over there, so there's no point in my running.

I'm just stating that if I go and kill all the monsters in a given area, because she tends to aggravate more monsters and draw us further along, certain items won't be picked up... and if they do we still have to waste our time running back to them as opposed to my just picking it up in the first place.

When I'm needed in a fight I'm there, but if I'm picking off lvl3 broodskale with a lvl5-6 char, I know I won't be needed to save my friend. She can handle herself.

The fact is, it takes a second to grab an item and toss it down, but it could take 5 to 10 to 15 seconds to run to that item and that same amount of time to run back. That can be quite annoying over time.

Or if I see a great item for her and she's off elsewhere fighting, I can't just pick it up and bring it to her because she HAS to be the one to pick it up. So we waste our time because I have to get her attention, have her come to me, and then grab the item.

It's a great way for it to be setup for party members you don't know, but I've been gaming with this woman for 3 years.