PDA

View Full Version : Necro/Elementalist PvM Good Combination?

Tribo
02-05-2005, 02:50
I was hoping i could get some comments about this combination. I already wasted my time on my first char that i did which was a ranger, and i some how ended up becoming a Mes, so that was a bummer. perhaps if any of you guys have any suggestion, comments... just reply

Infoceptor
02-05-2005, 04:12
Well i am by no means an expert on this topic but yes, a Necro/Elementalist combo does work pretty well. The only problem that i encounter with my character is the need for a tank to be able to take the melee damage. A henchman can easily be used for this job but you obviously need real people to get the best result.

Currently i'm right in post-Aschelon and finished a good number of the missions and quests there. I'm using these skills:

Flare -- Quick recharge, good damage, nice for a single target
Fire Storm -- Very good spell for AOE, use it when your tank gets surrounded
Glyph of Lesser Energy -- When your running out of mana
Deathly Swarm -- Cast this right after Fire Storm to really dmg those groups
Vampiric Gaze -- Healing when your dying
Vampiric Touch -- Getting into melee is inevitable and this helps
Animate Bone Horror -- Good all-around tank, the more the better
Blood Renewal -- Takes some skill to use right but has saved me many times

My strategy is quite simple, Flare to get their attention. Warrior rushes in, Fire Storm then Deathy Swarm. Flare/Gaze to continue hurt and a Horror here or there. Perhaps Glyph is noone is dying and mana is needed. Touch if any rush to attack you, retreat and Renewal early if losing health fast.

He is currently level 8/9 and has 5 points in Death Magic, 4 points in Soul Reaping and 5 Points in Fire Magic.

Eitherway, i eventually hope to obtain Animate Bone Minions for twice the meat shield, Blood of the Master and Vertata's Sacrifice to extend minion life, Consume Corpse/Soul Feast as main means of healing and some more high dmging fire spells like Fireball and Phoenix to do the actual killing.

Hopes this helps.

The Resurrection
03-05-2005, 23:51
Do any of you know whether or not we receive all of the XP when we fight with henchmen? I think we might have to share with them, but I'm not sure.

The Resurrection
03-05-2005, 23:52
O.k., I have a way with these games to exploit weaknesses until they get fragged, or nerfed, or whatever else you want to call them. I started the game two days ago, and haven't played too extensively and am currently at level 12. I animate bone horrors like no other, sometimes having six of them at once. The trick is to use the skills that involve death magic, and put death magic all of the way up, and then use the other points wherever else you want them. Next, go to the city where you can buy the face armor and purchase the one that has death magic also. I am level twelve, and my bone horrors are running around as thirteens. All I need is a healer henchman, and another fighter henchman, and I'm pretty much good to go. All of the spoils go to me, and I'm fine with that.

Infoceptor
04-05-2005, 05:32
I believe that gold and XP are split if you get henchmen. Still a pretty good deal if you ask me since you get all the real loot aka. drops.

goblintrain
04-05-2005, 17:45
I was hoping i could get some comments about this combination. I already wasted my time on my first char that i did which was a ranger, and i some how ended up becoming a Mes, so that was a bummer. perhaps if any of you guys have any suggestion, comments... just reply

Hmmm... this thread seems to have steered off-topic? :confused:

Anyway, N/e. I think the firast thing you need to decide is if you really want a Necro primary or an Elementalist primary.

#1: Do you want Energy Storage, or Soul Reaping. If you plan on using a lot of the high cost ele & necro skill combos, having all that up-front energy from an Elementalist's Energy Storage is going to be important. If you are building around a long-term energy recoup scheme, especially one envolving minions Soul Reaping should serve you better.

#2: As you gain access to attribute runes, which attributes are you going to want to boost? If you want to increase your elementalist attributes, you are going to want that primary. If you want higher Necro attributes, be a necro.

#3: which one looks cooler! :cool:

I'm a big necro fan, but combos envolving Elementalist in particular require careful consideration of energy issues. Elementalists have lots of energy because many of thier skill combos require it, especially when using skills that cause exhaustion. You need to keep that in mind before building them, and decide whether or not an Elementalist primary will serve your needs better.

Hope this helps, & good luck. :)