PDA

View Full Version : who can have pets?

wookie
02-05-2005, 06:19
I am an elementalist/monk and would kind of like a pet. However I think pets are for rangers only. Am I correct in not being able to have a pet in presearing or postsearing? Thanks

Chantal Dubois
02-05-2005, 06:28
I am an elementalist/monk and would kind of like a pet. However I think pets are for rangers only. Am I correct in not being able to have a pet in presearing or postsearing? Thanks

Pets are a ranger profession only. If you are either primary or secondary ranger, you can then tame a pet. Necros can have minions of sorts, however they are short-lived and are created from corpses.

Akeal
02-05-2005, 15:33
To be honest your not missing much, I am a ranger and have a pet however i seldom use it. When you are doing missions you always tend to remover your tame pet skill and replace it with something more beneficial to group combat. And even when i solo... which in GW is a rareity i normally travel without my pet.. unless i know i am going to be fighting 3+ on 1.

Anyway... in theory its good to have a pet... but without controlls for the pet there pretty lame, all they can do is attack what your attacking, there is no way to make them attack first to take the aggro and they are really slugish and unresponsive.

Your not missing much :happy34:

Nitterik
02-05-2005, 17:49
What are all the types of pets you can have?

afroloq
02-05-2005, 18:07
What are all the types of pets you can have?

I have a panther...my brother's char. had a panther and swithced to a wolf...I also hear you can get a Moa bird or a bear...havent xconfirmed yet

Nitterik
09-05-2005, 17:49
I have a panther...my brother's char. had a panther and swithced to a wolf...I also hear you can get a Moa bird or a bear...havent xconfirmed yet
i did have a moa bird with my ranger and ive seen some wolfs. i want one so bad. were are they?

Mortshd
09-05-2005, 19:13
In the pre-searing, they are on the field left side of Abbey and for the post, they are in the Frost Gate (mountains). Pets could be: Moa/Strider, bear, stalker, warthog, wolf/snow wolf, lynx and lizzard.