PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to just stay one Profession?

TabasaMeow
02-05-2005, 08:55
I was wondering if it was possible to just be one profession in the role playing game. Like a pure Elementalist or Mesmer etc. I've noticed that one of the primary quests for beginers is to choose a second profession. It appears that we cannot advance out of the beginers stage unless we do. So I was just wondering if that really is the case?

Thanks

bonesrool
02-05-2005, 10:16
You have to have a second profession to access the academy and thus progress...

But you don't have to 'use' that second profession if you don't want to.
You may also be making the game unecessarily 'more' difficult to play as a result of not having those other skills.

So think about it...

The idea appeals to my sense of the 'what if' scenario too...lol

edit/
Don't just choose a profession to have a second one. Choose one that you like as the system will offer you quests for it. Thus you will have the skills for it even if they aren't used just yet.

Think of the implications with regard to the longer, over all, game play too...

TabasaMeow
03-05-2005, 08:44
Thanks for the tips :D I don't know if I've just made some bad profession combinations, but it just seems like a pure profession would be easier. I guess I just need to find a good mix.

bonesrool
03-05-2005, 08:50
This is a complex game when it comes to skill combos, so you haven't 'really' made a bad choice, as you can't do that.
It's almost impossible to do...but you can muff your skills, now that's easy...lol

It's all about skills, and that's the learning curve.

Don't be afraid of restarting...that's also a learning curve.