PDA

View Full Version : ~ Player Experience ~

Chowda
02-05-2005, 14:10
Hi,

Pardon this probably *stupid question, but I am still waiting for my copy of GW to come in.

Do players get exp for healing other party members and such, or only for killing and looting?

I am trying to figure out what I am going to make.

Thanks all

kuklovod
02-05-2005, 15:50
exp is shared proportionally, so pure healer monks gets their portion of xp and loot, too.

Taniniver
02-05-2005, 21:40
Experience is dished out when completing a quest, or when an enemy dies. You get a share of the death experience if you played some part in fighting that enemy - if you just sat half the map away, you wouldn't get anything. I'll list all I can remember that counts as having fought:

Damaging the target either with attacks, spells, whatever
Receiving damage from the target
Healing or casting any kind of enhancement on anyone who did either of the above

So if a warrior and a monk go kill an Oakheart, for example, if the warrior stands and fights it, and the monk heals the warrior, they both get experience. If the monk didn't heal the warrior, or cast any spells on him or the target, they wouldn't get anything.

Shakurs Legacy
03-05-2005, 01:10
Exp is differnt than that of FF tactics and such games. It's like diablo, the exp is shared amongst parties but more if you do quests by yourself

EDekar
03-05-2005, 01:21
Exp is differnt than that of FF tactics and such games. It's like diablo, the exp is shared amongst parties but more if you do quests by yourself

This is incorrect. Quests give exactly the same amount to everyone, regardless of whether you have multiple people in your group. This doesn't particularly matter however, as you can only complete your own quests and not others. While you can assist others to finish their quests, you will not receive experience for the completion of their quests unless you also have the quest and have updated it along with theirs. Monster experience is shared, quest experience is not.

Just thought I'd clarify that.

Shakurs Legacy
03-05-2005, 01:24
Oh my bad I was thinking of when you get to a higher level, you get less exp. Its obvious, but I thought i'd say it just in case. Your right though...wasnt reading what I wrote lol

Chowda
03-05-2005, 16:53
Thanks All - That Helps Alot

See you Online!