PDA

View Full Version : Zooming without scrollwheel....problem for me

Morgan le Fay
02-05-2005, 17:01
Not sure if this has been asked before, but can we please have a keyboard option to zoom in/out?

At the moment i have to plug in my boyfriends scrollmouse every time i log on so i can zoom out...then he plugs it back into his comp.

With most games there is a keyboard function for zooming, like page up/page down or the + - keys, but i have not been able to find it in GW.
I guess im one of the few ppl left who dont have a scrollwheel on their mouse...... :(

Rusty The Great
03-05-2005, 00:47
Tried looking if there is a shortcut key in the options you can set? Also you probably don't wanna hear this but surely you can buy a scroll mouse for about $5-$10.

Morgan le Fay
03-05-2005, 17:12
I checked the list..nothing.

And you're right, i didnt want to hear that :lol:

REI ONRYOU
03-05-2005, 22:30
Hold down both mouse buttons at once may do it. I don't have the game atm (damn slow delivery), so I can't confirm, but I think it might work.

If not, goto Support and /bug and report it to them. It should get fixed very fast.

I remember in Black & White, Ctrl and with the Up or Down arrow key would zoom in and out. Try that perhaps?

Keep my updated on the situation and I'll help how I can.

Lurlinemus
04-05-2005, 12:59
To zoom out without using the mouse wheel, hold the right mouse button down, then drag the mouse down to zoom out, up to zoom in. I also do not have a scrool mouse and this is how I do it.

teqguy
04-05-2005, 13:08
An application called Toggle will allow you to map your mouse functions to your keyboard.

It's shareware, but I'm sure you could find something similar that's free... now that you know what to look for.

http://www.toggle.com/products/togkeyboard/index.html

Morgan le Fay
14-05-2005, 23:05
Thank you all for replies, holding right mouse button down and moving up and down only moved my view up and down, does not zoom.

Recent update..my boyfriend bought me a new mouse :love19:

REI ONRYOU
15-05-2005, 00:13
Can I steal your boyfriend and get him to buy me a Logitech MX1000 please?

Morgan le Fay
20-05-2005, 17:09
Heehee, nope, he's MINE ALL MINE :love38:

elbertc
20-05-2005, 18:05
...buy me a Logitech MX1000 please?

What's so neat about this particular ~$80 mouse that would make me want to shell out $80 for it? (Not for you, mind you. For me. :uhhuh: )

REI ONRYOU
21-05-2005, 10:53
Top notch gaming mouse. The right weight, good ergonomics and tracking, with several extra (and useful) buttons on it. Wireless too with a long battery life, and it glides so smoothly.

*drools*

Dukan
23-05-2005, 20:27
I've got a Logitech 3 button, optical mouse... don't remember the model #. It's nice because the 3rd button is on the left side where your thumb naturaly goes. I have it assigned as the middle mouse button and it works for zooming the camera. So, I'm able to rotate the camera around with the right button and zoom in/out with my thumb on the side button. Takes a little getting used to, but it makes for good, smooth control.

elbertc
23-05-2005, 20:32
Ahhh ha.. I see.

Well, since I just spent $340 for a new 19" flat panel monitor, I'm done spending money for a while.

Ochiba
23-05-2005, 20:36
If you're someone who's looking, try the Razer Diamondback.. I absolutely love this mouse and consider it the best I've ever purchased for gaming.

ReZon
23-05-2005, 21:01
I know this question has been answered already, but I just thought I'd note that there are keyboards now with scroll wheels on them. I have a logitech somethingorother keyboard, and on the left side is a scroll wheel, a "back" button for your browser and some other gizmos. :D

Corrodias
23-05-2005, 21:16
my mouse is a little cheapo logitech optical (supposedly "2x speed"). its product name appears to be "wheel mouse". it's nothing special, but i hate ergonomic mice, or any mice that i am supposed to hold a certain way.