PDA

View Full Version : capture?

thehouseofspike
02-05-2005, 22:09
ok i know there are more than likely more threads on this topic, but there's no search, and as im at work i don't have time to look back through the forum....so now to my question...
what is capturing?? i know it has to do with elite skills, but where/how do you do it??? (if it's in the book that came with GW, please don't flame me, i don't have the patience to read it...as i just wanted to play..lol)....thanks for your help...
spike

Corrodias
03-05-2005, 03:58
from what i understand, which is just what i read in another thread, you gain a "capture signet" in a certain mission or quest. you then use that signet on an enemy after he uses a skill you want (and can use) and it gives it to you. is this right?

EDekar
03-05-2005, 04:11
The Signet of Capture can be purchased later on from a skill trainer for the low, low price of one skill point and some gold. If I recall correctly, it is considered an Elite Skill, so you can't load up any other elite skills while you have it loaded. The way the signet works is you go out and find a boss that has the skill you want. Then you watch his target bar and wait for him to use the skill you want. As soon as you see him activate it, trigger your Signet of Capture and it'll become the skill. From there on, you have that skill permanently. As a result, don't screw up and capture the wrong skill or you'll regret it.

Hope that helps!

thehouseofspike
03-05-2005, 16:19
so you can only have 1 elite skill??? or one per skill type????
spike

Nightchill
03-05-2005, 16:57
You can only have one Elite skill on your hotbar at any one time.

garzahd
03-05-2005, 17:39
I don't think the SoC is still considered elite. But in any case you're only using it for a PvE mission, so it's not a concern for PvP.

Note that it's helpful to do all the quests for the crummy skills, because you can't capture a skill you already have. Getting all the other skills makes it easier to capture the very-low-cast-time skills that bosses may use, because you can just spam the SoC until you stop getting an error about "can't capture that".