PDA

View Full Version : Where, How To Get Parchment?

dofwarrior
02-05-2005, 22:51
I'm curious about where a person finds parchments, or if they have to be made and by whom?

Infoceptor
03-05-2005, 00:41
Ahhh, trying to craft that scar pattern for your Necro eh? I ran into the exact same problem... Rolls of Parchment are apparently extremely rare crafting materials.

The only place i found so far that offers this is in Post-Searing Fort Ranik. Just outside, South on the map, there is a Materials Trader that makes rare crafting materials for you. If memory serves, you need 20 gold and 5 wooden planks to make one roll of parchment.

Hopefully, you saved all those salvaged materials in your stash somewhere as you need at least 10 wood to make the least powerful pattern. If not, then trading for the rest with other people isn't such a bad idea either.

bonesrool
03-05-2005, 05:39
There is a crafter up the hill from Sardelac Sanitorium, he's just off to the left a little way..

dofwarrior
03-05-2005, 09:26
Man am in for alot of farming. The scar pattern I want requires 24 Parchments.

Thanks for the reply, I never wanted to be a farmer :o

Infoceptor
03-05-2005, 12:53
I believe that expert salvage kits can yield rare crafting materials too so try to get one of those. Remember, i'm only at the Ruins of Sumtra so there must be easier ways to obtain them.

ShadisLecrou
03-05-2005, 17:03
Yeah, you'll eventually come across stuff that will give parchments when you salvage them. And wood planks aren't that hard to come across. Salvage lots of wands and bows and such. It's not going to be REAL quick, but if you just salvage everything while you're playing through the game, you'll have 'em before you know it. Unless you're rushing through the missions. There's definitely some advantage to taking it slow and doing as many quests as you can.

Aria Darkstorm
16-05-2005, 04:28
if you need planks see me in the game i hve hundreds

Taxed
16-05-2005, 17:41
It should be pretty easy to buy wood planks....

Nefaru Firestorm
17-05-2005, 00:36
Also, the artisan due south of Fort Ranki will craft Rolls of Parchment.

You can see him as soon as you walk out.